READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This article is warning people against having the entire group attempt to get a boarding group because it might cause glitches. This seems to be against the other recommendations I have seen, at least for WDW. Is this true? Or a DL v WDW thing? Or is the author possibly attributing glitches from other sources to a group attempt? Something else?

https://www.sfgate.com/sf-culture/article/star-wars-ride-boarding-group-pass-wait-line-15044867.php
This might be just for DL?

This article is warning people against having the entire group attempt to get a boarding group because it might cause glitches. This seems to be against the other recommendations I have seen, at least for WDW. Is this true? Or a DL v WDW thing? Or is the author possibly attributing glitches from other sources to a group attempt? Something else?

https://www.sfgate.com/sf-culture/article/star-wars-ride-boarding-group-pass-wait-line-15044867.php

This does seem strange. Seems like many people on this thread have described getting very low BGs while having multiple members of their party, and possibly people not at the park, trying.

This might be just for DL?

Or possibly Disney talking points. Having all 6000 people in the park logging in (and maybe another, let's say 500-1000 at home) at exactly the same time has got to be tough on their servers. I think it's better now that it's 8 so you don't have a couple 1000 people also logging in at the same time when their FP window opens, but it's still a lot for them to handle. I wouldn't be surprised to see Disney try to discourage multiple people in the same party from all logging in.

OK - tomorrow is the day. We are going to get to the parking lot around 7:15 am tomorrow...does everyone think for an 8am park open this will be good? And if so...as soon as the clock turns 8am ... hit the join boarding group or do I hit the my status first?

OK - tomorrow is the day. We are going to get to the parking lot around 7:15 am tomorrow...does everyone think for an 8am park open this will be good? And if so...as soon as the clock turns 8am ... hit the join boarding group or do I hit the my status first?

When the clock hits 8, tap on "Find out more" from the home page. On the next screen, if you see a red "join boarding group" button, tap that! If the button isn't red yet, tap the "My status" button. On the next screen, if "join boarding group" is blue, tap that! It sounds complicated when I type it out, but it really isn't. If all of that fails, I'd probably close the app and start over. Or you can hit the home button and start over with the "find out more" button.

I opened the app at 7:59:50 which loaded it right at 8. The button wasn’t red so I got my status which then let me hit the “join a boarding group” button

The Chart has been updated and posted on Post #2.

A decent day - 113 total BGs (62 Regular / 49 Backup) for an average 9.3 BG per hour pace.

Some trends worth noting:

- The elapsed time to fill all BGs has tightened up quite a bit here since moving to 8am openings. I'm assuming it's a combo of the later opening, one less hour of park ops, and whatever Disney does behind the scenes with the actual total BG number. The last four days have been 8 minutes, 7 minutes, 12 minutes, and 9 minutes from park opening. For those going this weekend (a holiday weekend), I'd mentally prep for all BGs to fill relatively quickly.

- The long-term BG per hour average is 9.5 (Dec = 9.7, Jan = 9.6, Feb to date = 8.8). With a 12 hour park day, that means somewhere around 114 BGs per day would be an average day. Other than last Wed & Fri which stalled in the 60's, they've been getting through anywhere from 106-124 BGs each day since 8am openings started.

- Wednesdays & Fridays have gotten a well-deserved bad rap based on performance (the top 7 worst performing days were all Wednesday & Fridays) - here's hoping for a strong tomorrow to break that pattern.

Last edited:
Sorry, maybe this has been asked, but...
Do most people who arrive and get "in park" get at least a back-up Boarding pass? Or are there lots of ticked off people heading straight out of the park because they missed it?

Do most people who arrive and get "in park" get at least a back-up Boarding pass? Or are there lots of ticked off people heading straight out of the park because they missed it?
If you don’t have a tech glitch, if you are in the park prior to opening and try exactly at opening you’ll get a good BG, and the worst a doable backup. But there’s no telling who runs into which glitch when...

I would say that everyone who is in the park at rope drop is able to get in a BG(regular or backup. Unless they have tech problems.

The Chart has been updated and posted on Post #2.

A decent day - 113 total BGs (62 Regular / 49 Backup) for an average 9.3 BG per hour pace.

Some trends worth noting:

- The elapsed time to fill all BGs has tightened up quite a bit here since moving to 8am openings. I'm assuming it's a combo of the later opening, one less hour of park ops, and whatever Disney does behind the scenes with the actual total BG number. The last four days have been 8 minutes, 7 minutes, 12 minutes, and 9 minutes from park opening. For those going this weekend (a holiday weekend), I'd mentally prep for all BGs to fill relatively quickly.

- The long-term BG per hour average is 9.5 (Dec = 9.7, Jan = 9.6, Feb to date = 8.8). With a 12 hour park day, that means somewhere around 114 BGs per day would be an average day. Other than last Wed & Fri which stalled in the 60's, they've been getting through anywhere from 106-124 BGs each day since 8am openings started.

- Wednesdays & Fridays have gotten a well-deserved bad rap based on performance (the top 7 worst performing days were all Wednesday & Fridays) - here's hoping for a strong tomorrow to break that pattern.
I feel very lucky that we got to ride last Wednesday without too much issue. We did have to get a return FP when it went down while we were in line, but when we went back after it opened we pretty much went straight on and made it through.

I've read like the last 200 pages. So many tips! Of course our days to try are a Wednesday and a Friday. We don't go until April but I think (hope) this system continues since they switched the EMHs to evenings through August.
If we're running behind does anyone know if a baby carrier that's being used counts as a bag?

WARNING... for the extremely SPOILER averse folks... the linked article contains an image of the inside of ROTR as well as an image of concept art for the ride. Both of them are very common images (that I'm shocked anyone has been able to avoid at this point), but since there are folks on this thread who don't even want to know how many seats are in the row of a vehicle (or even that the ride has a vehicle with seats), I figured I'd offer this spoiler alert.

ETA: I just noticed that the link in this thread includes a thumbnail of that image, so it's plastered here several times (albeit rather tiny and somewhat blurry).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter