READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
the official info is your return time will be 1 or 2 hours and you will find out when your BG is called
Thank you....continued reading after I asked my question. Oops! Saw that you and others answered this very ? pages beyond my initial reading. Catching up now! ha!

This whole process is so crazy making. I have to rush to get an early bus. I have to hope I'm not too far back in line and don't get held up at the turn styles because something isn't working right or someone in the bag line has lots of stuff. Then....I have to log onto the site as quickly as I can and hope I can get on, and there are no glitches with my app, then....hopefully I can secure a boarding pass. After all this, I have to hope the ride doesn't break down, and hopefully I can ride that day. My heart is racing just thinking about it!

I mean as long as you're not arriving 5 minutes before opening time, you'll get in. Once they open the gates, it's very quick moving. People have even reported getting there 15 minutes before with zero wait at security or the tapstiles

Based on wait times I think yesterday may have been busier. It was crowded yesterday in general. I tried to hop over to the Epcot right before my boarding group got called and the security lines at IG were at least 20 people deep. AK was also super crowded, almost a 3 hour wait for Everest around 5pm and Safari was 2 hours.
Wait times at all the parks were very very high yesterday.

This whole process is so crazy making. I have to rush to get an early bus. I have to hope I'm not too far back in line and don't get held up at the turn styles because something isn't working right or someone in the bag line has lots of stuff. Then....I have to log onto the site as quickly as I can and hope I can get on, and there are no glitches with my app, then....hopefully I can secure a boarding pass. After all this, I have to hope the ride doesn't break down, and hopefully I can ride that day. My heart is racing just thinking about it!
I feel I say this once a day in the thread and, again, not negating anyone feeling their feelings. This is the only method that works right now to experience the ride. And it's not Disney's ideal scenario
The alternative:
1) not have the attraction open at all until they figure out how to get it to work more efficiently (which they've been doing for over a year now and still haven't figured it out)
2) open standby and have people lining up for hours without knowing if or when they will ride and not being to experience anything else in the parks
3) offering fp. The app crashing daily at 7am and having most people not be able to get a fp. Increasing wait times and uncertainty of the standby line

IF you want to experience the attraction right now just be at the park before opening, join a bg at opening and you will have a 99% chance of riding same day

We fly in tomorrow. Cab is booked for Tuesday 550am. We get a second try on Wednesday but have lightsaber and Olga's reservation that day as well.

Thanks all for posting. We are confident we will ride at least once and I will report!

May the odds the ever in your favor!

Quick question for IOS App usesrs. When you say “refresh the app” do you mean go back one screen and hit “find out more again”? Heading to WDW in 3 days!

the official info is your return time will be 1 or 2 hours and you will find out when your BG is called
I don't anticipate being personally affected too drastically by a 1 hour return instead of 2 hours. But there were a lot of early reports of people going back to their hotels (or even driving home) to wait for their return notification. I imagine a 1 hour return would put quite a damper on being able to do that for a lot of people. They will be more "locked in" to remain in the park.

But I agree that for early BGs, it makes sense to get them through as early as possible, so they're not arriving at the same time as the folks who show up immediately for later BGs. I imagine there will always be some overlap, but having people wait another hour to show up who could have already ridden would likely increase the number of people showing up later.

I feel I say this once a day in the thread and, again, not negating anyone feeling their feelings. This is the only method that works right now to experience the ride. And it's not Disney's ideal scenario
The alternative:
1) not have the attraction open at all until they figure out how to get it to work more efficiently (which they've been doing for over a year now and still haven't figured it out)
2) open standby and have people lining up for hours without knowing if or when they will ride and not being to experience anything else in the parks
3) offering fp. The app crashing daily at 7am and having most people not be able to get a fp. Increasing wait times and uncertainty of the standby line

IF you want to experience the attraction right now just be at the park before opening, join a bg at opening and you will have a 99% chance of riding same day
It feels frustrating when you're trying to plan your trip but you're absolutely right! It's not nearly as bad as it seems. Show up before opening. That's what we can control and it gives us 99% chance to ride that day.

If you want to be closer to 100% chance, plan a back-up day. It's pretty much guaranteed at that point.

Can't help but suspect that this move - Disney introducing 1 hour window returns is simply a precursor to FP+ replacing BG's in the future.

I wondered that too, if they’re testing the waters to see how this performs with a 1 hour window.

I think we’ve still got a ways to go though. If the 1 hour thing seems to only happen first thing in the morning, I hope they keep holding off with FP.

I think the 1 hour is ridiculous while the ride continues to break down so often. 1 hour for other rides that break down once in a while instead of multiple times daily is a completely different animal.

I think the 1 hour is ridiculous while the ride continues to break down so often. 1 hour for other rides that break down once in a while instead of multiple times daily is a completely different animal.
we are all following everyone's reports. It seems like people called the first hour got the 1 hour return time, everyone else, so far today, has gotten 2 hours

we are all following everyone's reports. It seems like people called the first hour got the 1 hour return time, everyone else, so far today, has gotten 2 hours
It will be interesting to see if they keep calling until 7 and go back to the 1 hour. Since you can monitor the BGs all day on the app, I think this is still manageable for park hopping unless you get an early BG.

BG 67 called at 248.scanned at 249. Off at 334. There was one part in B mode but it didn't take away from the experience.
I kinda hoped for a b mode on one of my rides this week just to see it. Have yet to have b mode for any part after 9 rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter