READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they make each boarding group bigger ? Didn't the regular BG used to go to 100.. now only 36? That's a huge difference if the amount of ppl per is the same.

Since it appears that getting a BG is now down to seconds rather than a minute, I'll have to really fast. With that said does anyone know the official time down to the seconds that Disney uses?

Did they make each boarding group bigger ? Didn't the regular BG used to go to 100.. now only 36? That's a huge difference if the amount of ppl per is the same.
Probably they expect a deluge of recovery FP from yesterday’s fiasco so they’re keeping expectations low. If the ride has a good day, they’ll call more back up groups. At least I assume they will call more back ups. Depends on how many people show up with FP

Regular BGs have not been as high as 100 since mid-Jan. They have mostly been at a 41-61 range lately (today being a lower exception at 36).

But the overemphasis on the regular BG count is misleading - the better metric is total number of BGs called in a day, which one can find history of in the chart on Post 2. The average # of BGs called during the current 12-park hour days has been around 103 (with a range of 66 on a really bad day to 144 on a really good day).

Probably they expect a deluge of recovery FP from yesterday’s fiasco so they’re keeping expectations low. If the ride has a good day, they’ll call more back up groups. At least I assume they will call more back ups. Depends on how many people show up with FP

This. They were giving recovery FP to people that were not anywhere near WDW yesterday. So it is going to take a day to recover from a bad day.

Trying to plan for our May trip and decide which day to go. I was thinking HS on a Wed but it looks like they have Early morning Magic that day. Would Tuesday or Thursday be better then? Are there any days of the week that are historically better or not? This is my 12Th time to Disney in the last 10 years but the BG thing is stressing me out!

I also only saw myself when I practiced this morning. My husband and son were not on there. All of our fastpasses are the three of us. I hope they figure this all out before we get there.

Practice this morning went fine except I was the only one listed in my family if it happens in the park I should just choose me get a boarding group and then go get my family added correct

Wondering if this was only happening to practicers or if people at DHS saw the same thing? Might be part of the changes to screen out practicers who don't have active tickets?

So I practiced for the first time this morning and noticed that my son (he's 12) doesn't appear to be an option to select in my party. I confirmed that he appears on my friends and family list (with his plans managed by me) and I even see his valid ticket on my app. Anyone experience this and know how to fix it? I had no issues seeing my husband. We all have annual passes that have already been used. I see that others experienced issues this morning too. Curious if anyone at the park had the same issue happen.

Just want to share our experience earlier this week - sad though it may be :(
Monday morning in the park at 7:30ish, headed straight for TSL so we could hop right on Slinky at park opening (which ended up being a 90 minute wait :faint:). Tried at 8am exactly (according to my phone) and did not get a highlighted link (on either the Find Out More screen, or the My Status screen) for several seconds (seemed like forever, but maybe 10 or 15?) Ended up having to restart the app, then got backup group 125. We had evening FPs at Animal Kingdom, and were in line for FoP at 7:10pm when when our boarding group was called, and we were told to be at the ride by 7:50pm. Obviously that didn't happen.
Tuesday morning in the park at 7:40, waited about halfway up the main street until 8:00am. Had the same issue with nothing highlighted, eventually got backup boarding group #118 - which was never called.

Both times we used data, second time we used two different phones and had the same issues. On Monday, several families around us were having the same issues as well. I think, after reading some posts on here today, that we were probably trying slightly before "official" 8am, and that was screwing us up. In my opinion, this is a REALLY difficult thing to time right, and a lot of it seems to be luck. I wish everyone the best of luck with getting on the ride - we rode in December and it was great. But honestly, I don't think it's worth this stress. It threw off our moods both days, and I spent way too much time checking boarding group status for two days. We saw many, many disappointed families. I really hope Disney figures out a better way to move forward with this attraction.

Oh, and just c'ause I need to vent - this is making DHS a tough park to visit. Since this is pulling so many people in really early, the rope drop wait times are insane. As I mentioned, we were in line 30 minutes before opening for SDD, and waited 90 minutes after park opening to ride. Per the app, at park opening Smuggler's Run was at 95 minutes, TSMM was at 55, ToT and RnR at 50. No more rope drop walk ons at DHS :headache:

This. They were giving recovery FP to people that were not anywhere near WDW yesterday. So it is going to take a day to recover from a bad day.
And they have no idea who is going to show up for those recovery FP. People who got a FP in Maine yesterday are probably not on a plane this morning to get into DHS today, but Disney doesn’t know how many people with recovery FP are in Florida and how many will be no-shows.

Trying to plan for our May trip and decide which day to go. I was thinking HS on a Wed but it looks like they have Early morning Magic that day. Would Tuesday or Thursday be better then? Are there any days of the week that are historically better or not? This is my 12Th time to Disney in the last 10 years but the BG thing is stressing me out!
Interestingly, I was just looking at this when you asked. Tuesday has a slight advantage over Thursday historically, but it's not consistent enough to be a reliable factor for vacation planning. I'm personally sticking to planning days on my FP+ strategy.

Been practicing for a week now. Today's first/second/third attempt I got as far as adding group members, this was followed by a popup at the bottom of the screen telling me something about 'connection issues' and to retry. I've never seen this before and by the time I'd backed out/in 3 times, getting same message over and over, they were at backup groups. Does anyone have a suggested fix/workaround to this?
I got the same thing on my iPhone 11. But at same time I was using my iPhone 6s and had no problems. So confused why one would work and the other wouldn’t. Did same steps on both phones and pressed buttons at same time on both phones.

Wondering if this was only happening to practicers or if people at DHS saw the same thing? Might be part of the changes to screen out practicers who don't have active tickets?

I was able to practice today and I don't have any tickets yet. Got to the Not So Fast screen, all of my party was there. I think it is just glitchy.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did that though. Or maybe put the Not So Fast screen a step earlier, so you can't even attempt if you aren't in the park.

At home. I got my new phone yesterday - an iPhone 11. I had both my iPhone 6s max from 2015 and the iPhone 11 open on the app at 7:58. I refreshed the home screen on both phones and exactly at 8:00:01 I pressed “find out more” on both of them at the exact time. They both went to the next page at the same time. Both “my status” and “join a boarding group“ buttons were live, Pressed “join boarding group” On both at same time The old iPhone 6s Worked and went to the next page where I could select my party. I would have been able to join a boarding group today if I’d gone further on the iPhone 6s. The app on my iPhone 11 glitched! It wouldn’t go to the next page. If I had used that phone in the park there would be no riding today for us.

Getting a BG really is a lottery.
I think it's a really good idea to take/use multiple devices (if available) even if you are by yourself. It reduces your chances that one device will freeze you out. BG 100 from iPad on wifi is better than no BG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter