READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone attempted to secure a BP with a child under 3 as part of your friends and family list? Since he is under 3, he does not have a ticket but he still has a magic band and can tap into the park (he likes doing this like his big brothers!). I’m just wondering whether I should attempt to secure a BP with him included (by hitting “select all”) or if I should remove him when I attempt to get a BP.
Was going back through pages and wasn't sure if anyone had answered you since this thread can go pretty fast some days. I haven't been in the park yet, but I did make everyone's character in the app the exact same except for my 2yo so she's easy to spot and uncheck. I'm also told that if I forget in the excitement that it'll pop up saying something to the effect that everyone isn't in the park and would I like to continue without that person. I did have one person tell me to take my 2yo off of MDE, but my TA said I couldn't since we're staying on property.

Watching BGs from home and it appears that they are fully distributed within 1-2 minutes. Is this really the case?
It must be absolutely crazy at park open! DH and I will be there for a short stay third week of March, fingers crossed that things work out for us.

Watching BGs from home and it appears that they are fully distributed within 1-2 minutes. Is this really the case?
It must be absolutely crazy at park open! DH and I will be there for a short stay third week of March, fingers crossed that things work out for us.
Yep. Originally it was just guaranteed groups that went in a minute and backups lasted longer, but the last several days everything has gone in a couple minutes.

BG 69. Could be worse. I’ll take it.
A bit more about our morning...

Done with 5k and in the runD resort buses around 6:25am. Our plan was to take a bus to the Epcot resorts (they all often share for the races) and get off at the first spot.

Buses didn’t actually leave until just after 7 as the course/bus route shared a section in the Epcot parking lot and the course needed to clear first. This was fine as it is very cold/misty rain/windy here and sitting on a warm bus vs sitting outside at DHS was fine with me, but I did sort of start to get a bit antsy since it took awhile. :-)

First bus stop was BWI so we got off and walked over.

Short security line 4-5 people deep at 7:30am.

Tapstyles at 7:34am, just 3-5 people deep.

My last RotR attempt was 1/2 when they weren’t letting people as deep into the park as they are now. With the current setup, getting in at this time (30 mins before park opening) was pretty much like a ‘normal’ park arrival experience. Steady inflow of people but nothing crazy or chaotic. I’m sure crowds to the lands were far more stout, but on Hollywood and Sunset Boulevard, it was borderline pleasant. I would dare say they ‘felt’ light.

Got coffee at the snack stand just to the right on Sunset Blvd, wait was only 8 people.

We were wet/cold from the run so opted to hide out in that inside area by the Brown Derby entrance. It had full data and Wifi bars, and we just wanted out of the wind - so seemed like as good a spot as any.

There were maybe 12 or so others in there, so we all shared some jovial chatter, stories, plans. Helped a guy next to us who was very clueless. Unfortunately he didn’t know the rest of his family needed to be in the park (but did get a BG for himself, so he was happy).

Just me and DW, no assists from friends/family. She did data, I did in park Wifi (for no particular reason other than I was just curious).

I opened the app 15 or so seconds before 8am. She kept hers open the whole time and just toggled back and forth. I could never get Join Boarding Group to turn on no matter how I refreshed (flashbacks of my experience 1/2). There were a chaotic few seconds and then DW said she got one (BG 69), at what felt like 8:00:30’ish or 40’ish, but that’s an imprecise observation.

For those keeping score, that’s DW 2, me 0. Her mockery of my continued failures is in full force.

The vibe around us was mostly cheers but also some visibly frustrated folks, pretty similar to my last attempt.

We met a lovely family a bit later while waiting for rideshare who seemed well-versed in the process. They said they failed to get one a few days ago, but wanted to give it another shot today (their last day). They got 62, so with any luck today it will be a good day for them.

Barring catastrophe, our BG 69 should get called. DW didn’t get to ride in Jan during our first attempt (got called too late in the day and opted to put DD to bed rather than stay up too late), so she’ll now hopefully get to ride.

So, a reasonable outcome all things considered.
@GADisneyDad14 - Rooting for you today! Seems like you trained your padawan (DW) well!

For those who have been paying better attention than I have, on a good day about what time of day do they get to backup boarding groups? I know it's not always the same. I would just like a guestimate because I'm hoping that if we get in regular boarding groups, I could still do an ADR inthe evening around 7 and not worry about missing my boarding group.

For those who have been paying better attention than I have, on a good day about what time of day do they get to backup boarding groups? I know it's not always the same. I would just like a guestimate because I'm hoping that if we get in regular boarding groups, I could still do an ADR inthe evening around 7 and not worry about missing my boarding group.

Your question doesn't account for the variable of how many regular vs. backup groups they issue, which can make a huge difference. If you are fortunate enough to get a boarding group and your number is below 100, I would expect you to ride before 7 if the ride is having a decent day. For example, today is a good day and they are boarding group 75 just before 1:00.

Edit: You should also be able to get some help with cancelling your ADR if it comes to that, without incurring the $10/person no-show fee.

When we had issues over Pres Day weekend (& had to rely on visiting & revisiting GS to sort things out) more than one CM expressed that:

Even if guests try exacty at the get-go for boarding groups, it is basically a lottery as to whom gets what boarding group, if any

& not a popular sentiment here, but...

When I brought up subject of how people outside the park are ‘practicing’, those I spoke to agreed that the extra traffic is likely slowing down the app for those in the parks. However, there is no way in place to stop it.

HS updated the hours to open at 8 until March 28. I was hoping for a 7 opening, but I guess that’s better than 9.

Yay! But what the heck, not the rest of the month? Is that 14 days from the initial 8 AM openings? Only our initial DHS day not our back ups are covered 😬. More waiting.

Yay! But what the heck, not the rest of the month? Is that 14 days from the initial 8 AM openings? Only our initial DHS day not our back ups are covered 😬. More waiting.
Same here. I was hoping for 7 am, JMHO but it was far earlier to get the BG at that opening time vs 8 am. Think it greatly culled the herd

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter