• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the DHS still opened unofficially before the official opening times? This forum is listing the official opening and closing times in post #2- but I do not see an unofficial (actual) opening times in this thread.

Are the DHS still opened unofficially before the official opening times? This forum is listing the official opening and closing times in post #2- but I do not see an unofficial (actual) opening times in this thread.

The tapstyles have been opening around an hour before official park opening - at which point people can fill in the park up until various points (the specifics of which have changed/morphed a bit over time). No rides are open during this period, although if I'm not mistaken it sounds like they have been starting MMRR prior to park opening so far (it just opened this past week).

For the purpose of this thread, it doesn’t matter when people are allowed in the turnstiles or even if MMRR is running earlier. You can’t join a BG until the official opening time.

Quick report and observations from this morning:
this was a very late day decision yesterday to go today so no fp booked in advance
Arrived via car around 6:55am, no traffic at toll plaza, no wait for bag check. The park opened right at 7am, inside the park at 7:10am
main goal was to live stream the rope drop crowds for each of the areas of the park, started on Sunset at 7:15am where they had 2 lines already set up, left for RnRC and right for ToT, maybe 100 people at RnRC and like 30 at the ToT line
moved to MMRR where the line snaked everywhere around centerstage, the wait time was approx 2.5 hours, very organized as well
TSLand queue started by Woody's big statue, everyone going into the land had to be in this line, then they would each go their separate way once the land opened
SGWE crowds (no line formation here) where from the entrance tunnel to Baseline Taphouse, my DD who has opened the land and walked people inside told me the crowds didn't look bad at all and that that amount of crowds was probably an hour wait if you were at the very back, this was around 7:40am
I can say all the lines and crowds were very well managed and control so no fear of running or massive cutting
Walked back toward Min and Bill this time using my DD iphone 6 MetroPCS data (cause I was streaming with my Samsung) she turned off bluetooth, turned off battery saver, closed all apps and gave me the phone so I could show on stream how to grab a bg.
opened app at 7:59 and as soon as the clock turned to 8am I hit "find out more" red join bg button was still grey, so I went back and forward again, red button still not active so hit my status and joined through there, got bg 31. Maybe it's an iphone thing but I have always had the red join bg button active at 8am
Anyways went and met Vader, Chewie and BB8 out of launch Bay by 8:20, tried the green milk bread pudding from Milk Stand (delicious btw) and then went to meet Minnie and Mickey out by 9:15am, that m&g opened at 9am. Our bg was called around 10ish (i forget) but had a 25 min wait in the queue and rode with no issues, lunch at Sci Fi at 11am, back home at 12:30pm.

So based on your observations today what time do you suggest lining up at the turnstiles by in order to rope drop MMRR with no more than a 30-40 minute wait after opening? I was hoping to be at turnstiles by 6:15 for 8a opening but very curious your perspective.

Just a wondering: DW likes to wait in line with me, but doesn't want to ride RotR.

Can she wait in the line and exit as a non-rider without a BG? Or would she need to be part of the BG to ride? Just wondering if she can sleep in or not.

Just a wondering: DW likes to wait in line with me, but doesn't want to ride RotR.

Can she wait in the line and exit as a non-rider without a BG? Or would she need to be part of the BG to ride? Just wondering if she can sleep in or not.
She would have to have a BG to actually get in the line. They wouldn’t have a mechanism for then not letting her ride, so if they allowed that suddenly lots of people without boarding groups would want to just wait in line and not ride, if you get my drift :)

Getting ready to head out from BLT. Daylight Savings Time, let’s gooooo (and fingers crossed the time change doesn’t make anything weird!)

The good times keep rolling in March so far....

- 137 BGs were called - 61 Regular & 76 Backup
- Day 5 of way above-average length of time for all BGs to fill (1 hour and 15 minutes today)

Visuals:

View attachment 479390

View attachment 479391

I feel like these are the good days only because we have lowered our expectations. When I was there in Jan- the last regular Boris g group give out was 167 (‘May have been 166 or 168)- I forget exactly)- but I was in it, and it was well into the mid 100’s. Having a good day and getting to backups was way more impressive then it is now. Am I the only one that believes this ride is still not performing correctly and not delivering on the capacity it needs? I’m not ready to give Disney a pass on this yet. Ps- yes, I still love Disney, yes, I still go several times a year from NJ- but I’m not kidding myself either. The guaranteed BG’s have dropped significantly since Jan.

Got to park and thru bag check at 6:55. Thru tapstyles by 7:15. Now in line to rope drop RnRC. Riding solo today let’s cross fingers for a good BG!

So based on your observations today what time do you suggest lining up at the turnstiles by in order to rope drop MMRR with no more than a 30-40 minute wait after opening? I was hoping to be at turnstiles by 6:15 for 8a opening but very curious your perspective.
Since i wasn't there before 7am i can't honestly tell you what would be a good time to line up for mmrr, 6:15 would obviously be better than 7am but no way to predict at what time you need to be there to have a 30 min wait. I say the earlier you can the better
I feel like these are the good days only because we have lowered our expectations. When I was there in Jan- the last regular Boris g group give out was 167 (‘May have been 166 or 168)- I forget exactly)- but I was in it, and it was well into the mid 100’s. Having a good day and getting to backups was way more impressive then it is now. Am I the only one that believes this ride is still not performing correctly and not delivering on the capacity it needs? I’m not ready to give Disney a pass on this yet. Ps- yes, I still love Disney, yes, I still go several times a year from NJ- but I’m not kidding myself either. The guaranteed BG’s have dropped significantly since Jan.
Remember January had longer hours so more bg were given, the attraction is not operating at capacity yet, also just to make it clear none of the bg are guaranteed, it says so right there on the app from the beginning

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200308-080015_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20200308-080015_Disney World.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Practice from home has worked perfect until yesterday and this morning. Now when I try to select my party I get a “something wrong” message. If I back out and select just myself I can move forward. Force closing the app makes no difference so now I have a new backup strategy. Something to consider if you have the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter