• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d try both.

I know an Instagrammer I follow was having trouble getting I think an Uber from the GF yesterday morning and the bus ended up coming before one finally arrived for them.
We had to wait 20 minutes for an Uber from AKL, and that was back in December when this thing wasn't quite so insane. Also, the buses weren't running that early back then, so we had to take a cab or rideshare.

Another question I had is how successful people with large groups have been? We will be going with a group of 6. Anyone have experience getting an early group with a large party? I know that gives us 6 users all trying to get an early BG, but also means having to grab a BG with 6 open slots..
we have had reports here from large groups that joined without a problem

Just an FYI for anyone going in February - while they had changed the park hours for DHS to opening an hour earlier last week they only just today added FP for Slinky Dog, etc. to that extra hour - I was able to get a SDD FP for 8:50am

This way now I can rope drop MFSR rather than that ride - so thought this might be relevant to other people here planning their Rope Drop strategy for DHS

The new DHS opening hours posted for February are a bummer for me. I am coming to FL for work and taking the first flight down on my travel day to visit the parks. I will arrive at DHS around 9:30am. When the opening time was 9:00 I had a chance of getting a backup BG, but with the park opening at 8:00 it's probably not going to happen.
It's iffy but I'd imagine your best odds would be one of the less crowded days that's midweek and not around a holiday. What day are you going?

Just an FYI for anyone going in February - while they had changed the park hours for DHS to opening an hour earlier last week they only just today added FP for Slinky Dog, etc. to that extra hour - I was able to get a SDD FP for 8:50am

This way now I can rope drop MFSR rather than that ride - so thought this might be relevant to other people here planning their Rope Drop strategy for DHS

Just this morning, I scored a SDD for 8:35am for our party of 15 on 2/5. I've been obsessively watching MDE for an opening on it and finally got it today!

Lol! It takes me 15 seconds on my iPhone SE at home in good WiFi and/or data to reopen the app. Although I was able to get my son BG 29 when I helped from home a few weeks ago. Thanks for the timing tip!

Can you explain this to me? Did you get a boarding group for your son from your MDE at home? Or were you logged in to his account?

My FIL doesn't have a smart phone and I'm wondering if there is a way to help him get on the ride. He goes solo a few times a year.

Can you explain this to me? Did you get a boarding group for your son from your MDE at home? Or were you logged in to his account?

My FIL doesn't have a smart phone and I'm wondering if there is a way to help him get on the ride. He goes solo a few times a year.
you need the log in info of the person at the park or if you manage their plans you can do it directly on your MDE
from home you just log in as usual and at opening select only the people that are inside the park and click join bg

Thanks for the heads up. I was finally able to move mine to a time that didn't conflict with my Oga's reservation.

Thank you! I had a SDD FP for early evening, and I was just able swap for a 9:35 am FP for 2/4. Works so much better!

Sayhello

you need the log in info of the person at the park or if you manage their plans you can do it directly on your MDE
from home you just log in as usual and at opening select only the people that are inside the park and click join bg

This is great info. Thanks for that. Now I just have to decide if I like him enough to help him with this next trip. Haha!

My DD20 and I will be there for her spring break in March. I rode 2x on opening day, but she wasn't with us for that trip. I'm a bit worried about March since TP is showing 10's for our days. I've got two mornings to try for a BG. One day I have FP+ scheduled for DHS and the second day I have afternoon FP+ at Epcot. The schedule is still showing 9am openings, but I'm hopeful that will change once we get closer.

The other unknown is MMRR. We are going to want to try to ride that too. I'll be watching this thread closely for the next 6 weeks.

I see a lot of talk about people deleting folks from MDE. My grown kids are still linked to my account. They've never had their own accounts. They usually only go to Disney with me but I don't know if that will change. What does removing them do? What if I want to add them back in later? It's really not a big deal for me to find who I need, I've practiced at home.

Removing them and anyone else not going with you to HS when you are trying to get a boarding group saves you a few seconds when selecting the people for your boarding group. Some people had a very long list of family/friends and so deleted some people. If your list is really short, I wouldn’t worry about it. Deleting them just means you can’t make any plans for them. If there are any partially used tickets or used annual passes assigned to them, you can’t delete them. If there is any unused admission, you have to transfer it to someone else before they can be deleted. If you delete them and go on a trip together again, you either have to add them again or they could make their own accounts and request to be friends before any plans can be made together.

I noticed someone saying they had one hour for RoTR (but it's possible an hour had already gone by). Just wanted to confirm, is the two hour window still in place to return to ride?

I noticed someone saying they had one hour for RoTR (but it's possible an hour had already gone by). Just wanted to confirm, is the two hour window still in place to return to ride?

For some. Just have to see when your BG is cslled. It seems so far early morning ones are one hour

Was probably me! With a man bundled up in a hoodie? Haha my husband is so cold this morning.
I'm worried I'm going to freeze this weekend! I'm BatuuBounding and I don't want to wear a hoodie over my outfit/carry one around all day when it's going to warm up to the 70s....but I'm afraid I'll be a popsicle in the morning if I don't.
Seems the crowds are light today. ToT and RnR wait time 30-40 minutes
I know it won't be the same on the weekend, but nice to hear!

If I arrive at DHS 10 minutes before park opening, I would have thought I would be a long way back from the tapstiles? Am I missing something? Otherwise why are people going to the park at 5am? for a 7am opening? Maybe I am misunderstanding the procedure.

Sorry. I was a bit vague. If you have no plans to RD any rides at DHS (or you already have FPs), then you just need to be through the tapstiles about 10 minutes before park opening (to be safe). However much time you need/want to allocate getting to the park and getting through security is up to you and your comfort zone. If you want to RD any of the popular DHS rides, then you do need to be there pretty early before park opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter