READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everyone needs to double check new fastpass openings for the time changes.
I was in the middle of lamenting having to get up an extra hour earlier when I saw this post... I just got our FP+'s for SDD and TSMM on 1/27 and 1/29 moved up from mid-afternoon to the morning. It'll give us more to do during the immediate hours after rope drop!

I wouldn't have even thought to check that. So thanks!

We finally gave up and left the park. I was able to snag a backup boarding group (#129) for my family of 5 early this morning. I received a push notification around 2:38pm that “Unfortunately we will not be able to accommodate your backup group today”.

We were disappointed for that news, but the other lesson to be learned here is that with the ride down and hundreds of people waiting around all day waiting for their BG, it becomes so incredibly crowded. I thought I would have better luck getting on rides since we were nearly at rope drop, but they were all 45+ minutes and shows and character greets weren’t going at 8am. We had a FP for SDD, and that was good. TSMM went down when we were in line- over an hour waiting at 7:45am!!! We left to make our SDD FP, but thankfully a guest services person was able to get us a return FP. I noticed later that SDD was down. We didn’t rush to sign up for Jedi Training, and we were put on an alternate list at 9:45am. It took 5 tries to get my kids in, but we eventually made it.

I understand that rides go down, but today was just a really bad day for Disney and Hollywood Studios. The domino effect for crowds when rides malfunction is awful. We still made the best of it and my kids still had fun, but I’m glad this wasn’t a once in a lifetime dream trip for us. What a disappointing day. :(

We finally gave up and left the park. I was able to snag a backup boarding group (#129) for my family of 5 early this morning. I received a push notification around 2:38pm that “Unfortunately we will not be able to accommodate your backup group today”.

We were disappointed for that news, but the other lesson to be learned here is that with the ride down and hundreds of people waiting around all day waiting for their BG, it becomes so incredibly crowded. I thought I would have better luck getting on rides since we were nearly at rope drop, but they were all 45+ minutes and shows and character greets weren’t going at 8am. We had a FP for SDD, and that was good. TSMM went down when we were in line- over an hour waiting at 7:45am!!! We left to make our SDD FP, but thankfully a guest services person was able to get us a return FP. I noticed later that SDD was down. We didn’t rush to sign up for Jedi Training, and we were put on an alternate list at 9:45am. It took 5 tries to get my kids in, but we eventually made it.

I understand that rides go down, but today was just a really bad day for Disney and Hollywood Studios. The domino effect for crowds when rides malfunction is awful. We still made the best of it and my kids still had fun, but I’m glad this wasn’t a once in a lifetime dream trip for us. What a disappointing day. :(
What time did you book your boarding group if you don't mind me asking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter