READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my expectations are just set at the right place. I'm excited about my trip. I've practiced from home but have read enough other experiences to anticipate what could come up on the BIG DAY. And then I feel like I won't be panicked if something does arise. Now if my DH knew how much I was obsessing about this now, he would not be happy and would just feel stressed when we got there. My goal is to give him and DD the tutorial on our flight down and hope for the best! I know this trip will be stressful with crowds and stuff. But I would rather be there than in my office, so I'm just going to make the most of it! I hope you can get your worries out now so that you can feel prepared for whatever happens. Hey - you're only 8 days away from being at the Magic!!:flower3: I still have 7 weeks!
I have 12weeks to get even more excited about this adventure! My wife would be the same as your husband. I've told her limited things about how crazy the park has been with the excitement of the new ride and she just doesn't get it. haha. I'll be lucky to get her out the door in time to get to HS to be eligible for a boarding group. When it comes down to it, I'll probably end up either going alone or with the kid to get on the ride. she's not excited for Star Wars, so waking up early, even 1 day, on vacation is not exciting to her.

I think the way to look at it is with a giant dose of realism. Even if you don’t get a BG or the ride goes down, it’s now a great park to be in, a 200% improvement over a few years ago.

#Truth

I am thinking hard about do I want to get up that early and ask the family to do it while we are on VACATION. Not sure if it's worth it knowing that even IF we get to the park early enough, IF we get a BG will we even get to ride that day.
our trip is not for 60 days so will wait to see how things go.

A Disney vacation is stressful enough. My family can only afford to go every 3 years or so and with how expensive it is I feel the need to make sure we can do EVERYTHING or the money has been somewhat wasted. On the other hand with the price increases this may be our last trip for a long time. other vacation spots are becoming more and more attractive.

I get that feeling. Not wanting to disappoint yourself and your family if things don't happen exactly like we planned. In 60 days, all these issues will be resolved! I believe it :cutie:

I think my expectations are just set at the right place. I'm excited about my trip. I've practiced from home but have read enough other experiences to anticipate what could come up on the BIG DAY. And then I feel like I won't be panicked if something does arise. Now if my DH knew how much I was obsessing about this now, he would not be happy and would just feel stressed when we got there. My goal is to give him and DD the tutorial on our flight down and hope for the best! I know this trip will be stressful with crowds and stuff. But I would rather be there than in my office, so I'm just going to make the most of it! I hope you can get your worries out now so that you can feel prepared for whatever happens. Hey - you're only 8 days away from being at the Magic!!:flower3: I still have 7 weeks!

Yeah, I have been trying to hide my anxiety from the old man. I know he'll say "Why did you want to go on this trip if it was going to make you a stark raving lunatic?".
And he would be correct. :jumping1:

#Truth
I get that feeling. Not wanting to disappoint yourself and your family if things don't happen exactly like we planned. In 60 days, all these issues will be resolved! I believe it :cutie:
:jumping1:
I am the family Disney vacation planner. My daughter keeps telling me to stop stressing no one (my 2 grand daughters) will ever know if things don't go exactly as I hoped.
fingers crossed things will be better in the next few months. If I can get FP+ for SDD, MMRR and FOP I will be pretty happy.

I know it's way too early to tell, but I'll be at Hollywood Studios in early June. Do you guys anticipate things to be any better with boarding groups? I'm willing to get up early and try my luck with the boarding groups but I want to see if there's any hope for improvement to the system in about four months. I'm hopeful!

I know it's way too early to tell, but I'll be at Hollywood Studios in early June. Do you guys anticipate things to be any better with boarding groups? I'm willing to get up early and try my luck with the boarding groups but I want to see if there's any hope for improvement to the system in about four months. I'm hopeful!
the problem is not the system is the attraction. It's just unreliable. Since opening on Dec 5th I believe we've had 8 bad days.

Any tips to help select your group quickly? I have about 15 or so family & friends but only 4 of us will be there. While practicing it seems to take too long to scroll, find and select the other 3. Any ideas other than deleting everyone else - don’t want to do that because we do all go together sometimes.
When making fastpasses it usually shows the people you “have plans with” at the top. It doesn’t seem to do that with the boarding groups.
Remove them from Family & Friends and add back after your Hollywood Studios Days. Then you can just select all.

Are there any videos out there showing how to get a boarding group in the app? Preferably one that shows the trick of hitting “find out more” at 8:00 (and juggling/refreshing the app by clicking on my status if the button isn’t red yet). I’ve practiced it myself atHome a couple times at 8am but I want to show my wife and kids without having to wait for 8am.

I think the way to look at it is with a giant dose of realism. Even if you don’t get a BG or the ride goes down, it’s now a great park to be in, a 200% improvement over a few years ago.
Well, not necessarily when you are stuck with wall to wall people and crazy wait times as a result of everyone getting there early with the hopes of getting a BG. Not gonna lie - we will be there Monday and I am nervous given how today has gone.

Sorry, one more question. I’ve seen people say to close out of the app and open it exactly at park opening time. When I click on the app to open it, it takes me at least 10 seconds (maybe more) to get past the initial “Walt Disney world” screen with the castle. There’s no possible way that can be what I should do, right? I feel like I should have the app already open and just keep clicking “find out more” and refreshing until opening time. Is that right?

If that works, it is faster. All three times I got a BG, and the one practice run I did recently, the app did not update to allow me to book a bg. No amount of going between pages helped. I had to close it and reopen it. So did my mom the two times she was with me at HS. I suggest trying at home to see if having the app already open works for you.

I am really trying to have a positive attitude about this, but it is hard. We will be there spring break, so it will be crowded. My family is not keen on getting up early, but we're all willing to do it for this ride. But if I force my family out of bed (even with the prior agreement, it will take Jedi power to get them all out of bed), and then we still don't get a boarding group, I'm afraid there will be tears from the youngest, and frustration from everyone else. I've planned our day where it will be fun regardless of whether we get to ride, but still...I feel like I have to be ready for disappointment.

Thank you all for answering my questions. So when I practice at home, how will I know if I had a “successful” test run - ie would have gotten a BG if I were in the parks? If I get to the select your friends and family page, is that enough to make me feel confident that whichever method I picked works?

Thank you all for answering my questions. So when I practice at home, how will I know if I had a “successful” test run - ie would have gotten a BG if I were in the parks? If I get to the select your friends and family page, is that enough to make me feel confident that whichever method I picked works?

Yep, after you select the people you want, the next page will give you an error saying that it appears the people aren’t in HS.

I guess it would count as "successful" for me when you get to the "you are not in the parks" message (as far as you can go from home). Also when you are trying for a backup boarding group you get a pop up stating that. So, if you don't get the pop up it means you where trying for a regular boarding group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter