• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is not my problem. I have clicked exactly at 8 and anywhere from 2 to 3 to 5 to 10 to 15 seconds after and not gotten a red button. But if I click right at 8 and then hit My Status the button on the next page is active.
Same here. I thought I was hitting the button too early, but it doesn’t seem to matter. I have to click my status. I’ve never seen a red button. iPhone 8+, fully updated.

Hey Y’all. I got BG 12 this morning, but it wasn’t uneventful. Lyft scheduled from Caribbean Beach at 6:45-7. Lyft driver came early and immediately texted to say he was about to leave if we didn’t show (even though we hadn’t even reached the scheduled time window yet). We rushed out and caught him at 6:40. We tapped into the park at 7:10 and planted ourselves on Sunset near Anaheim. We had four IPhones and someone working from home on an IPhone. At 8:00 and one sec, we all clicked Find Out More, I got as far as “Create Your Party” and then after I hit select all and continued, things got really confusing. Friend trying from home had fired off a text saying he got us BG 12. So we all 4 jumped for joy and stopped the process on our end. It was a few minutes later that I realized there was only one person in our BG: me. Per your advice, hive mind, I went to the looong GET line, and I was worried because I feared group 12 would be called while we waited, and, sure enough, it was. I remember folks in this discussion board had been told by GET that you couldn’t add people to a BG after it was called, but a wonderful CM said she would just “put everyone with me.” I wasn’t sure what that meant, but she said not to worry. We waltzed over to GE and got right on RotR. Line was maybe 15 minutes. Full experience, I think. So remind everyone who’s helping you to be deliberate about “select all,” and then go to GET if there’s a problem. Thanks for all your help!!

Hey Y’all. I got BG 12 this morning, but it wasn’t uneventful. Lyft scheduled from Caribbean Beach at 6:45-7. Lyft driver came early and immediately texted to say he was about to leave if we didn’t show (even though we hadn’t even reached the scheduled time window yet). We rushed out and caught him at 6:40.
We had a similar issue with a pre-scheduled Lyft- they came early and started texting that they would be leaving almost as soon as we got the text that they had arrived early! We rushed down and made it, the guy was really nice, I wonder if those texts are automatic from Lyft and not from the specific driver?

We had a similar issue with a pre-scheduled Lyft- they came early and started texting that they would be leaving almost as soon as we got the text that they had arrived early! We rushed down and made it, the guy was really nice, I wonder if those texts are automatic from Lyft and not from the specific driver?
Yeah, that’s worth a bad rating.

yes, they're automated. We just call the driver immediately if that happens and tell them, they always wait.

Yeah, that’s worth a bad rating.
We didn’t give him a bad rating since he turned out to be the nicest Lyft driver we’ve ever had (we don’t use it anywhere but Disney). In fact we tipped him well because after we caught him we had to wait for maybe 5-10 min because while he was early our babysitter was late! Or course! In reality if he hadn’t been early it wouldn’t have been an issue, but still he was nice and pleasant, unIike some drivers we’ve had. I had a feeling he hadn’t been sending the texts, they had such a pre-written and automated feel to them. They could stand to tone them back a touch!
yes, they're automated. We just call the driver immediately if that happens and tell them, they always wait.
That’s good to know, and a good tip, thanks!

Add me to the list of those that never find the Join Boarding Group button to be red after hitting Find Out More but am always able to join a BG after hitting My Status. I am curious if the app will behave any differently in the park, but for now, I am assuming I will have to go the extra step of hitting my status first before I can join a BG. And yes, I have tried waiting anywhere from 3 -10 seconds after my clock hits 8:00:00 and it makes no difference. Have also confirmed my clock is within 1 second of the world clock time.

I'm on an iPhone 7 and my app is fully updated.
I wonder if this is a bit of an iOS vs Android thing.
I have a pixel and have the exact opposite problem. If I wait 2-3 seconds before hitting find out more I consistently have gotten a red join boarding group button (but not if I hit right at 8:00:00) however I have only ever gotten the button to go blue under my status once. I have seen similar posts here from other Android users.

Since a lot of folks are discussing app strategy I posted this yesterday but wanted to post again. It’s a method that has worked twice for me.

Just wanted to share my strategy for getting in one of the first 8 BG on 2 different occasions this month. Feb 4th I got BG 10 and today I was logged into a friends account that was in Hs and got 18. Weird that both days were exactly 8 from the first BG of the day but they were.

Anyway for my strategy that many people may use most of it but I do a little something extra.I open the app around 7:50. Go into it and look at my fastpasses and just generally use the app for a minute. I then close it out completely and repeat this process twice closing it out for good until 7:59:51.
At exactly 7:59:51 on my iPhone clock app I open the app up and start clicking find out more as soon as I see the box.

Why do I play around in the app? For my phone at least, when I open the app the first couple of times in the morning it takes a lot longer to open. 10-15 seconds longer than normal some times. So I have found that by opening and interacting with it, it seems to “remember” and open faster.

Probably sounds weird but it has snagged a low boarding group twice. One being today when everyone was able to snag them.

Left Boardwalk at 7:00am this morning 17 minute walk(walking with intent but speed walkers were passing us😜). Breezed right through the no bag line. Moved to the right, got in line at 7:20am to enter, scanned through at 7:25. Found a spot near baseline. My son was the only one who showed up in our list of people. Grabbed his BG 25 and immediately headed for help. Didn't have to wait and the CM put my DH and myself into the boarding group. When we were leaving the line we heard a family of 5 trying to figure out why they only got a bg for 4. We told them to head to the guest experience team for help. We were called at 10:15am but used our TOT FP first. Got in line at 11:00, ride went down at 11:15 ( h2o and bananas). We started moving again around 11:45 and were off at 1pm.

We loved the ride! Thanks for all that advice everyone shared!!

Haven't seen an answer to this (that I remember). If our boarding group is called and we are in line for 1.5hrs to do the ride and we miss another fastpass reservation as a result can the GET people do something to get us another FP once we finish riding RotR?

Is there a post somewhere tracking or with info on how long you're typically in line once a BG is called? TP is recommending blocking 130 minutes in line, is that what's actually happening right now? or are they just putting a huge # in there because you can't really know?
On Tuesday we had boarding group 11 and we walked right onto the ride when our group was called. Today we had group 36 and spent almost a full hour in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter