• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter and I tried on 2/16 to get a boarding group but our tickets needed to be activated at will call and we were too late into the park. So lesson # 1: make sure your tickets are ready. I assumed since they showed up in the app that all we needed was a magic band and the cast member at the turnstile could finalize. We’ve been to WDW numerous times, but tech is always changing on us. I’d give yourself tons of time if DHS is your first day.
Wait... What does this mean? We will be there Monday, and DHS is our first park day. We bought the tickets months ago and they show up in the app. Do we still need to go to the ticket counter still? My family will NOT be ok if we miss getting a boarding group for something stupid.

Ok. Time for the full post now that we’re done for the day!!

I scheduled a Mears shuttle for 645 from all star sports, as i didn’t want to rely on the bus for our one attempt at ROTR. I was honestly happy about that, as we passed the REALLY long bus line. Caught the shuttle and were there right before 7. I had a bag, but my family didn’t. It honestly didn’t take me that much longer. Stuck all the way to the right and were in by about 720ish?

From there, we went straight to sign up for Jedi training. We got our top choice, and I’m glad we went when we did, as the line when we left was really long.

Next, we went to get a Mickey pretzel and sat by Echo Lake. We originally wanted to rope drop, but my 5yo was on the fence about it after Monday, so I didn’t think it was worth the stress. My 8yo and I camped out and waited. Checked the app at 7:55 to make sure tickets registered and we were signed in. Then sat on home screen until 7:59 to reopen. What I found in all of my practicing was to NOT click find out more until after 8:00. I saw plenty doing this around me, and not one got a better boarding group. Also, don’t listen to the announcements. The number of people at 730 freaking out in their phones was kind of crazy.

At 7:59:52, I started a quiet 10 second countdown with my daughter, who was well versed in how to get a boarding group. I just beat her. Button was red right away. Only had one person to deselect, and still got group 16. I couldn’t help myself and started jumping up and down (quietly), but stopped quickly when I saw no one around us getting excited. Those around us got in the 50s and 60s, so still not horrible.

our group was called at 907 when we were in our 905 TOT FP line. Finished that ride, then went to the 1020 Jedi training show before heading to ROTR. Definitely got the “a“ experience. And 30 seconds from the end, an announcement came on to stay seated and that we would be evacuated. The CM were pretty nice about it and joked that we got the“full” experience but would still be issued a recovery FP.

By that time, we had missed our 1025 TSM FO, but the GET team was great and reactivated it for us. After that, headed to MFSR, which was nothing in comparison to ROTR. Had a nice lunch at Mama Melrose’s complete with a birthday cupcake. During that time, was able to get another FP for TOT (still one of my faves).

headed back to ROTR, as it was back up. Realized on it that we were in “b” mode, although it wasn’t much different and I probably wouldn’t have noticed if it weren’t the first time. We got to go through the FP line, which was much quicker than the first time!

Had some time after so went right to Frozen and walked right in. Then went to TOT in the rain. By the time we got off the ride, rain had stopped.

Given the crowds, I couldn’t have asked for a better day. So lucky to do ROTR basically twice in full mode.

my biggest tip I got from the board and through practice was to wait until after 8:00 to hit find out more. I really think that made the difference in getting through smoothly. I didn’t trust opening the app, though, right at time, as I had a couple of practice sessions where it didn’t open for me quickly. So we opened a minute ahead and just waited.

Hope that helps and spreads some of the good fortune!
Did the same here! Was at park today, RD SDD and waited to 8:00.01 before trying to click in, got same group, 16. Felt really bad for guy next to me because he had everything setup just the same as me except he kept checking before 8am. He didn’t even get a group. Ride is amazing, thanks to everyone here for all the info, probably wouldn’t of got a ride without all the advice

I will be driving my own vehicle from AS sports because I don’t want to be nervous relying on busses. My question is- at the park entrance is there a separate line for ride share vehicles or do they enter the park through the same line as those parking ? If there is a separate line is it all the way to the right ? To the left?

Please don't laugh but is there any sense in trying to join a boarding group if one gets into HS around 11 am? Or should we not bother? My friend and I are definitely not rope drop people.

Please don't laugh but is there any sense in trying to join a boarding group if one gets into HS around 11 am? Or should we not bother? My friend and I are definitely not rope drop people.

Unfortunately, groups are gone in under a minute right at park open. Sorry. You can hope for backup groups, but they don’t last much longer (unless it’s a less crowded day you can hope they’ll go at least 15 minutes or longer.)

Unfortunately, they are gone in under a minute right at park open. Sorry.

Not to quibble, but they had been lasting nearly 15 minutes or longer for the previous few days until this morning. But the main point still stands, they won't be available if you don't arrive until 11 as things stand now.

99.9999999% chance you are not getting anything lol.

But it literally takes a second to check. Crazier things have happened, like people getting BG and free tickets from home.

Not to quibble, but they had been lasting nearly 15 minutes or longer for the previous few days until this morning. But the main point still stands, they won't be available if you don't arrive until 11 as things stand now.

Sorry still editing, wasn’t done 😂 I do that a lot

There is technically precedent for BG lasting past 11, but it was on days with very long hours (we’re talking anywhere from 3-6 longer than we’re getting now). I doubt we see that again for a very very long time.

me too...107 at about 8:00:30. Just dropped it.

I actually thought 107 was pretty high for 30 secounds in... but I gues if they're letting in all of North America...
I had backup 104 from home. Just got a notification that I will get a fp for tomorrow AND a one day DHS only ticket?!?;
I can confirm I got 3 fps and 3 1 day tickets. Wonder if the fp day can be switched over the phone?

Totally forgot about this after this morning...at least I know push notifications work.
🤔 🤔 🤔
You got 104...or 107?
You dropped it...or you kept it?
You got compensation...or did you?

Just wanted to share my strategy for getting in one of the first 8 BG on 2 different occasions this month. Feb 4th I got BG 10 and today I was logged into a friends account that was in Hs and got 18. Weird that both days were exactly 8 from the first BG of the day but they were.

Anyway for my strategy that many people may use most of it but I do a little something extra.I open the app around 7:50. Go into it and look at my fastpasses and just generally use the app for a minute. I then close it out completely and repeat this process twice closing it out for good until 7:59:51.
At exactly 7:59:51 on my iPhone clock app I open the app up and start clicking find out more as soon as I see the box.

Why do I play around in the app? For my phone at least, when I open the app the first couple of times in the morning it takes a lot longer to open. 10-15 seconds some times. So I have found that by opening and interacting with it, it seems to “remember” and open faster.

Probably sounds weird but it has snagged a low boarding group twice. One being today when everyone was able to snag them.

What a disaster today. I feel bad for anyone in the park who didn’t get a BG or compensation. It’s extremely wrong that someone got a BG from home but didn’t cancel it and ended up getting tickets or FPs.

I don’t fault anyone not cancelling. Once they were taken they were taken. Nobody could have guessed they would have gotten a real one this morning.

Random glitches happen like this that benefit customers sometimes. Usually it’s an item listed on a website for a ridiculously low price. Sometimes it’s honoured sometimes it isn’t. I was thiiiiiis close a few months ago to getting hundreds of dollars in Disney GC at 40% off I think it was. I was too slow getting through but I know some Disers did. I hope the lucky few enjoy their ticket! Disney is sure to make some $$$ off them anyways, if used ;).

🤔 🤔 🤔
You got 104...or 107?
You dropped it...or you kept it?
You got compensation...or did you?

Ya...busy day.

107 - did not drop - got compensated for 3 people.

The one extra day pass may not mean as much to me as rolling the dice and calling to change the fastpasses to my trip days 2nd and 3rd week in March.

What I don't get is nobody is saying whether the BGs seemed half full or not. If dropping a BG does not result in that space being available for someone else, then all of the people getting BGs from home who did not show up would result in half full rides.

And even with half full BGs they couldnt make it past 76?

Well, The Chart on Post #2 has been updated. Strange day.

- Not only did we experience the biggest apparent Virtual Queue/Boarding Group process glitch in the history of the ride, it was also a very poor performing day for the attraction.

- 67 Boarding Groups were called - 41 Regular / 26 Backups - for a 5.58 BG per hour average (tied for the 6th worst performing day since inception)

The 23 day trend of 8am openings (12 hour park days) for # of BGs called (103 BG per day / 8.6 BG per hour average) and elapsed time to fill all BGs (13 minutes) is graphically presented below:

# of BGs Called By Type.png

Elapsed time to fill all BGs.png

What I don't get is nobody is saying whether the BGs seemed half full or not. If dropping a BG does not result in that space being available for someone else, then all of the people getting BGs from home who did not show up would result in half full rides.

And even with half full BGs they couldnt make it past 76?

The missing piece is the number of people who actually practice. Probably not as high as people speculate in relation to the number of people legitimately in the park. Plus lots of downtime today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter