READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
my app is still weird. it dosent say back ups have been given out for the day... its just says I cant join at the moment... I can see the land is open and boarding groups are being called but not the usually screen when all BG have been given out

I agree. This was not the intent today. I think they were tweaking the code but hadn't completed & tested yet. And the old version wasn't made active again before 8AM.

Just my speculation but code doesn't just change without somebody doing it. The previous system has been working for weeks. This was changed. Possibly by mistake during a test. But code doesn't just "glitch". It's also possible some hardware failed somewhere that caused this but I don't see how.

I agree with that. It sucks for those in DHS today but I’m worried about a possible system change.

Curious what her reply was then.....
She basically just looked at me and kinda shrugged. I said I could believe maybe a few people making it up, but this many? Then she just looked at me and I looked at her. I said “well I just wanted to let you know and I guess you can’t tell me anything or do anything.” She gave me a sympathetic look and I left.

I get it’s not her fault. I just can’t believe that the managers in the back were telling their people to say everyone was wrong. When people are upset that’s like 101 the last thing you want to say to people.

I never tried at home EVER but I did today and literally at exactly 8am it was on a backup boarding group. I read about people at home being able to obtain, when will disney just think of another alternative than the boarding group. I truly hope come our May trip there is another way of obtaining a boarding group.
I never tried at home before either but for some reason I did today as well in preparation for my trip next week! I got boarding Group 33 and I was surprised. I assume that it didn't get finalized because I wasn't in the park, but after I heard all of this I just checked and it was still there in my MDE! I canceled it as soon as I realized. Pretty crazy.

I will say this we should consider not practicing tomorrow just in case. May @yulilin3 could be the one who tries and we can see what happens.

Word has gotten out about this. There will be tons of people trying to see for themselves tomorrow, if I had to guess. People here would be a drop in the bucket if they try and are successful.

If Disney didn’t patch it up tomorrow will be an absolute mess.

Really with MDE they should be able to see first whether your linked tickets are even active yet before even allowing you to try to reserve a BG, and then secondly if you have actually tapped into DHS that morning. That would prevent a lot of unnecessary reservation attempts even though all the practicers would be out of luck.
It shouldn't be necessary, because the fact that you are tapped in implies that you have active entry media.

First rule of computer programming: KISS = Keep It Simple Sir (not really "Sir", but you get the drift :) )

That's um, not good guest recovery

So if 1/2 the spots got filled by people not there and if the ride runs well will they just turn stop running it at 2pm or whatever? (I am sure I am exaggerating impact, but you get the point)
Even as a manager, not her decision to run the ride longer or change MO. Management higher up may decide a different tact today with a standby line or in park announcement if another release at say noon, but don't EXPECT a change and really unfair to expect even GET manager to have that ability to make that call

I am not sure how quickly they go through groups, but I am home and watching my app and it seems to be steadily growing by one every few minutes or so and sometimes even quicker than that.
Is that normal?

Even as a manager, not her decision to run the ride longer or change MO. Management higher up may decide a different tact today with a standby line or in park announcement if another release at say noon, but don't EXPECT a change and really unfair to expect even GET manager to have that ability to make that call
That’s exactly it. These GETS have very little power and didn’t even have the full story until a short time ago. Cut them a lot of slack today.

They’re already at 28, that’s half the guaranteed groups. At this rate they will hit 100 by 1 pm.
Well, sure, but that's starting from 10, and there's only 42 regular groups today. They're only 20 groups in after two hours. That's ... Average.

I am not sure how quickly they go through groups, but I am home and watching my app and it seems to be steadily growing by one every few minutes or so and sometimes even quicker than that.
Is that normal?
It’s normal at the beginning of the day. They usually front load the queue a bit then it evens out a bit as the day goes on.

oh, yeah, I get it isn't her call to make - more just in general, how are "they" (Disney) going to handle this if 1/2 the BGs are "empty"

I have no reason to suspect they were "testing" an update. I think it far more likely that there were issues with communications between the park systems, perhaps the system that tells the BG system that people are scanned in wasn't responding, etc. - and the delays in starting boarding groups were probably for similar reasons.
That's an excellent point. Past fiascos have often resulted from a failure of communication between 2 systems, such as reservations & ticketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter