READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of this makes perfect sense. If someone joins a group a few seconds before another person, they will obviously get an earlier BG.

Where it gets tricky is when you have 7000 people all hitting the same button within seconds. If there are 500 people who ping the server in the exact same millisecond, how does the server deliver those BG groups? Perhaps that one part is semi-random. Either way, the faster you select to join a group, the lower the BG group will be (outside of situations where the server is pinged simultaneously by more people than can fit into a single group.)
Did you just stop at GR to have your Fast Passes replaced?

There are these my disney experience kiosks with an umbrella and podium throughout all parks, the CM was so excited we got on ROTR, and evem more sikedbto realign all our FP's that we missed due to our boarding group time. It actually worked out great because my FP were 10AM BTM, and 430PM Mine Train, both were turned into two ride anything/anytime same day in MK.

Magickband does not have a GPS type chip in it.

There is a transmitter but it is only for "extras" like photopass things and the battery for that can die and all the essential functions of the magicband still work. So to try to use that to drop people if they walk out of the park would not be 100% effecrtive and if you only block out some peope and not all is it worth doing?

Just don't see anything like that being implemtned.

Im familiar w the technolgy the interwebs say is in magicbands, def not GPS but its location trackable depending on the level back end and infrastructure Disney has implemented, given the value of that data and anaylytics these days Im sure they spare no expense. Its def not worth them using it to block people out of transactions like RoTR, esp only temporarily until FP+ is implemented.

Hello everyone!!! I haven’t got The time to write until now. I’m from Costa Rica and thanks to all of you I manage to do ROTR on wednesday. From getting at 5 for rope drop to MFSR, to going to the right at tapstiles, Also getting my boarding group all The way from Costa Rica (thanks to my daugther using my MDE account becouse i was on disney wifi). Thanks all of you for The knowledge and help!!!

I can't help but wonder at what point do they just give up and close the attraction all together
Today there will be 57 "guaranteed" BG not riding. If each is about 80 people that's 4560 people x $112 per ticket that's $510720 that they are issuing on guest recovery
Plus the money lost on casting the ride, all the CM that are basically not doing anything at the moment...when do they call it quits or will they

I can't help but wonder at what point do they just give up and close the attraction all together
Today there will be 57 "guaranteed" BG not riding. If each is about 80 people that's 4560 people x $112 per ticket that's $510720 that they are issuing on guest recovery
Plus the money lost on casting the ride, all the CM that are basically not doing anything at the moment...when do they call it quits or will they
I was thinking the exact same thing. Something is terribly wrong today, they'd be better off devoting whatever time they can to make sure tomorrow goes better (I mean, assuming it's the kind of thing they can work on tonight). I really feel for the CMs who are probably taking the brunt of an enormous amount of customer frustration. This also could not have come at a worse time as they head into MLK weekend. 😞

And tomorrow is going to be hardcore... with "everyone" who got a FP trying to ride and the normal BG distribution. And with the MLK crowds.... I hope they fix it tonight.
I have a feeling that tomorrow backup BG are going to start below 100.

The “money” being issued isn’t really paid out. How many AP’s are part of that amount of people, how many people were already planning on coming back on a multi day ticket that’s already paid for, how many people are leaving today and won’t even use that ticket? If they are issuing a refund on multi day tickets that’s another story but they aren’t losing even close to $500k+ on guest recovery.

And tomorrow is going to be hardcore... with "everyone" who got a FP trying to ride and the normal BG distribution. And with the MLK crowds.... I hope they fix it tonight.
I have a feeling that tomorrow backup BG are going to start below 100.
I agree - to put some numbers around it:
- There are 57 regular BGs that didn't even get called back today
- 49 BGs did get called back, but how many of those folks actually rode?
- They issue on average 102 regular BGs on a 13 hour day.
- Assuming the ride appears to be fully operational, they could have somewhere in the neighborhood of 70-80 BGs worth of people from today trying to ride tomorrow...

The “money” being issued isn’t really paid out. How many AP’s are part of that amount of people, how many people were already planning on coming back on a multi day ticket that’s already paid for, how many people are leaving today and won’t even use that ticket? If they are issuing a refund on multi day tickets that’s another story but they aren’t losing even close to $500k+ on guest recovery.
A fair point for sure, BUT @yulilin3 didn't necessarily say "losing" - she said giving out. They are giving out that value worth of tickets. How they end up used and who received could certainly limit the exposure a bit though.

A ticket is a ticket. Sure some may go unused but I can guarantee if, for example, a local ap got this recovery and they called guest services they would get this switched to a gift card or other forms of compensation. Also the math is just from today, how many days have they done this? You can bet there's a group doing math and checking where thre breaking point is, they can't keep going in recovery for a long time

A ticket is a ticket. Sure some may go unused but I can guarantee if, for example, a local ap got this recovery and they called guest services they would get this switched to a gift card or other forms of compensation. Also the math is just from today, how many days have they done this? You can bet there's a group doing math and checking where thre breaking point is, they can't keep going in recovery for a long time
I can’t fathom they pull the plug in a big picture sense. The just doubled down today with DL.

20+ years in and Test Track still doesn’t work particularly well. Neither does Radiator Springs Racers out west at DCA, which was down for huge portions of the day today. At some point they’ll just stop doing guest recovery and it’s tough luck, probably whenever they switch to FP.

I’d be very surprised if they were to just give up. They could have it fixed 5 minutes after the “give up” point. A one day park hopper isn’t that much for Disney in the grand scheme of things.

well, it depends on what the issue is. I agree if they think they can keep working on it and potentially have it fixed in 5 minutes or whatever they will - but at some point they may realize they just need a complete reboot or it is going to take well into the night to fix it and decide to let people leave. They obviously know details we don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter