READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome. Glad you made it on! Armed with the thousands of posts of experiences here I am feeling good about riding RotR at some point (trying on two days, have hoppers and flexible about plans for both). Curious how early you arrived to walk-on to MFSR as that is my plan for next week?
I got to the park around 6:05, through turnstiles by 6:15, walked as far as we could get (in front of Backlot Express) around 6:25 and waited there. Once 7am came around, we got a BG then walked pretty much nonstop following the crowd to MFSR - getting on the ride around 7:45. Everything moved very smoothly this morning!

Think of it this way: There are already a TON of images of Galaxy's Edge on Google images. You can look at those anytime you want. But only YOU can capture and save your memory of the actual experience! And THAT is way more priceless than any snapshot, souvenir, etc.

Thank you. My mom kept bugging me to take photos while we were walking in (she doesn’t care about Star Wars, just thought I should be taking pictures) and I just wanted to ENJOY it. It’s a lovely experience and plenty of better photographers than me have taken better pics.

I think that is more of a DLR issue. I have not seen any reports of WDW guests being challenged for leaving and quickly re-entering a park.

As long as they’re scanning fingers it shouldn’t be a problem. I would wonder if they have some extra test in place when they aren’t checking fingers. Something that prevents the same ticket from being used twice in a certain amount of tIme, kind of like preventing a refill cup from being used twice in a certain amount of time.

Even as a desperation move, I wonder if this might cause problems at the tapstiles, especially if they aren’t checking fingerprints.The same person entering the park twice within a couple of minutes could trigger something because it would look the same as two different people trying to use two magic bands of the same person to enter the park.

If I was desperate because of time constraints so had to do this (tag teaming at bag check/security) and unsure if it would all work out (tapping in twice into the park so close to each other), if I were the person that first tapped in and came back out to let my partner then tap in...I would just wait until after BG were released and we secured our BG number to go through security/tap in that 2nd time. I mean, if in this scenario you're doing it because it's very close to park open...you won't have to wait long for BG to go live and you are no where close to the front of any rope-drop crowds so waiting 5 minutes won't cost you anything.

If I was desperate because of time constraints so had to do this (tag teaming at bag check/security) and unsure if it would all work out (tapping in twice into the park so close to each other), if I were the person that first tapped in and came back out to let my partner then tap in...I would just wait until after BG were released and we secured our BG number to go through security/tap in that 2nd time. I mean, if in this scenario you're doing it because it's very close to park open...you won't have to wait long for BG to go live and you are no where close to the front of any rope-drop crowds so waiting 5 minutes won't cost you anything.
Good point. Wait outside until you join then try and enter

My family of 5 will be at HS in a few weeks. Had a few questions.
1. Right now opening time still says 9:00am. Do you think this will be moved up to 7:00?
2. We plan on getting to park about an hour before opening. Is it much quicker to go through no bag line or is it just so crowded it doesn’t matter.
3. I’ve heard their are cast members that can help you book a boarding group.Is this quicker than trying on your phone?
4. Once you’re all in park can you book immediately or does it take a few minutes for the system to realize you’re in the park.

any help is appreciated

I am a little confused about how to do multiple people trying at the same time. I have an account, my son was added (I usually manage the trips). Not sure he even has a separate account? If we both want to try, does he need to get his own account and add me, or does he just need to log in to the app with my credentials (so we both would be logged in with the same credentials) and we both try at once?

I am a little confused about how to do multiple people trying at the same time. I have an account, my son was added (I usually manage the trips). Not sure he even has a separate account? If we both want to try, does he need to get his own account and add me, or does he just need to log in to the app with my credentials (so we both would be logged in with the same credentials) and we both try at once?
You both log on to the same account.

My family of 5 will be at HS in a few weeks. Had a few questions.
1. Right now opening time still says 9:00am. Do you think this will be moved up to 7:00?
2. We plan on getting to park about an hour before opening. Is it much quicker to go through no bag line or is it just so crowded it doesn’t matter.
3. I’ve heard their are cast members that can help you book a boarding group.Is this quicker than trying on your phone?
4. Once you’re all in park can you book immediately or does it take a few minutes for the system to realize you’re in the park.

any help is appreciated
1. What’s your date? February openings just changed to 8am.
2. If you arrive an hour early it should be fine either way
3. No
4. Should be immediate but see a CM if you have trouble

What happens to people that do not have smartphones? Do they just not get to ride? I actually know a few people like this, that still use dumb phones only.

What happens to people that do not have smartphones? Do they just not get to ride? I actually know a few people like this, that still use dumb phones only.
They have to go to the GET umbrellas but those don’t open till like 1 or 2 minutes after the park officially opens.

They have to go to the GET umbrellas but those don’t open till like 1 or 2 minutes after the park officially opens.
Just to add GET Guest Experience Team. They are located through out the park with blue shirts under blue umbrellas. You can find them at the end of Hollywood Blvd, close to the entrance to ToT, close to the entrance of TSLand and on Grand Av

I think it's just a little disheartening that they're running out of main BG's in a minute or less, especially when they were lasting longer during busier times
Just throwing out a guess, maybe lots of reasons, perhaps the stress was too much for part of the ride and it broke. They may be experimenting with making the parts of the ride more durable for the larger summer crowds. Its seems from alot of the data trouble began this week, following the busy MLK week where BG were working overtime.

I never knew about the GET and the umbrellas! TIL
they came out last year to help Guest Relations take some of the guests in with problems with MB/FP problems, helping people search for dinning reservations, answering general questions. Mostly it is to help people without a phone

Can someone please explain RD at Hollywood Studios. How far into the park do they let you go? Are there three different RD locations: Galaxy Edge, Toy Story Land, Sunset Blvd? Just do not know what to expect

Can someone please explain RD at Hollywood Studios. How far into the park do they let you go? Are there three different RD locations: Galaxy Edge, Toy Story Land, Sunset Blvd? Just do not know what to expect
Opening operations depends on many factors and each team in the morning makes the decision on how far to take people
If it's crowded they go all the way to Grand Ave, entrance to TSLand and Sunset. If the crowds are not bad they go up to center stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter