• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying Skyliner (solo & no bags while family sleeps in) experiment this morning from Jamaica.
Official opening is supposed to be 7:30. In line now.
7:25 already loading people FYI
7:27 on board and in the air
7:31 off Skyliner at HS
Through security 7:33
7:40 in park and ready to try for BG.

I walked with no bags to the central Skyliner station (closest to Jamaica) and arrived there at 7:18 this morning. In park 22 minutes later.

YMMV but it was easily possible this morning.
That's good news.

I think it would be more risky in a wheelchair or ecv, since only one can board every 2 minutes. The ride time is also a couple of minutes longer, as you have to wait a minute or so for the cabin to start moving, and it has to move slowly past the entire length of both the load and unload platforms. That would all be doubled from Pop or AoA.

On the flip side, if leaving from Riviera, all cabins heading towards DHS would be empty for the first 10 minutes.

Hi

I’ll be going on Thursday, i will buy a ôe day ticket online with no magic band.
What is the opening time to retreive my tickets? From what i understood the email reservation doesn’t stand as an entrance ticket right?
Will it be possible to retreive my ticket on the morning, queue for the entrance, all that before 8am?

Also i will have to associate my tickets to my app right? Can i do that with only the email?
Cheers

Any feedback ?

Cheers

Any feedback ?

Cheers

In case you missed it...

The ticket windows open one hour before park opening
If you have a ticket number you should be able to do that now and get some fps

To expand, if you have the code from a normal Disney ticket, you should enter it into My Disney Experience and associate it with yourself. This does the association between you and your ticket. If you have any old MagicBands associated to you as well, you could use them. Otherwise, go to the ticket booth, give them the confirmation and they will issue you a card to use.

I would get to the park around an hour before to deal with that and get through security, etc.

Any thoughts as to the differences in duration of BG availability between today and yesterday? Was yesterday emh and bigger crowds? Going back tomorrow and just wondering what to expect.
yesterday was not EMH, the attraction did start loading an hour plus after opening so I am assuming there was some concern during the overnight maintenance or opening checklist procedure

Hi all. Been practicing for over a week now with varying degrees of success. With the exception of yesterday for the most part been successful though. Today had an interesting run. Got off of a phone call at 7:59 and didn’t have time to close out apps, turn off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Just opened the app waited for 8:00:03.Had a successful run then a couple more practices getting boarding groups between 8:01 and 8:20. Only one of those three or four times I got a back up group did the pop-up explaining that as a back up group come up. Any thoughts?

If you only have to traverse the one line of the Skyliner to get to DHS, there's every reason to believe you'll make it in time (barring a lengthy stoppage of the line, of course). The people who are truly cutting it close are those who have to go from Pop/AoA or from the Riviera line (although if I were staying at the Riviera I would totally just walk all the way to the hub and get on there). It's still a bit risky either way, but it's probably a chance I would take at least once if I had a long enough trip to get a second shot if it didn't work out.
This is what I'm worried about. I'd love to take the skyliner vs a bus, but since we're coming from AOA & my sister hasn't ridden it yet, I don't know if it's worth the risk that we won't get in the park in time. We're also only there Saturday & Sunday which are probably busier than the weekdays...

Hi all. Been practicing for over a week now with varying degrees of success. With the exception of yesterday for the most part been successful though. Today had an interesting run. Got off of a phone call at 7:59 and didn’t have time to close out apps, turn off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Just opened the app waited for 8:00:03.Had a successful run then a couple more practices getting boarding groups between 8:01 and 8:20. Only one of those three or four times I got a back up group did the pop-up explaining that as a back up group come up. Any thoughts?

I think that if you've already gotten through as a potential regular boarding group, and just back out and in again, it doesn't necessarily pick up that there are now backup boarding groups and thus doesn't load the pop up. I think that might only come up from a fresh start or at least the app drops the cached status of the boarding groups.

This is what I'm worried about. I'd love to take the skyliner vs a bus, but since we're coming from AOA & my sister hasn't ridden it yet, I don't know if it's worth the risk that we won't get in the park in time. We're also only there Saturday & Sunday which are probably busier than the weekdays...
You can always ride it back to AoA at the end of the day. Each person must decide for themselves but for myself I'd bus it the mornings I'm trying to get a BG. I'd be too stressed taking the Skyliner. And, being honest it's not the Skyliner portion that would stress me out but it would be the unknown of Security and Park Entrance tap lines that would have me more stressed. I always seem to choose the line that moves the slowest.

I have a large group (10). Adults, children and grand parents. Does anyone know if everyone that successfully gets a boarding group must return together to ride ROTR.? Or will the system allow for just some of the boarding group to return? Unpredictable things can happen. Thanks.

I have a large group (10). Adults, children and grand parents. Does anyone know if everyone that successfully gets a boarding group must return together to ride ROTR.? Or will the system allow for just some of the boarding group to return? Unpredictable things can happen.
You don't all have to ride. When your group is called you go to the ride and they scan each rider's ticket or magic band. Riders with a valid boarding group are allowed through. This is checked on an individual basis, not a group basis. Say there are three people in your group. Two of you go to the ride when called. One scans their ticket and is allowed through. The second scans and is allowed through. They don't stop you and say "Where's the third person?" The third person can show up later, as long as they're still within the boarding window for the group, or they can skip it.

You don't all have to ride. When your group is called you go to the ride and they scan each rider's ticket or magic band. Riders with a valid boarding group are allowed through. This is checked on an individual basis, not a group basis. Say there are three people in your group. Two of you go to the ride when called. One scans their ticket and is allowed through. The second scans and is allowed through. They don't stop you and say "Where's the third person?" The third person can show up later, as long as they're still within the boarding window for the group, or they can skip it.
in short, it's just like scanning a fp

in short, it's just like scanning a fp
So, if we have family who can't arrive to the park early (which means they won't be able to get a BG), would we be able to loan them MBs and they ride in our place?

I'm certain that I'll want to ride again, but if we've already ridden earlier in the week, and it means the difference of them not getting to ride at all, I'd be willing to give up my spot for them.

Since the MB is presumably the only form of "ID" required, as long as the BG is associated with that MB, it should be feasible to do this, correct?

So, if we have family who can't arrive to the park early (which means they won't be able to get a BG), would we be able to loan them MBs and they ride in our place?

I'm certain that I'll want to ride again, but if we've already ridden earlier in the week, and it means the difference of them not getting to ride at all, I'd be willing to give up my spot for them.

Since the MB is presumably the only form of "ID" required, as long as the BG is associated with that MB, it should be feasible to do this, correct?
correct
They are not checking the name of the MB to your name when you enter, just like a fp

I think that if you've already gotten through as a potential regular boarding group, and just back out and in again, it doesn't necessarily pick up that there are now backup boarding groups and thus doesn't load the pop up. I think that might only come up from a fresh start or at least the app drops the cached status of the boarding groups.
Thanks for that info. That makes perfect sense. I am far from the most tech savvy person in the world and find myself doubting every move I make.It’s to the point where I find myself checking this thread three times a day now. Just trying to make sure I’ve got all my bases covered for our visit next week. Thanks again to all

In case you missed it...

To expand, if you have the code from a normal Disney ticket, you should enter it into My Disney Experience and associate it with yourself. This does the association between you and your ticket. If you have any old MagicBands associated to you as well, you could use them. Otherwise, go to the ticket booth, give them the confirmation and they will issue you a card to use.

I would get to the park around an hour before to deal with that and get through security, etc.

I did miss it, thanks for sharing it.

Last question to be ready for tomorrow, i will be staying in an hotel outside of disney world, i will be taking a Lyft, at what time should i leave since my hotel is 30min away from HS and i have to retreive my ticket and queue to enter (probably with a bag)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter