READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been reading and studying this board since ROTR went live. Had a sinking thought yesterday when Disney added MFSR to the Fastpass tier one selections. My thought was this: what if all this prepping (reading, studying, worrying) leads to nothing if they offer FP+ for ROTR and discard the BG's altogether when my family gets there!!! ARRGH! Looking for comfort here....anyone?
I would offer this... because you're on this board, you will almost certainly be among the first to find out if/when ROTR begins offering FP+ being. Many of us here scored FPs for MFSR precisely because we read about it here early enough. That advance knowledge ahead of "the masses" will give you a much better chance of getting one. It will almost certainly mean having to trade another tier 1 FP (SDD or MFSR), but that would be a worthy trade-off IMO.

Now that I am back from WDW this was my experience with getting a boarding group this past Monday MLK Day:

Left Hyatt Grand Cypress at 6:00am in Lyft
Was through security and in park just after 6:30 am
Walked towards Toy Story Land and line was starting to back up at the TSL main entrance but I got close enough to see the Woody sign.
Opened MDE app a few seconds before 7am on a Galaxy 10 using Sprint LTE. Join boarding Group button was gray so opened/ closed/ refreshed app. After 30 seconds or so switched phone to WIFI. refreshed a few more times and buttton to join finally turned red. I got back up group 102 what had to have been right at 7:01. Even though I have been following along here, I was surprised at just how fast the BG's went

Was able to ride TSMM with a 5 minute wait then do AS2 twice in a row with very little wait and use SDD fast pass before 8am then went back to hotel for a nap. Went back to park about 12:45pm as the boarding groups were approaching 100. Was off the ride before 2pm. What an awesome experience. Thanks to all who posted their experiences here. I felt lucky to be able to ride with no breakdowns.

How do you rate the re-rideability of this vs a thrill ride like say Everest.
I don’t know if I would want to ride multiple times a day like I do work Everest cause Everest is a coaster. But it’s def fun each time since you do notice new things each time you ride. But after tomorrow and next Saturday at Disneyland I won’t get to ride again till at least the end of February cause the likelihood of making rope drop at Disneyland on a Saturday is rough for me.

The end of today's story...
My BG 60 was called at 1035. I spent the morning in the land at epcot(two rides,one movie and bfast). It took me 80 minutes to skyliner back. I'm old that's a lot of walking. Ride was down a bit during that time but back up when I arrived. I entered line at 1155. There was a water leak almost to the preshow but they were containing it. I was off the ride at 105. We had a couple of 10 minute stops. Everything i saw Tuesday I saw again. It's still amazing storytelling. I heard a man say it's like you are in a star wars movie. That's the best way to explain it.

I'm off for a nap and returning to epcot around 5 for dinner and some world showcase time. I scored an anytime fp cause land was down! Lol. 0

93 at 1:45! That's pretty good, yes? Man, I sure do hope we can get a couple of days like this in a week or so...

Anybody have a link or somewhere they can point me to see "the chart" for boarding groups. Making my plans for next week!

I would offer this... because you're on this board, you will almost certainly be among the first to find out if/when ROTR begins offering FP+ being. Many of us here scored FPs for MFSR precisely because we read about it here early enough. That advance knowledge ahead of "the masses" will give you a much better chance of getting one. It will almost certainly mean having to trade another tier 1 FP (SDD or MFSR), but that would be a worthy trade-off IMO.
Thank you for this encouragement! Note to self: I am strong. I can do this! I just have to breathe. Breathe. :) I love to plan....absolutely love it! But sometimes I feel Disney plans me, not the other way around. HaHa.

How do you rate the re-rideability of this vs a thrill ride like say Everest.

I love roller coasters and would ride them over and over even without themeing, even in the same day. In comparison, I don't think I would feel the need to do RotR multiple times in the same day, even if it was an option, but if I was there for a full week, I would certainly aim to ride it twice during the trip. I think I'll ride RotR at about the same rate that I ride Flight of Passage or even Jungle Cruise or Spaceship Earth, all of which I ride regularly and look forward to, but I wouldn't see a need to do them back to back - the story doesn't change, and it's not a high-thrill ride exactly, the way a roller coaster is, but it's worth going through more than once just for the experience and to see new things that you missed. I've been on it three times already and I just found out from the spoiler thread that there's still one element that I've missed on all my previous visits, so there's definitely plenty to take in!

Hey, everyone. Word of advice here. Don't get mad in advance!! You have no idea what's going to happen the day you go. Be prepared. Follow this thread. That's all you can do. RotR is a very complex bunch of stuff (that's the technical, nonspoiler term!) and it's still not working 100% of the time. In fact, I don't think there's any ride at WDW that runs 100% of the time.

You can have a FP+ for whatever and that ride may not be working when you get there and that was the only time you had to ride it. Even if they give you an anytime FP+ as compensation, it doesn't matter, because your chance to ride whatever it was is gone. This happens. It stinks, but it happens.

Want to ride the railroad? Too bad. It's closed until Tron construction is finished. I'm not amused by this at all, but I can't make them change things.

Approach this whole RotR BG situation with the attitude that you will get a BG. OK, so maybe you won't. Maybe something will happen and the ride will be down all day and no one will ride or your app won't work or you'll be the first backup BG that doesn't get to ride. But don't start thinking negative stuff now. It's not helpful. To you.

I have spoken. :)

This is the way. :)

I'm one of those people who has a one-time only shot at this ride -- our one day coming up in a couple of weeks, and there's a good chance that we'll never be back to Disney. My three kids and I are huge Star Wars fans -- *huge* -- and I'm tremendously excited. I'm going to do all I can to get us on ROTR. I'm so very appreciative of all the folks who post here, as their knowledge is helping to increase our chances.

But . . . if we don't make it on, we'll be fine. We'll have an amazing day regardless! I'll be disappointed, but not any more upset than I would be if I were hoping to get a hot concert ticket and experienced some kind of tech crash. I've told my family there's no guarantee. Things happen, and sometimes all we can control is our response to those things.

I'm so very appreciative of everyone posting here to help us all increase our chances of riding. It has been a real eye-opener for me to see how much planning can go into Disney, and that helps me to understand why my laidback family and I did not enjoy our one trip to MK several years ago. I can see why ROTR would be frustrating for planner types, and I feel for you. For us, though -- I'm so glad that the ROTR boarding group system is in place, and I'm happy just to have a chance.

Thanks again to all posters, and MTFBWY :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter