• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know this is OT but hope it’s ok to ask. When doing single rider how much time is spent “alone” away from the rest of your party in the single rider line? Do you leave your group and immediately board or is there some time spent in another line after leaving your party? Just wondering how appropriate it would be for a 9 and 12 year old.
My 8 and 11 year old both went on the single rider a few times. My 8 year old went once by himself. The longest they ever were in line was 20 minutes. The shortest, they walked almost right into the area where they load the groups. If you're concerned, you can wait with them and then tell the CM that you don't want to ride after they get boarded. I did that the second time around because of motion sickness. The CM will guide you to the exit door.

Zz
I'm confused as to what happened, aren't the apps completely separate from each other? Are you saying your MDE app showed the kids Disney + accounts? So the kids showed up twice? I'm sorry you didn't get to ride!
Disney sites and apps generally share login accounts.
When you add tickets you're asked if the person already has an account. Saying no, then using the same email and DOB, used for a different Disney account can be a big issue. In effect the person has 2 different accounts but only one account can be accessed.

Really an IT glitch. Disney should automatically use the existing account.

If you have multiple day tickets, like a 4 day ticket situation, you can go on mde, to your ticket, after scanning and see the ticket went from, let's say 4 to 3.
If you have an ap you can go to a GET cm or guest relations before the park opens and make sure you're registered as being inside the park
Took me a second to figure out what you were saying, but after looking at our tickets in MDE, I get it now, thank you! We have 8 tickets and if one person’s hasn’t decreased by one, the same as the others, then we have a problem. Right? Thanks again!

Hi, new here. Been going to WDW for years but this rise stuff is messing up my planning. Over from the UK now and when planning there was no date for Mickeys and we are at DHS on the 4th. Staying at Caribean Beach but the signs say the Skyliner doesn't open till 7.30. I take it I need to get an earlier bus?
I would say "Yes", to be safe. If things go as they have been, you'll still just need to be inside the park by 8am to try for a BG, but it's a mystery as to what impact MMRR opening day will have on crowds going thru the bag check and the tapstiles. Arriving at 7:40 or so may be cutting it too close.

So that’s interesting. Red button at 8, then about 45 seconds later red button gone. Then red button back for backups at 8:01.
I’ve had that happen. I think it means I’m not getting routed to a backup server. I’ve force killed the app in that situation and gotten back in (when backups last longer than a minute).

I thought I quoted someone who asked if people who are seeing backups later were waiting for the pop up (I thought I hit the quote button but must have missed it). I’m timing when the message appears with Estimated Wait, not when a pop up appears. I pretty regularly see it later than others.
Personally I've never used a second watch, i just wait for my phone to turn 8am and hit find out more, have got bg for myself 2 times and for friends and family inside the park 3 times, only one unsuccessful try from home and that was because the person in the park got it faster than me . Ive never waited 3 seconds after 8 either.
I don’t wait 3 seconds either. I do usually have to tap My Status but it is almost always clickable when I do.

I have a question about those people who didn't have to use their fingerprint. Does the CM tell you not to use your finger or does the Mickey head turn green without doing a finger scan? We will be going there some time this week, whenever we feel like getting out of bed early, so I was curious about the finger scan.

I’m a few pages late (as I’m sure you’d understand since I’m in the parks lol), but: it turned green, then I went to put my finger on because it lit up ( I’ve been enough times to know the process) and the CM just told me to keep going and not worry about the fingerprint.

I would say "Yes", to be safe. If things go as they have been, you'll still just need to be inside the park by 8am to try for a BG, but it's a mystery as to what impact MMRR opening day will have on crowds going thru the bag check and the tapstiles. Arriving at 7:40 or so may be cutting it too close.

Thanks so much. Fingers crossed!

The Chart on Post 2 has been updated.

- 114 Boarding Groups were called - 51 Regular and 63 Backups - around an average day for # of Boarding Groups called
- Boarding Groups lasted 5 minutes after park opening
- A second day in a row of a seemingly early end to calling additional Boarding Groups (approx 2 hours before park closing)

Visuals:
# of BGs Called By Type.png

Elapsed time to fill all BGs.png

Do you have to have Disneyland tickets linked in order to practice on the Disneyland app?
Yes I believe so. I've tried on the DL site and immediately get a message saying "please link tickets...."

That's what I thought. I had a similar experience when I tried.

You can't go as far as picking the people, so at dl you go one step less than when you practice with wdw mde
For me anyway, it's the picking of my BG party that I needed to practice because I won't be able to just "select all" with different people showing up on different days. But I think I've got the hang of it at this point.

These last two days are the first time I have felt frustration towards BGs. If you are going to go with BGs you have to push the envelope a bit and be distributing 5-8% more than you believe you are capable of completing in that day. To be stopping the ride around 2 hours early (now back to back nights) is just poor customer service.

I think they should be calling up to an hour till close and those people only get a 30 minute window but hey 30 minutes is better than no window.

These last two days are the first time I have felt frustration towards BGs. If you are going to go with BGs you have to push the envelope a bit and be distributing 5-8% more than you believe you are capable of completing in that day. To be stopping the ride around 2 hours early (now back to back nights) is just poor customer service.

I think they should be calling up to an hour till close and those people only get a 30 minute window but hey 30 minutes is better than no window.
No one here knows why they have stopped earlier these past 2 days. Could it be that they see the ride operating more efficiently if the down time is larger? Could it be they had private tours after closing the bg queue? Could it be they were expecting more issues and released less bg to not annoy or inconvenience people today,? No one knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter