READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my iPad on home wifi hit Find Out More right at 8 then MyStatus. Button was lit and hit Join. Took 5 seconds tops. Tried it four times before it went to backup group.

You and I did basically the exact same thing - hopefully this method also works when in the parks next month (assuming the process remains as is haha).

I’ve had the same luck practicing on my good old WiFi at home, but not with just cell data. That’s when things go wrong. And as the WiFi in the park is supposed to be crap, I’m nervous. iPhone 7, update 5.8.

Group 14! I already had the app open before the announcement and I started switching back and forth to the home page while the announcement was played. And the group next to me (who the CM told to have only one person trying) got 35, so I don't feel too bad about not correcting them, since they got a good number anyway. :P

Strange question. If I scan into the park then have my brother back home using my MDE account on his device get me a BG can I then use my device in the park to get on the ride? The idea being that doing it from home on iPad seems to work super fast and since I’m from Canada I would have to use their slow wifi.

The middle ground to this is to take a shot at getting a BG but not letting what you get or don’t get dictate your whole day. As others have said, DHS is extremely crowded now immediately at park opening, so to do any of the major rides in the morning you need a FP or you’ll be facing a long line. With the opening of the Mickey RR ride and the new tiering you should be able to get 3 good morning FPs If you book them as soon as your window opens.

Whether or not to get up early enough to participate in the ROTR lottery is obviously a personal decision. But you can reduce the craziness and stress by getting 3 morning FPs, arriving at the park 30 minutes or less before official opening, and moving to a relatively quiet corner to try to get a BG. Instead of joining a horde going to one of the most popular attractions, you could make your first stop something like Star Tours or the Alien Saucers that doesn’t get a huge line right away.

If you get a low BG number and the ride is operating well, you might be able to fit ROTR around your other FPs and Oga’s reservation. If you don’t get a BG that fits your plans, just skip it. If you approach getting on ROTR as a possible bonus instead of something that is going to make or break your day, you might not feel too stressed about it. Just enjoy the spectacle and accept the results.

I actually already booked my FP and they’re all in the afternoon. And we weren’t necessarily trying to rope drop any major ride which also seems insane. The only reason we’d need to get there at opening would be to get a BG so if we decide to skip we’d get there later.

Strange question. If I scan into the park then have my brother back home using my MDE account on his device get me a BG can I then use my device in the park to get on the ride? The idea being that doing it from home on iPad seems to work super fast and since I’m from Canada I would have to use their slow wifi.
Yeah, others are doing this (trying to get a BG and also having friends at home try at the same time with their account).

Yes you can

Very bummed - we didnt get on yesterday with a boarding pass of 81, and since we are only here for two days, we figured we would try again today.

We got up early, got into the park 30 minutes before opening, constantly checked the internet speed on sunset blvd, and when the time came, my app opened perfectly! Except, my app was saying that my dad wasnt in the park.

My dads phone got 111. We're going home today at 6pm.

VERY bummed.

Very bummed - we didnt get on yesterday with a boarding pass of 81, and since we are only here for two days, we figured we would try again today.

We got up early, got into the park 30 minutes before opening, constantly checked the internet speed on sunset blvd, and when the time came, my app opened perfectly! Except, my app was saying that my dad wasnt in the park.

VERY bummed.
Please go and try to speak to someone in the park before you give up completely and relay your experience yesterday. Good luck! :goodvibes

VERY bummed.

I would go talk to GET cast member. No guarantees, but if you explain what happened, they may be able to spread some picture dust. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter