READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good suggestion, but unfortunately will not work for me. :-( I know you guys are going to hate me for saying this, but I wish that you could only get one boarding pass a week, then more people would get a chance during their vacation.

I would be OK with some limit on the number of rides one person can get. Maybe one a week is too strict, but blocking someone out for one or two days after getting a BG might help to loosen up the crowds in the short term.

I don’t see it happening though.

At the very least, when you tap into a park, the system knows you are there. If you leave the park, you do NOT tap out. You just exit. All the system know is that you are at that Park. If you tap into another park, clearly the system now knows that you are not at DHS, and therefore should not be eligible for a BG. For those who have tapped in and left before securing a BG, have the tickets been scanned anywhere else in the interim, or if using a MB, was the MB also used to unlock a resort room door? (But that may be a different functionality that does not communicate with ticketing functionality/photo/billing on the MB). Is the whole "being tapped into DHS" really just the system knowing where your MB is to confirm BG? Basically, of so, if your MB is scanned elsewhere, it knows you're not there, but if not, then it assumes you are still in DHS. Maybe? At the very least, if billing, photo, tickets, room key are all separate functions that don't inter-communicate, I would have to think that using your MB to tap into some other park would tell the system you're NOT in DHS.

I do agree that once you tap into another park they can tell that you must not therefore still be in DHS but, and maybe playing a bit of Devil's Advocate, but why shouldn't you still be eligible for a BG? You still did what was required, to scan into DHS meaning you are eligible for that day to come to DHS/used up a ticket day/etc

Hi, I already tried to ask this question once but don’t think I was clear enough. We are walking from the dolphin tomorrow morning to tap in at HS by 6:20. We will wait to get a boarding group and then head out immediately to catch morning EMH at Animal Kingdom. Are the buses running from park to park that early, or are we going to have to walk all the way back to the dolphin to get the AK bus there? Thanks so much for all the tips and help, read almost all of this thread for tomorrow and Sunday. My girls hearts are set on being able to ride sometime this weekend, and we’re going to give it our best shot!

I would be OK with some limit on the number of rides one person can get. Maybe one a week is too strict, but blocking someone out for one or two days after getting a BG might help to loosen up the crowds in the short term.

I don’t see it happening though.

yeah, I think it comes down to how much additional work that would take and also the negative reaction they would get from others (I can see the flip side of someone saying if I am paying for a ticket for that day why shouldn't I be able to ride that ride the same as someone else who paid for a ticket that day) just not worth implementing it ... even if I do see the positive to it as well

And really, at this point, it does seem that as long as you are there by park opening you will get to ride so the only realy positive of that limitation would be that primary BGs last an hour instead of 15 minutes ... is that really worth the negative side? I could see it more if it was still the daily case that BGs were gone in 90 seconds or if you had to be there at 2am to get one or something

That's cool! I'd just hate to be the person who found out the hard way that Disney closed that loophole! :(

Sayhello

I don't think it can be easily closed unless they implement GPS tracking from your phone. You can't tap to leave the park so without doing GPS (whch would lkely cause more issues then it helps) they don't know for sure if you are still in HS or not unless you tap into another park. I don't see them doing GPS on it so without that all they know is that you last tapped into DHS.

I do agree that once you tap into another park they can tell that you must not therefore still be in DHS but, and maybe playing a bit of Devil's Advocate, but why shouldn't you still be eligible for a BG? You still did what was required, to scan into DHS meaning you are eligible for that day to come to DHS/used up a ticket day/etc

As I mentioned, what about park hopper tickets? Why would they cancel your BG if you went to another park? That would be grossly unfair.

Hi, I already tried to ask this question once but don’t think I was clear enough. We are walking from the dolphin tomorrow morning to tap in at HS by 6:20. We will wait to get a boarding group and then head out immediately to catch morning EMH at Animal Kingdom. Are the buses running from park to park that early, or are we going to have to walk all the way back to the dolphin to get the AK bus there? Thanks so much for all the tips and help, read almost all of this thread for tomorrow and Sunday. My girls hearts are set on being able to ride sometime this weekend, and we’re going to give it our best shot!

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to your question as I have never tried.... but I'm suspicious of a park-to-park bus being available at that hour. Or if it is running, it being frequent. I could be way wrong, just seems like somewhere I'd keep expectations low.

Is Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van an option for you?

As I mentioned, what about park hopper tickets? Why would they cancel your BG if you went to another park? That would be grossly unfair.
Not cancelling Bags, just eligibility to get one to begin with. Once you get one, it doesn't get taken away, but in order to get one, you have to at least have already gone to DHS that morning.

First time posting and I read through many many pages, so hopefully my questions are acceptable!
1. We are not staying on property- therefore no magic bands. One day tickets were purchased via the MDE app. From what I understand, I'll need to take my confirmation email barcode to a ticket window and obtain the plastic cards. I have our 6 party members entered into my app from when I purchased the tickets and made our FP reservations, but will I need to take any additional steps to link our tickets in the app before being able to get boarding groups?
2. I've been reading that the general consensus is that a 6:30 arrival time allows you to safely be inside the park by 7am. With needing to check in at ticketing to get our plastic cards, should we allow extra time and if so any suggestions on how much? Do all members need to be present at the ticketing window to get the plastic cards or just the purchaser?
3. In instances of people that only have 1 day park passes, have there been any reports of Disney providing discounts for a return visit in cases of ride malfunctions? I know I've heard quite a bit about return recovery FPs, but I'm curious if anything is known about comps with a return visit. (Obviously this will likely be a non-issue, but I'm more just curious than anything!)
Thank you.

We don't have plastic cards, but we do have Canadian tickets we need to have validated, so essentially the same scenario to check in at ticketing. I'm hoping we'll have enough energy left for DS upon arrival, but if not my backup plan is to try and get to the park for 6am. I would allot an extra 30 minutes, myself. Just in case of a line up. Also depends on what day you're going though - a busy weekend I would deff try to be there by 6.

yeah, I think it comes down to how much additional work that would take and also the negative reaction they would get from others (I can see the flip side of someone saying if I am paying for a ticket for that day why shouldn't I be able to ride that ride the same as someone else who paid for a ticket that day) just not worth implementing it ... even if I do see the positive to it as well

And really, at this point, it does seem that as long as you are there by park opening you will get to ride so the only realy positive of that limitation would be that primary BGs last an hour instead of 15 minutes ... is that really worth the negative side? I could see it more if it was still the daily case that BGs were gone in 90 seconds or if you had to be there at 2am to get one or something
Yeah, I guess you are right, I was just thinking what a bummer it is for someone on a one in a lifetime trip missing out and a space being filled by someone who has already ridden several times that week. Or someone like me, that may not have anyway to get to the park on time, due to bus scooter space, no matter how early I am willing to wake up to try, and how a few more spots could make the difference. I do agree though, if you pay for a day in the park, you should get a shot like everyone else.

I would not like this at all. get the reason for possibly doing this but I'm on the side of if I have tickets for 3 days I should have 3 shots at RotR if I want to go to the effort to do so.

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to your question as I have never tried.... but I'm suspicious of a park-to-park bus being available at that hour. Or if it is running, it being frequent. I could be way wrong, just seems like somewhere I'd keep expectations low.

Is Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van an option for you?
There are five of us so the Minnie Van could be an option, but we’re all happy to walk. So we can go back to the dolphin and catch the bus if we need to! Just wanted to see if anyone had any experience that early with getting to another park! Thanks so much for all the help that you and everyone has given! Feel prepared and hopeful to ride!

What have people's experiences been with delays in ROtR interfering with FPP reservations? For example, if you had an 11AM SDD FPP+ but were in line at ROtR for a 10AM BG which got delayed for 2 hours and then you miss your SDD FPP? Are CMs good about moving the time for the FPP for you or giving you a new FPP for SDD etc?

Yesterday I had FP for Big Thunder at MK, we missed those because of our RoTR boarding time and had them replaced when we got to MK with a ride anytime same day FP when we got there, Mine Train was also down and that was repalced with a ride anytime FP when we got there. Made those last 3 hours at MK very easy.

Yeah, I guess you are right, I was just thinking what a bummer it is for someone on a one in a lifetime trip missing out and a space being filled by someone who has already ridden several times that week. Or someone like me, that may not have anyway to get to the park on time, due to bus scooter space, no matter how early I am willing to wake up to try, and how a few more spots could make the difference. I do agree though, if you pay for a day in the park, you should get a shot like everyone else.
If its a once in a lifetime trip and its that important to ride then I would hope they would be there at park open to secure a boarding group. It's taking 15 min for them to fill so anyone in the park at opening ready to go should be getting in. I don't think its practical or fair to block someone from access on a day they paid for admission to the park. What about that person with a once in a lifetime trip looking to get in a second ride within that week, or someone who only has 2 days and wants to spend them both in SWGE?

BTW, if scooter space is your issue and it is really vital, you can get a minnie van or uber that can take a scooter. Did you really start trying as soon as buses started running and not make it by 7? What resort was this? How early were you in line for the bus and how many ECV's in front of you?

BTW, if scooter space is your issue and it is really vital, you can get a minnie van or uber that can take a scooter. Did you really start trying as soon as buses started running and not make it by 7? What resort was this? How early were you in line for the bus and how many ECV's in front of you?

Why would you guestion if it is really valid? It has already been posted by another guest that the Minnie Vans that accepts scooters do not run that early and as a single female, Uber and Lyft are not options I feel safe with. No problem, it is all good, you may have missed my other post.

I do agree though, if you pay for a day in the park, you should get a shot like everyone else.

Why would you guestion if it is really valid? It has already been posted by another guest that the Minnie Vans that accepts scooters do not run that early. It is all good, you may have missed my other post.
I'm sorry, that was worded badly. I didn't mean to question I meat really as in really bad.

Do you mind sharing your experience with scooters and getting to HS early? It has me a little concerned as I am looking at putting a scooter on a bus to get there as well. How early were you at the bus stop waiting, and how many scooters were in front of you? What hotel was it?

I'm sorry, that was worded badly. I didn't mean to question I meat really as in really bad.

Do you mind sharing your experience with scooters and getting to HS early? It has me a little concerned as I am looking at putting a scooter on a bus to get there as well. How early were you at the bus stop waiting, and how many scooters were in front of you? What hotel was it?
PP hasn't gone yet. They are thinking ahead about getting there. There are some resorts with LOTS of ECV traditionally. I've seen very long lines of them waiting to board buses. With 2 max per most buses (few can take 3 I think) if there are 4, 5 ECV you will have an issue. Or at least a long wait.

I had offered a suggestion, if someone can get by without for a short distance, of taking an Uber to HS, then going in and renting one in the park that day. Or even using a wheelchair that day. Any compromise so they don't have to wait on an ECV spot on a bus.

Minnie vans that transport two scooters are available. However, when I called to book one I was told that they open at 6:30 and could be to Pop Century by 6:45. This might not work to get a boarding group with a 7am park opening. I was also told they might open earlier and would decide that the night before or morning of. And I was advised not to depend on a Minnie van for a 7am opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter