READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little confused now. You have to get to park say 45 minutes before opening so you are in park at official opening and then you basically have a lottery to get a boarding group? Is that how it works? And park WiFi doesn’t work as good as cellular?

Don’t understand why they can’t give FP to those who are victims of a breakdown and miss parts of the experience. 🤷‍♀️
I’m guessing because there are too many people that want to ride and if they did this, they couldn’t get enough people through the queue.

I’ve been following this thread since the beginning of the year and I’m very excited for my March trip. I actually love the BG idea and find it to be the most fair way to distribute rides. We are not normally rope droppers but will amend our plans to scan into the park. I think the fact that you have to be scanned in is brilliant. Honestly, even at 60+ days exactly at the time FP+ released, we couldn’t get SDD (which ultimately wouldn’t have mattered with the tiering change but still). I’m hoping BGs stick around for a bit.

Also, I love the chart so to our wonderful chart master @SouthFayetteFan - have a great trip, can’t wait to read your story!

Read every post. So I may have missed this. Can I hold a Fast Pass at another park and still get a Boarding Group #?

A little confused now. You have to get to park say 45 minutes before opening so you are in park at official opening and then you basically have a lottery to get a boarding group? Is that how it works? And park WiFi doesn’t work as good as cellular?
I don't think you have to get the park 45 minutes before opening. 30 minutes should be enough with a bag, or 20 in the no-bag line. (Though I would try for 30 to reduce stress.)

Someone earlier suggested a bag swap to get everyone tapped in if you're running late.

I don't think you have to get the park 45 minutes before opening. 30 minutes should be enough with a bag, or 20 in the no-bag line. (Though I would try for 30 to reduce stress.)

Someone earlier suggested a bag swap to get everyone tapped in if you're running late.

How would that work? If you have a bag, it has to go through the bag search eventually. Perhaps I'm missing the concept...

Well, ride is down. Got here at 5:45 and tons of people lined up already. Got boarding group 40. Got called at 9:30. Went through the entire thing up until you board the ride part and then they told us it was down and gave us a fastpass for later. Bummer because we went through all of it.

Well, ride is down. Got here at 5:45 and tons of people lined up already. Got boarding group 40. Got called at 9:30. Went through the entire thing up until you board the ride part and then they told us it was down and gave us a fastpass for later. Bummer because we went through all of it.
This is what I’m afraid of with BG 80. Guess we’ll keep monitoring it for a bit.

How would that work? If you have a bag, it has to go through the bag search eventually. Perhaps I'm missing the concept...

Assuming you have 2 people with bags.
Person 1 goes through no-bag line while person 2 waits in security line with bags.
Person 1 finished security and taps into the park. Person 1 turns around and exits and meets up with Person 2 in security line. Person 1 takes the bags and proceeds to wait in the security line while Person 2 then goes through the no-bag line and then through to tap into the park. Even if Person 1 isn't through security yet again at park open, they have already tapped into the park that day so they should be eligible to join a BG.

Person 1 goes through no-bag line while person 2 waits in security line with bags.
Person 1 finished security and taps into the park. Person 1 turns around and exits and meets up with Person 2 in security line. Person 1 takes the bags and proceeds to wait in the security line while Person 2 then goes through the no-bag line and then through to tap into the park. Even if Person 1 isn't through security yet again at park open, they have already tapped into the park that day so they should be eligible to join a BG.
This is seriously overcomplicating things.
The park opens 30 to 40 minutes before official park opening time. There's no need to do this if your there at least 15 min before opening.
Even with bag, the check is about 10 min max.

This is seriously overcomplicating things.
The park opens 30 to 40 minutes before official park opening time. There's no need to do this if your there at least 15 min before opening.
Even with bag, the check is about 10 min max.
In the original message above, she suggested doing it if they were running late. Someone else on this thread mentioned doing this when they were running late and had bags...

BG 12 right at 7 (ATT data) going through My Status button. Walked right on to MFSR. Then walked right onto ROTR. Everything appeared to be working and what a great ride.
Awesome. Glad you made it on! Armed with the thousands of posts of experiences here I am feeling good about riding RotR at some point (trying on two days, have hoppers and flexible about plans for both). Curious how early you arrived to walk-on to MFSR as that is my plan for next week?

Even as a desperation move, I wonder if this might cause problems at the tapstiles, especially if they aren’t checking fingerprints.The same person entering the park twice within a couple of minutes could trigger something because it would look the same as two different people trying to use two magic bands of the same person to enter the park.

Even as a desperation move, I wonder if this might cause problems at the tapstiles, especially if they aren’t checking fingerprints.The same person entering the park twice within a couple of minutes could trigger something because it would look the same as two different people trying to use two magic bands of the same person to enter the park.
I think that is more of a DLR issue. I have not seen any reports of WDW guests being challenged for leaving and quickly re-entering a park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter