READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly! They told us at 4:30 when we asked that they were closing by 6:30 regardless. I said your open until 8:30, plus extra magic hours and your ride has been down an hour and you are going to close it early??
This is such a bummer. Plenty of time to reset it and make sure all groups were called. This isn't a $20 county fair.

The "better luck next time" mentality is ridiculous. For some people "next time" could be 10 years.

like I've stated all along to me the regular bg number is not really that crucial as most days we are seeing them go into bg 8- and above, so putting emphasis on the regular bg might throw new people off and make them become stressed out because they get a low backup bg number.
That’s fair and I can understand wanting to give people some comfort in knowing that a backup group is not the end of the world.

Probably already covered but make 1000% sure you only have one Disney account per kid. My kids Disney plus accounts have never showed up undertaker friends and family but yesterday I made sure they had their apps and we were all linked. This morning my kids Disney plus accounts showed up and unfortunately those weren’t the ones linked to the bands. I didn’t even realize and hit select all so it was looking for 2 extra kids of mine that don’t exist and it stalled out on the are you sure everyone in your party is in the park part. I finally realized went back out and dropped everyone and tried to get another, and failed. My son however got one for a backup group somehow and not all of us we linked. Regardless we got right in to get a boarding group and would have probably had a low number but that snafu cost us huge. We had 117 and they were cruising all day And should have been on around 4:30-5:00 until it went down. Now they closed off at 108 and we are out of luck.
I'm confused as to what happened, aren't the apps completely separate from each other? Are you saying your MDE app showed the kids Disney + accounts? So the kids showed up twice? I'm sorry you didn't get to ride!

So how bad has Tower been at RD? Our initial plan was to do what we usually do and RD Tower as many times as we can before the line gets > 10 min. (our last trip we did 7x one morning, and 6x another). We won't be there for another 2 months, but, if the current crowds persist, it sounds like we'd only get one ride in at rope drop, and we'd have to be there early and at the front of the pack to avoid a significant wait. So if that's the case, and if Star Tours is as quiet as people are reporting, then I think it makes sense to do what some here have suggested and hop on the "RD Star Tours" strategy, and swap our ST FP plans for a Tower FP. This has the added benefit of making BGs a little more relaxing as we can be sitting somewhere instead of standing at the front of the Sunset Blvd. crowd.
We tapped in around 7:35 am and decided to try to rope drop Tower on Saturday. We waited about 25 min. Hope this helps.

I'm planning to try to get a in boarding group for RotR and I've been tracking the wait times for Millennium Falcon at rope drop. I'll probably be at the back of the pack at rope drop. Does anyone know approximately how long the wait would be in the single-rider line for Millennium Falcon at 8:15? Could anyone who is waiting in the regular line @ 8:15 glance at the single-rider line and report back? TIA.

6:47 Uber from Reunion Resort in Kissimmee
7:12 dropped off at HS (last 10 minutes of the trip was just in the Uber drop off line between the parking booth and drop off point)
7:15 through security
7:24 through tapstile, all of the way to the right, no fingerprint

Sat on a bench next to the door of Brown Derby. There are 5 benches (and a wall opposite you could sit on) and when we first walked up only one was taken.

TMobile. iPhone 11. Data. 2 phones trying on same MDE account.

7:55 Opened app.
8:00:02 Find Out More, Join Boarding Group was Red, BG 10!!

I'm planning to try to get a in boarding group for RotR and I've been tracking the wait times for Millennium Falcon at rope drop. I'll probably be at the back of the pack at rope drop. Does anyone know approximately how long the wait would be in the single-rider line for Millennium Falcon at 8:15? Could anyone who is waiting in the regular line @ 8:15 glance at the single-rider line and report back? TIA.
We were there on 2/17. After getting our BG for RotR we followed a long, snaking line to MFSR. We made it to the entrance at 8:30 and saw the single-rider line. We hopped into it and there were only four people ahead of us. That was a very busy day so I'd say you have nothing to worry about at 8:15.

We hadn't done a ton of research before our trip so we didn't know anything about MFSR, including not knowing that there's a single-rider line. We would have walked right on without following the line if we had known.

I practiced this morning and for the first time ever had one of my sons not show up on my list. It took me back for a second, then I chose the other 3 of us and moved forward, but forgot to take a screen shot (obviously wouldn’t matter today, but for real I would want one). I went back and forth a couple of times, then went ahead and closed the app and he was there whem it reopened at 8:40:50 but it was in backups. Always something new it seems.

in addition, for the first time I tried waiting 3 seconds after 8 until I hit find out more
and I did get the red join boarding group instead of having to go through my status, like I typically have to do when I hit right at 8:00.

I had such trouble with WiFi today. It kept kicking me off. People around me started cheering and I couldn't get back on WiFi. I was in front of launch bay. I eventually made it back in just long enough to see BG 80 pop up. Then no connection again until I went inside launch bay. Man, such a strong connection. Next time I will try from inside here. Let's hope 80 gets called today.

I noticed while practicing this morning that the screen with "My Status" and "Join Boarding Group" buttons next to each other at the bottom switched to saying "Backup Boarding Groups" at some point (I was just glancing up and noticed it as I was hitting "Join Boarding Group" for another round of practicing), but the pop-up alert about backup BGs didn't appear on the next screen until later.

That may account for why some people have reported different times for backup BGs starting. It's possible (even likely) that backups are being initiated for everyone at the same time, but you don't always get the pop-up alert about backups. So, unless you notice on the previous screen that the status changed to backup (I didn't notice it until today because I've been focused at the bottom of the screen to press the "Join Boarding Group" button as fast as possible without taking time to read anything), you may not realize when backups actually began being distributed.

Also, I tried having the app already open this time, and pressing the AT-AT picture at 2 seconds after 8. For the first time, the "Join BG" button was red immediately for me. I'm going to practice using this method a bit more. If it works consistently, I like the idea of not having to try starting the app a few seconds early and hoping it loads correctly.

Another small complication... at about 7:55am, I opened the app and was greeted with a pop-up asking if I liked the app and want to rate it. 🤬 I hope that's not showing up at 8:00am for people who are actually trying to get a BG in the park and have to take an extra second to dismiss it.

Last edited:
Practiced this morning and tapped the AT-AT at 8:00:03 and was immediately into backup groups. No other complications. Tried restarting the whole app and try again and still was in backups at about 8:00:30. That's a little disconcerting with our DHS day this coming Thursday.

I'm confused as to what happened, aren't the apps completely separate from each other? Are you saying your MDE app showed the kids Disney + accounts? So the kids showed up twice? I'm sorry you didn't get to ride!
I had set the kids up in my Disney experience on my own in my app, and linked their bands to that. We decided to give all four of us a shot at getting passes last minute so we downloaded the my Disney experience on their phones. When we registered them we used their own email addresses, which were tied to their Disney plus accounts, which I didn’t even think about. So when they sent me a request to link and I accepted, it added their Disney plus to my account to my family friends list. I didn’t realize that until we were literally in the moment trying to get the passes. My friends family list had two entries for each of my kids, the one I set up and the one tied to their Disney plus account. I only realized it bc their account I set up had no avatar, their Disney plus accounts did and I knew them. I had to go back out and drop the Disney plus entries when trying to get the pass, by the time I did it was too late. We still haven’t figured out how my youngest son got us one. I can’t really explain beyond that. We did everything we were supposed to but it was a mistake on my part setting their apps up the way i did, or i guess maybe the root cause was I could have linked their bands to their Disney plus account somehow from the beginning. The nice girl at guest relations fixed our accounts and giggled and said it happens a lot. She cleaned it all up and linked the bands to their Disney plus account.

First time practicing at home. Opened app at 7:59, clicked on find out more right at 8, no red button. Clicked check status still no red button. Forced shut down and when I clicked back on app it was already in back up groups. Probably less than 30 seconds after 8. Checked again at 8:04 all groups gone.

I'll try again next time I'm up at that time of day. Trip isn't til September so I'm really hoping things improve by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter