READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd imagine it operates the same way that DAS does. I had a DAS return time for MF:SR when our BG was called for RotR and they told me that I could get a "return time" for the latter (they just put you through the FP line), but that it would override my other one like any other attraction. I ended up waiting for my DAS time and then after getting off rode RotR.

To answer your question simply, probably.
child swap doesn't give out a return time though, as far as I know, I could be wrong

child swap doesn't give out a return time though, as far as I know, I could be wrong
Oh, okay! My thought was that if it operated digitally, it would be the same. Wouldn't child swap not work anyway if the other people in the party are already on another attraction? I don't understand how someone would have two ongoing ones at the same time.

I'm not sure what you mean by override normal rider swap. If you need to rider swap RotR, everyone that wants to ride needs to be in a bg, then go to the entrance of the attraction let the CM know you are using RS. first group goes in, when they come oout the person waiting with child goes in with 2 additional people that already rode
I mean we're waiting for Smuggler's Run and have rider swap so hubby can ride. But our boarding group will probably get called soon, and if we have only an hour, my husband will have to choose which ride to ride, or I can't do RotR. Unless he can have rider swap for both at once. Which it sounds like he can't. So that sucks.

I am heading to BWV in 2 weeks, is that time frame from the room to bag check a leisurely stroll? Just trying to figure out how early to get DW and DS out of the hotel in the morning. Thanks!
That was a quick pace walk. I’m a fast walker in general and with this being our first day to try, our family was walking at a brisk pace. But I’d say 15 minutes is an easy pace from BWV

I am heading to BWV in 2 weeks, is that time frame from the room to bag check a leisurely stroll? Just trying to figure out how early to get DW and DS out of the hotel in the morning. Thanks!
We will be at BWV on the 26th. Planning on doing this madness on the 27th & 28th. Maybe we will see you on the walk over :)

I mean we're waiting for Smuggler's Run and have rider swap so hubby can ride. But our boarding group will probably get called soon, and if we have only an hour, my husband will have to choose which ride to ride, or I can't do RotR. Unless he can have rider swap for both at once. Which it sounds like he can't. So that sucks.
I believe the cm's at ROTR are allowing 2 hours even when the app says 1, except at the end of the night when the park is closing.

Question: going to HS March 6. Today was the first day I practiced. Started hitting join boarding group before 8. Toggled back and forth between learn more and join boarding group. Turned red about 8:00:10. Managed to pretend make my group about 3-4 times before backup groups started. Never touched the My Status button. Why are people using the My Status button?

Question: going to HS March 6. Today was the first day I practiced. Started hitting join boarding group before 8. Toggled back and forth between learn more and join boarding group. Turned red about 8:00:10. Managed to pretend make my group about 3-4 times before backup groups started. Never touched the My Status button. Why are people using the My Status button?
It’s a different way to get a clickable Join Boarding Group button if you don’t get the red button right away. There is more than one way and no one knows if one is better or worse.

Boarding group 24 today. Not everyone in our group showed up as being in the park. We went to GET by Rockin' Rollercoaster, and they added the rest of our group. With technical issues like this still happening, I would never recommend leaving the park until you have secured your boarding group.

After clicking "find out more" some people don't have a red join boarding group button. Clicking My Status is a sort of second chance for those people, and often works well as a backup method.

After clicking "find out more" some people don't have a red join boarding group button. Clicking My Status is a sort of second chance for those people, and often works well as a backup method.

Yes, in all my practice attempts (probably 7 or 8 at least), after clicking "find out more" just after 8, the "join boarding group" button has NEVER been red. Every time I have to click the "My Status" button and THEN can join a boarding group from that page. I have no idea why I always have to do it this way, but it is what it is.

you have 2 hours to return unless it's the last hour of park operations The one hour return time notice that people are getting in the morning is not enforced and they will give you 2 hours.

Yes, in all my practice attempts (probably 7 or 8 at least), after clicking "find out more" just after 8, the "join boarding group" button has NEVER been red. Every time I have to click the "My Status" button and THEN can join a boarding group from that page. I have no idea why I always have to do it this way, but it is what it is.
I have found that to be the case also. If I hit find out more immediately after my phone clock changes to 8:00 more often than not the join boarding group hasn’t yet become clickable. But if I hit my status it is clickable from the next page. I was assuming it was a matter of timing and not one button working better than the other. I was just a fraction of a second too soon after clicking find out more, so on the next step it was available. However, yesterday after clicking find out more the join boarding group was still grayed out, and then changed to red and clickable while I was looking at the phone screen but hadn’t yet clicked anything else.

Just multiple ways to get the same end result.

edited to correct autocorrect errors 🙄

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter