READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Practicing again at home this morning and I finally got it to work on my iphone that has been crashing and freezing for the past week or more. Turned off my phone completely - then turned back on around 7:55 am. Opened the MDE app and kept it open (didn't go back to home screen) with my finger near the "find out more button". as soon as it turned 8:00 I hit find out more, then join boarding group. Checked to make sure entire party was there and it was. Seemed to go ok! hooray!! :flower1:

Finally got a chance to practice at home today! Button didn't turn red, but was clickable. That was amazingly stressful for a practice run, I can't imagine how stressful it must be while actually in the park!

Also, noticed backups gone at 8:09.

Weird. It definitely switched to backups for me at 08:00:35.
That’s a very odd thing. I had it happen the other day where the backups didn’t show up for me until later. I was going back and forth between the My Status screen and the Find Out More screen so I assumed that maybe it wasn’t actually refreshing in that case. Today I made sure to go from Home to Find Out More and backup showed at the same time that my phone switched to 701 give it take a second. I wonder how it could be that far off between different people.

Frustrating! I was practicing from home and ready to go, and I had the same experience. No red button until at least 20-25secs after 8:00am.... 😫 Fingers crossed for you!

Thank you! I was wondering what we did wrong, it makes me feel a bit better that others were experiencing similar tech issues. Good luck to all of us!!

Was In park at 7:00. In first group holding for SDD. Kept checking My Status starting a few seconds before 8. Join boarding group never lit up. Had to log out and back in. Husband got Backup 90 so that’s where we are. Quite disappointed but at least we have a group. Crossing fingers that the ride stays up today. Will be trying again tomorrow morning.

Thanks to everyone here on Dis for your help!!

We’re here. The walk from Boardwalk Villas was very nice.
7:16 - left room
7:26 - at bag check
7:33 - tapped in with fingerprint, but my family with no bags did not fingerprint

waiting outside Batuu now. Fingers crossed that one of our 3 phones will get us a good BG!
I am heading to BWV in 2 weeks, is that time frame from the room to bag check a leisurely stroll? Just trying to figure out how early to get DW and DS out of the hotel in the morning. Thanks!

If I have a fastpass for another park can I get a boarding pass for RoTR because I do want to try to get on? Or do the FP for another park mark me out.

Backups were at 8:00:40 for me.

I continue to think the exact time doesn’t really matter and is influenced by our devices, clock source, whatever tech is involved, etc - since we all get slightly different results on a pretty consistent basis.

Bottom line, they go fast. :-)
You’re probably 100% right. It’s probably just the display of the text that’s delayed for some people. But having seen a lot of crazy MDE glitches, part of me wonders if some of us aren’t getting into a mode where it’s holding a BG for us, the way FPs are held until you confirm them. I vaguely wonder if going to the My Status screen before clicking Join Boarding Group might work that way. If it works that way for one set of button pushes and not another, that would change the recommended approach.
Probably no way to confirm that though.

Finally got a chance to practice at home today! Button didn't turn red, but was clickable. That was amazingly stressful for a practice run, I can't imagine how stressful it must be while actually in the park!

Also, noticed backups gone at 8:09.

To be clear on this, for me the Join Boarding Group button that appears next to My Status will turn red when it is active. If I click on My Status, the button that appears there (“Join A Boarding Group”) has never turned red, but goes from grayed out to not grayed out when it is active.

If you got a button that was clickable but didn’t turn red, did you get there by clicking on My Status?

To be clear on this, for me the Join Boarding Group button that appears next to My Status will turn red when it is active. If I click on My Status, the button that appears there (“Join A Boarding Group”) has never turned red, but goes from grayed out to not grayed out when it is active.

If you got a button that was clickable but didn’t turn red, did you get there by clicking on My Status?
I was surprised this morning when, after getting a red button on the first page and clicking through that way, I went back and clicked through the "my status" button and join boarding group was still grayed out! I tried a second time and it became clickable (blue).

Got BG 20. I had not practiced ahead of time, and I am happy with that. However, does rider swap for RotR override a normal rider swap, or is that a separate thing?
I'd imagine it operates the same way that DAS does. I had a DAS return time for MF:SR when our BG was called for RotR and they told me that I could get a "return time" for the latter (they just put you through the FP line), but that it would override my other one like any other attraction. I ended up waiting for my DAS time and then after getting off rode RotR.

To answer your question simply, probably.

Got BG 20. I had not practiced ahead of time, and I am happy with that. However, does rider swap for RotR override a normal rider swap, or is that a separate thing?
I'm not sure what you mean by override normal rider swap. If you need to rider swap RotR, everyone that wants to ride needs to be in a bg, then go to the entrance of the attraction let the CM know you are using RS. first group goes in, when they come oout the person waiting with child goes in with 2 additional people that already rode

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter