READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered mine as early as I could without timing not being ready. They got there a little faster than the app said so at least I was all good! I’ve had that happen frequently in the mornings though, especially at home when trying to go to the airport. It’s no good!
Yeah, earlier is definitely better. Once the drivers start hitting the traffic backup at DHS subsequent pickups are delayed.

My problem is that I was traveling with a teenager who doesn't really even care about Star Wars. So we negotiated a 5:45 alarm and were out in front of Pop at 6. That's a good as it was going to get for us.

Sadly even people on property have been saying ride share is the best way to get to DHS, if you can’t walk. :/
Unfortunately that’s not a real option unless we pony up for Minnie Van. There are 6 of us and our kids are 7 and 5, so our daughter at a minimum needs a car seat (she’s also small for her age).
It’s also ridiculous that this should be the case. If the parks are opening, there should be transportation to them from all the resorts. We’re staying at Riviera partially for the proximity to Epcot and DHS. It’s not like we were trying to get there 60-90 minutes before opening. We were unable to get there before the park opened, period.

My advice on those using Disney transport would be to make sure you are at the stop (be it boat or bus or tiny mole) by 5:45. I noticed on our one day walking from YC that if you caught the boat around 6am you were good but if you missed one of those first 2 boats you needed to walk because otherwise you weren't going to safely make it before park open. It also seems like there have been some reports that a 6am bus comes and then it takes a long time for another bus to come. YMMV on this, but that would be my advice.

I'm sorry @Anthony Vito about your bad luck with the buses today. Hopefully they get through a ton of BGs and it works out for you!

Interesting pattern on The Chart for # of Backup BG's called being Zero.

It has happened five times:

1) Friday, January 3
2) the next Wednesday, January 8

3) Friday, two weeks later, January 17
4) the next Wenesday, January 22

5) Friday, two weeks later, January 31

Hmmm.... Does this mean that next Wednesday would be a good day to avoid?

Probably not. Probably all mere coincidence, but just thought it was interesting when I noticed that Fridays tend to be rough days for RotR.

1) Friday, January 3

Probably not. Probably all mere coincidence, but just thought it was interesting when I noticed that Fridays tend to be rough days for RotR.

that is very interesting! I am glad I am going Tuesday but also nervous about experiencing the first 8am opening. That will give them an extra morning hour to get it going good (hopefully but maybe they will start it up later so idk). But the crowds coming later make me nervous. Oh well it’s gonna be an adventure whether or not we ride.

Unfortunately that’s not a real option unless we pony up for Minnie Van. There are 6 of us and our kids are 7 and 5, so our daughter at a minimum needs a car seat (she’s also small for her age).
It’s also ridiculous that this should be the case. If the parks are opening, there should be transportation to them from all the resorts. We’re staying at Riviera partially for the proximity to Epcot and DHS. It’s not like we were trying to get there 60-90 minutes before opening. We were unable to get there before the park opened, period.
You’re not wrong. I don’t know why they don’t have more busses or the skyliner running. I’ve talked to many people who went through the same thing you did.

1) Friday, January 3

Very interesting. I am scheduled to go on a Tuesday, so I’m obviously all set!😉

Nothing new here, but this is an operations reminder posted on the HUB (internal CM site) alluding to the new park hours

Beginning Feb. 4, the published park opening time will be 8 a.m. Up-to-date operating hours are available in the My Disney Experience app as well as the park Times Guide and resort in-room TV.
  • At the park published opening time, the virtual queue for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opens along with offerings throughout the rest of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. As they do now, Guests must have entered Disney’s Hollywood Studios to access virtual queue in the My Disney Experience app.
  • All Guests, including those using the Disability Access Service (DAS), must join a boarding group in the virtual queue to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. When their boarding group is called, Guests will be given a specific window of time of either one or two hours to return through the My Disney Experience app. Upon arriving at Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, Guests with a DAS should present their credential to a Cast Member and they will be directed to the entrance.
  • Guests must link their tickets and party together in the app as well as be inside the park in order to enroll everyone in the virtual queue at the same time.

I’ve now had three separate groups of people tell me that your boarding group. Umber is based on when you enter the park in the morning even thought the groups don’t open til when the parks open. So if you enter five minutes before park opening you will get a later boarding group than someone who enters an hour before park opening, even though you both are trying for a boarding group in the park at the same time. That’s not how I’ve read this thread.
Am I missing something?

I’ve now had three separate groups of people tell me that your boarding group. Umber is based on when you enter the park in the morning even thought the groups don’t open til when the parks open. So if you enter five minutes before park opening you will get a later boarding group than someone who enters an hour before park opening, even though you both are trying for a boarding group in the park at the same time. That’s not how I’ve read this thread.
Am I missing something?

Ya that's not true at all.

Am I missing something?

The only reason to enter at the front of the pack is rope dropping other attractions (or Starbucks 🙃). Otherwise it’s fastest fingers/phone, whether you got through the gates 5 minutes or 45 minutes before opening.

Maybe those people are confusing the time at the beginning when you were able to join a BG as soon as you entered.

Would love to know why the first group has slowly dropped from starting at 10-13 down to now 2.
I'm guessing that has to do with ratcheting down the number of guaranteed groups. Less guaranteed groups, less recovery the next day.
Reducing the number of guaranteed BGs at the upper end results in less recovery, but I think the PP's question was about the lowest number assigned to the first BG of the day.

Initially, there was no BG 1-9, they were starting around 10 or so (maybe 12-13ish?) as the first BG of the day. They've been gradually assigning a lower number as the first BG of the day.

I would speculate that they started with BG 10 or whatever, so they didn't create the expectation of riding immediately. If someone got a BG in single digits (especially #1), they would reasonably expect that they should be called right away.

If the first BG number is #13, for example, people would assume that it will be a while until they get to that number. That provided a little wiggle room to get the ride up and running in the morning. When the first group was called, people didn't feel as "delayed" as they would if BG #1 or #2 wasn't called for an hour. They would assume that BG 1-12 did exist and that it just took that long to get to #13.

As the ride gets more reliable (especially getting started in the am), they may be feeling more confident with using a lower number to label the first one of the day.

No, that’s 4 seconds before 7, not minutes.
Original post stated “launched at 6:55:56” , which I rounded up to the closest minute. Sorry for any confusion!
OP's post reflected 4 minutes and 4 seconds early. I'm guessing it was a typo and they meant 6:59:56 which would be 4 seconds early. That would track with what others have reported as a good time to launch the app.

Alternatively, maybe OP meant they launched the app and refreshed for 4 minutes until BGs opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter