• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I;ve been told that it's a minute
Again, getting a low number backup bg is not the end of the world and you will still ride.

I know you say that a lot (the back up groups) and it’s true a lot of the time, but there’s been more days than I’m personally comfortable with having poor reliability leading to back up groups not getting called or very slow movement through groups making for a very long day if you’ve got a later one.

Is it the end of the world? Of course not. Is it a big deal to want to gather all the info before going? Don’t think so.

Maybe the bg opened 20 seconds earlier? the new procedure is for them to be live for 1 min before it switches to backups

I don’t think it opened 20 seconds early. The past couple of days I’ve been trying from home (even though trip is not until June) and it’s opened up on time and been on backups within 40 seconds. This morning I also had the issue with not all members of my party showing up- I was the one left off. I have not yet updated my app and still had that issue this morning. First time I’ve seen it.

I;ve been told that it's a minute
Again, getting a low number backup bg is not the end of the world and you will still ride.
In most cases yes, you will ride but you have to be willing to
1. Stay in the park until your BG is called, whenever that may be, and be willing and able to shift any in park plans to accommodate that time.
or
2. Drop whatever other plans you may have had and run when your BG is called
From a planning standpoint for someone who might get down once a year at most, the whole system is less than ideal to say the least. It really stinks to have a set window of time to plan around that you literally have no idea about until you start your day. Having all the info for the best shot I can get at getting a guaranteed boarding group is important for me as well.

I already posted this, but it directly answers your question. The GET CM at a blue umbrella in MK helped me cancel an ADR at Trails End, the restaurant at Fort Wilderness, because my BG was being called at the same time.
Thank you. I was wondering if restaurants outside DHS were flexible in allowing you to show up more than the typical 10-15 minute grace period. The pp said they were late to their Sci Fi ressie and were still seated. If not, no big deal, I’ll just cancel. There isn’t an ADR that I must do. The two days we could do a BG, we have a Cali Grill ADR (the only restaurant we have done I think every trip or almost every trip) and a Teppan Edo (new to us, DD is going through a strong teppanyaki phase). Just wondering about what experiences guests are having when arriving late to restaurants outside DHS due to BGs.

Edit to add:
My question also applies to FPs in other parks. If you are late, due to BGs will they still allow you to ride?

Last edited:
It wasn’t open 20 seconds early on my test this morning either. I opened the app about 30 seconds early but didn’t hit “Find Out More” until the clock hit 8:00 exactly. The button was not red then so I hit “My Status” and the button there was active.

Maybe the bg opened 20 seconds earlier? the new procedure is for them to be live for 1 min before it switches to backups
I was there yesterday, and got BG 2 loading the app at 7:59:55 (Galaxy S10, Android latest version, AT&T cell data, app version 5.7). If they are using a fixed time cutoff, I think either they've shrunk the time period, or the cell networks' times are out of sync.

We are in line now. Got boarding group 6. Have been standing in same place for at least 15 minutes. CM said ride was down earlier but all back up now. I’m wondering if it went back down.

And just made an announcement that it went back down. Don’t know what to do with my kids. It is freezing where we are standing.

We are in line now. Got boarding group 6. Have been standing in same place for at least 15 minutes. CM said ride was down earlier but all back up now. I’m wondering if it went back down.

And just made an announcement that it went back down. Don’t know what to do with my kids. It is freezing where we are standing.
They are handing out water and chips. Has to be a bad sign. How long does it have to be be down until they clear the queue?

Line has definitely not moved in a while, but they haven't evacuated. Not sure if that's a good it's bad thing. Hope the Droid Depot is forgiving.

Even worse sign. How long do they make us wait til letting us get a “come back anytime” pass?
We won’t make it much longer. Three kids — 6, 6 and 9. And one not amused husband who can’t see any ride being worth another hour wait.
Brought Chewy out and five minutes later are saying ride is starting back up! But, we haven’t moved yet . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter