• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not ROTR, but would anyone who’s there today mind swinging by the Droid Depot & asking about the Spira “coins”? I had my heart set on buying one on Saturday but apparently they’re gone/discontinued now? :(((
Sorry to report, just stopped in Droid Depot and they confirmed that they no longer have the Spira coins.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :sad:

I guess I'll have to go on eBay tonight and pay too much for one.

Back on topic... I practiced getting a BG for the first time this morning. I'm going to try my wife's phone tomorrow and see if it fares better. Mine seemed to take forever to load the app and on at least one occasion, the screen froze! 😲

When your screen freezes while trying to get a ROTR BG:

It was pretty exciting, though, getting through the steps up until the "not so fast" warning that some (all) of us weren't in the park. Am I the only one ridiculous enough to be training with a stopwatch to improve my time by 1-2 seconds????

So just showing up at Oga's after rez time and saying I was stuck on RoTR? Never mind. As I think this through, it's just best if I talk to GET if its an issue. I'm not willing to gamble on assumptions. (and I can't figure out how to delete my reply!)
Definitely talk to them if that happens. I don't know how many are in your group, but as a solo traveler, I've never actually had an ADR for Oga's. So if you're a small group they'll probably just squeeze you in. Talking to them will make sure you don't accidentally get charged as a no-show, though.

Another website is reporting only 1 hour call backs this AM. Anyone confirm?
We had several reports of that this morning, just read a few pages back.
The one hour is not being enforced though, as long as you get there 2 hours after call time your fine

I am sorry, but I am confused. Is it a 1 hour window now or still the 2 hour window? Thanks!

Yeah, sorry - 1 for the mornings was what I was hearing (which is why I was concerned for my breakfast at Oga's at 7:35). I didn't know they were allowing returns anyway up to 2 hrs. I'll work it out with GET I'm sure if it's an issue. I hope it is! That will mean I got an early BG!! Come on BG3-10!!

both

oh, more explanation ... it can be either 1 hour or 2 hours at this point. It appears that the very first groups are only 1 hour to encourage peopel to fill up the queue faster rather than waiting to the end of a 2 hour window and then also at the end of the day to space out return times more. mid-day is still 2 hours. You find out when you are notified your BG has been called

That makes a lot of sense why they are mixing it. I imagine most people who get an early BG are also doing RD for short lines and would get in a many "quick" rides as possible before using a guaranteed BG entry 1hr 58min later ;-) Disney probably learned the hard way that they were wasting morning capacity or creating a bottle neck ~1.5-2hrs after ride open. I would love to know the results of their 1hr experiment. I'd actually be interested to see a study of the BG concept as a whole in comparison to other formats. There's a lot to love here vs. FP and certainly vs. standing in a general line. But for the "planners" it's also nerve wracking to have the big unknown in your day that you can't plan around. So you have all these contingencies depending on the BG you get (or don't get).

Does Disney keep us dangling on the line about BG procedures and times just because they want to be agile with making changes, or is it to build hype I wonder?

Sort of OT but it will likely impact you if you're visiting SWGE on Monday. The Superbowl mvp will be visiting the land around 11am to do some media, filming or just pictures. It might affect operations in the land, just a heads up
More OT, is this in addition to or replacing the typical champions parade in MK?

I knew there were 1 hour call backs this AM but I didn't know it was only 1 hour callbacks today. Stinks.

Sort of OT but it will likely impact you if you're visiting SWGE on Monday. The Superbowl mvp will be visiting the land around 11am to do some media, filming or just pictures. It might affect operations in the land, just a heads up

Thanks for the heads up! Sort of a bummer since that's the day we will be there, but we'll just go with the flow and see what happens. (Not a big sports fan here lol)

9:25 still BKUP BG.....

I will be in this exact scenario Tuesday. How crowded was the bus?

When we got to the stop, there was one family ahead of us. By the time the bus arrived, there was a fairly long line, but everyone fit on the bus with a couple people standing.

Do you think they would close the land? I have an Oga’s shortly before that.

If you had absolutely no idea what to expect, I don’t think you’d realize you saw the B mode effect. Think of it this way, how many people ride Expedition Everest with no idea what that yeti was actually designed to do?

I am questioning my Disney Card. What do I not know about Everest and the yeti? Everest has a "B" mode?

the first day is Tuesday the 4th. Never too late for them to move hours
I'm a little bit nervous about this. The 4th is my only day in DHS. So, of course, I'm going in semi-blind, since it's the first day with an 8am opening. Nothing to do about it now but see how it goes!
OK, up until now, I was kind of wishing I'd done DHS on Monday & AK on Tuesday, because of the 7am vs 8am opening, but now I'm pretty glad I did Tuesday for DHS.

Sayhello

I am questioning my Disney Card. What do I not know about Everest and the yeti? Everest has a "B" mode?
She's always in B mode now... Originally Yeti was lots more lively.

That's one thing that scares me, Rise having all this down time... I hope they don't permanently change it before I can get there to see it! Practicing from home is as close as I can get... sorry OT.

I see some people taking about parts of the experience being down and getting the “B” version. Without spoilers...if you’ve never been on before, how would you know? If I get the B, I’d like to know so I can try again another day and experience the full thing. But if I get the complete experience, I’m cool not going through this BG chaos again for a while. When you board, do they tell you you’re getting a limited experience (that doesn’t seem likely)? Or is it just chatter in the streets of multi-riders after the fact.
We had the "A" version on Saturday (our first ride) and the next day was the "B" (Sunday). To be honest, I was so excited to be on the ride, I didn't even notice the difference immediately, DD13 pointed it out. Both modes were a great experience!

Back from 5 days in Disney. We did ROTR on Sunday 1/26. Arrived at the park around 5:40am (via Lyft) and the crowd wasn't too bad. I'd say it was halfway between the turnstiles and security. They let us into the park around 6:20, and you could either go towards GE or TSL. We chose TSL and were held just outside the entrance. At about 6:58, we opened the app and hit "Find Out More" at 7am on the dot. We got group 28.

We immediately went to Slinky once the park officially opened and were on and off by about 7:20. After that, we noticed they were flying through the BGs until it was stopped on 27 for a loooong time because the ride was down. Once we were called, we headed over and the ride was down again. We then headed to use our FP+ for Beauty and the Beast and of course, as it was about to start, the ride went up again.

We decided to watch the show and then head over and got in the line just after 12. We were in line for about 30-40 minutes when they announced that the ride was down again. After about another 20-25 minutes of downtime (and water, chips, and bananas), we finally rode the ride.

My sister was with us (who had ridden previously) and told us that one part was missing but had she not told us, we would never have noticed. Definitely worth the wait and the early wake-up time!

Stuck on 71 for a while now. Range currently is 70 - 71, so looks like it's down.

Sayhello

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter