READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not somewhere I can update The Chart, but results below:

A decent day - 101 BGs were called, 41 Regular, 60 Backups - for an 8.4 BG per hour average.

For the last few days the total BGs called were 61/72/86/81/77 - so 101 is a decent uptick. The max BG count for the current 12-hour park day pattern is 124.

All BGs were filled by around 8:02am - another super fast day.

I'm going to post our experience from Friday Feb 14.
We arrived later than we had wanted due to taking some wrong turns getting to HS and a longer than expected wait to pay for parking. We entered the gate at 7:52 and headed to the line to sign up for the Jedi Training. (Too late to Rope Drop RnRC - too bad). We were in the line by 7:55.
DH and I both have Android phones, and we had both signed up for Roaming data packages after reading this forum. We had also brought an old Blackberry and an Android tablet for our kids to try with, using Wifi.
At 7:59:30, we all opened the apps, and...
We got Boarding Group 9!!!! (which was the 2nd boarding group - they started at BG 8). The person who got us BG 9 was my 10 year old DS, using an old Blackberry on Wifi!!!
So you see, you don't necessarily need a new phone, or data to get a BG. Makes me wonder if some of it is just luck?!
We were called at 8:47 and had a 2 hour window to return.
The ride was awesome! However the park was insanely busy, which would make me think twice about coming back.
Anyway just wanted to share our experience.

I made sure everyone was out of the app and ready to go in on my call. At 7:59:55 (Atomic clock) I told them all to get in and try and I did the same.
Quick question, just to verify, you did not fire up the app a few minutes early and waited on the home page for exactly 8, but instead you fired up the app at 7:59:55 so it was up and running at just a hair after 8 or a hair before 8?

Not somewhere I can update The Chart, but results below:

A decent day - 101 BGs were called, 41 Regular, 60 Backups - for an 8.4 BG per hour average.

For the last few days the total BGs called were 61/72/86/81/77 - so 101 is a decent uptick. The max BG count for the current 12-hour park day pattern is 124.

All BGs were filled by around 8:02am - another super fast day.
101 is a huge improvement from lately!

Can more than one person sign into the same account?
Just trying to get ready, i need to dL the app to my dh phone...
Then i wasnt sure sign in to our family account or make him his own?

Nevermind same question above, just did not read

I find it pretty worrisome that even the backup groups are now gone within a minute.... When I was here a few weeks ago and was worried that the regular BGs were gone within a minute, I was told not to worry, there are always backup groups to get. Now the backup groups seem to be gone within a minute as well - am I allowed to worry now? 😉

Seriously, this is just madness! If you are there for a day only and do not have a fast phone, connection, whatever and luck out, what do you do then? I have to rely on wifi as my data plan is from out of country and does not cover the US 😟 Genuinly worried really as I do not know how I would explain to my Star Wars crazy son we cannot ride if we don't get a boarding pass because mommy's fingers weren't fast enough 😔

Quick explanation for those that had posts recently removed. SWGE upcharge event speculation is probably just as much a hot potato topic as RotR FPs or limiting the number of times one can ride. Definitely more than we can figure out within the confines of this BG discussion thread and a topic that can tend to go sideways quickly (some love them, some hate them). There is a SWGE upcharge sticky, and also other threads that can be created if you’d like to discuss. Thanks all.

:thanks:

I find it pretty worrisome that even the backup groups are now gone within a minute.... When I was here a few weeks ago and was worried that the regular BGs were gone within a minute, I was told not to worry, there are always backup groups to get. Now the backup groups seem to be gone within a minute as well - am I allowed to worry now? 😉

Seriously, this is just madness! If you are there for a day only and do not have a fast phone, connection, whatever and luck out, what do you do then? I have to rely on wifi as my data plan is from out of country and does not cover the US 😟 Genuinly worried really as I do not know how I would explain to my Star Wars crazy son we cannot ride if we don't get a boarding pass because mommy's fingers weren't fast enough 😔
We’re choosing to go in with managed expectations as so much is out of our control. My 10yo knows we will do our best to get a BG but it may or may not happen. We’re not going to let one ride determine how we enjoy our trip.

Just curious, what was the line for Jedi training like? Or was there much of a line? On our Star Wars day, that'll be the first stop for us before heading to Launch Bay.
When we arrived to sign up for Jedi training (7:55), there was a bit of a line. Maybe 15 minutes wait. But we were able to get our preferred JT time at 11 am, and there were tons of spots available for the afternoon at that point. So I don't think it fills up right away.

Congrats on running the gamut and coming out successful on the other end! Gonna get up and try again tomorrow? ;)

Just to make sure I'm understanding, if the ride goes down during your boarding window, do you then get to go back any time after?

Sorry to just get to this - wasn't on much yesterday .... Yes we asked each time we stopped just to be sure and the CMs informed us that no issue coming back later even beyond our designated "return time" if the ride was down during our return window. They didn't have to adjust anything just when we returned the system said our BG was good to enter then automatically

We paid $8 to add one day of data (Canada - Freedom Mobile) - so not much. Maybe check and see if you can get a one day deal? However, it was my son who got the BG, using Wifi on an older phone, so for us, data didn't matter. I would suggest that you bring a device for everyone in your party - tablet, old phone, whatever, and have everyone try by logging into the same account. That's what worked for us. or maybe it was just luck.

If by chance you don't get in, try to get a fastpass for Star Tours, wait in the crazy line for Smugglers Run, go to the character meets, see the Star Wars fireworks. Even walking around Galaxy's Edge will be exciting for a fan

When we arrived to sign up for Jedi training (7:55), there was a bit of a line. Maybe 15 minutes wait. But we were able to get our preferred JT time at 11 am, and there were tons of spots available for the afternoon at that point. So I don't think it fills up right away.
Good to know, we have to do a morning show, so was planning on hitting it up as soon as we got inside. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter