• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be in Disney Jan 28th - Feb 1st. The Disney calendar says HS will open at 8am. My question is this, do I need to arrive at 7? or not til 8? I am really hoping to be able to rid ROTR but I know my mother will not want to be at a park at 7am. It's just a mother/daughter 4 day trip and her mobility is not the best (and refuses to use a scooter...ugh LOL)

Thanks!!!

I will be in Disney Jan 28th - Feb 1st. The Disney calendar says HS will open at 8am. My question is this, do I need to arrive at 7? or not til 8? I am really hoping to be able to rid ROTR but I know my mother will not want to be at a park at 7am. It's just a mother/daughter 4 day trip and her mobility is not the best (and refuses to use a scooter...ugh LOL)

Thanks!!!
If they stick to the 8am opening as long as you're in the park by 8, you should be able to get a BG for ROTR, but we have no data on a 8am opening.

Thanks!!!

From everything I've read, you should arrive between 7 and 7:30 to be in the park exactly at 8 if you want to ride.

Just got BG 30 from the comfort of my own bed at the Swan hotel room. Tapped in around 6:30AM, turned right around and caught the boat back to the hotel. Even though FOUR separate guest services reps told me you have to physically in the park to join a BG, they are wrong, you only have to tap in. Thanks to the select few on this board that confirmed this trick!
That's cool! I'd just hate to be the person who found out the hard way that Disney closed that loophole! :(

Sayhello

Laugh away, the food at AoA has been absolutely inedible. That particular shoneys has a nice breakfast buffet with many options

Since you had to ask...

We left early to go back and grab the ecv I had to rent yesterday for my son after he was discharged from hospital after having a medical emergency.

Disney is not one size fits all & ship happens. How you rise above it is what counts. He had a wonderful day btw & encountered no judgmental people- there

FYI No Minnie adaptive vans run before 6:30 am. No gondola service & scooter wouldn’t fit in rental suv too heavy to lift anyway

Note that area behind us in the pic was filled with people to bag check. By the time we walked back to coffee place we had what I consider a short wait

arrival time is a YMMV situation

No passengers, were empty gondolas this am after 6 Amish when we arrived. had to grab a WC in parking lot could see clearly
FWIW Mears has taxi Van's available which accommodate wheelchairs and ECV. We were quoted 22 POR to DHS We were charged a meter rate just over 15.

That's cool! I'd just hate to be the person who found out the hard way that Disney closed that loophole! :(

Sayhello

Would of thought they wouldn’t do that anyway because of park hopper tickets?

is this the longest the ride has been down since it opened?

What have people's experiences been with delays in ROtR interfering with FPP reservations? For example, if you had an 11AM SDD FPP+ but were in line at ROtR for a 10AM BG which got delayed for 2 hours and then you miss your SDD FPP? Are CMs good about moving the time for the FPP for you or giving you a new FPP for SDD etc?

Not a good way to start the MLK weekend with the ride being down for this significant amount of time.

Just got BG 30 from the comfort of my own bed at the Swan hotel room. Tapped in around 6:30AM, turned right around and caught the boat back to the hotel. Even though FOUR separate guest services reps told me you have to physically in the park to join a BG, they are wrong, you only have to tap in. Thanks to the select few on this board that confirmed this trick!

This information is good to know!

I wonder if anyone had tried this from another park though? I imagine if you tap into HS, left, and then tapped into another park before you try for a BG, you would not be able to get a BG.

Last edited:
What have people's experiences been with delays in ROtR interfering with FPP reservations? For example, if you had an 11AM SDD FPP+ but were in line at ROtR for a 10AM BG which got delayed for 2 hours and then you miss your SDD FPP? Are CMs good about moving the time for the FPP for you or giving you a new FPP for SDD etc?
There are reports of CMs moving things for guests who have conflicts like this because of RotR delays and even overlapping times. Not a guarantee, but it can't hurt to ask.

Am I the only one that sees the trend when it's ran through a higher number of groups on one day, it opens late the next? Not every time, but quite a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter