READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well so today didn’t go as planned. We were BG 88, everything had ridiculous waits so we rode the skyliner to Riviera and had a drink there. Then went to Epcot and had a drink in Mexico. After wasting a bunch of time our BG was finally called around 3:30ish. Got through the queue and halfway through the ride and then it died. Womp, womp, womp. We got GET to give us a FP which we will use on Thursday. Hopefully it goes better.

Why didn't you just go later that evening? It looks like the ride went back up

If this makes sense, but what happens to the 2nd person's App when 2 people try to get Boarding Groups and the 1st one succeeds at getting both of them passes? Does the 2nd persons App just say they already have a Group assigned or something like that so they can stop trying? I'm thinking more about what happens when your help from home scores a Boarding Group for you, will you know it right away or vice versa?

If this makes sense, but what happens to the 2nd person's App when 2 people try to get Boarding Groups and the 1st one succeeds at getting both of them passes? Does the 2nd persons App just say they already have a Group assigned or something like that so they can stop trying? I'm thinking more about what happens when your help from home scores a Boarding Group for you, will you know it right away or vice versa?

Yeah, if someone gets in earlier than you you will be notified that you can't join a BG because you are already in one

RotR wil go through testing tonight until around 12:30, they'll run it with people on continuously It'll be interesting to see if it performs as usual tomorrow
Who will be the lucky people? Will some heretofore excluded CMs finally get a chance to ride? :yay:

RotR wil go through testing tonight until around 12:30, they'll run it with people on continuously It'll be interesting to see if it performs as usual tomorrow

Hmm... that's very interesting information! I wonder what they hope to accomplish by doing this particular test? I don't expect anyone to know, it just really makes me wonder.

This was how I did it every time time I practiced from home for the past two month with no problems. However, I updated the App two days ago and yesterday this method did not work. BUT, this morning - it did work! So I have no confidence in the App.
yes - exactly this. I have to open the app at least 5 minutes before 8. Then went to home screen - and just before opening went back to app, clicked on Find out More, my status and everything was still grey. had to close the app and open again which took 2 full minutes.

I reported earlier that we were evacuated from the ride today and given FPs. We went back around 7pm and the ride was down.

With no way to know how long it would be down, and we wanted to do Soarin before our FP for Epcot Forever, so we asked for a FP for tomorrow.

We are fortunate that we have park hoppers, no kids with us, and one more day in the parks before we head home on Wed. I really feel for the people who weren't as fortunate in any of those areas.

Wish us luck for our third try tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter