• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
so how did it turn out?

BG 8! Thanks again to everyone. DW and I were on AT&T data with iPhone 11s. DS13 used WiFi on an iPhone 6s. All had good signals at the entrance of Star Tours. DS13 has the app open and waited until 8:00:03 to hit find out more. No red button but clicking my status worked. I waited until 7:59:58 to launch the app and also had to use my status. DW waited until 8:00:00 to launch the app and had a red button. DS13 and I were neck and neck but I got through first. The ladies I helped got 50, the group in front of us got 32, and the group behind the two ladies got 33. I think it definitely helped to practice as I went right through without reading anything or stopping to think about what I needed to do, but even those around us that hadn’t practiced had good success. Our BG was called at 8:10 while we were on Star Tours. 1 hour to return. We rode ST twice then went to SWGE to get in line. In line at 8:47, had about a 20 minute breakdown where we were given water, and boarded at 9:45. Off at 10:05. Amazing ride and experience. Kids are having a blast and I feel like quite the hero getting such a low group.

I did miss it, thanks for sharing it.

Last question to be ready for tomorrow, i will be staying in an hotel outside of disney world, i will be taking a Lyft, at what time should i leave since my hotel is 30min away from HS and i have to retreive my ticket and queue to enter (probably with a bag)?
Plan to be at the park by 7am

Cool. Now we have to be lucky enough to score BGs on both days and I'll need to overcome my own greed, selfishness, and desire to ride again!!!! :rotfl2:
after your first ride we'll see ;)
I haven't even been on it, but as a LONG time Star Wars fan (saw the original in the theater in 1977), I already know it will take every ounce of willpower to be that generous. I'm hoping our other family members can make it pre-RD so that we're all in the BG and this becomes a moot point.

I haven't even been on it, but as a LONG time Star Wars fan (saw the original in the theater in 1977), I already know it will take every ounce of willpower to be that generous. I'm hoping our other family members can make it pre-RD so that we're all in the BG and this becomes a moot point.
I say tell them to get there before park opens and get their own boarding group, but I guess I'm just mean like that! If I'm there I want to ride, the only people I think I might let ride instead of me are my kids, and since they are young and do what I say :P, they will be there with me anyway!

Well, I have ridden it. And if my family couldn’t get their lazy behinds out of bed and to rope drop, my response to them would be that if you snooze, you lose. :banana: See you when I get off the ride.:rotfl:

I gotta tell you, you ARE going to want to go on it again and again and again. Even if you weren't a Star Wars fan. If you're a Disney imagineering fan that would be enough. The experience is unparalleled at WDW.

I gotta tell you, you ARE going to want to go on it again and again and again. Even if you weren't a Star Wars fan. If you're a Disney imagineering fan that would be enough. The experience is unparalleled at WDW.
I'm 68 days away from my first attempt at a BG. getting super antsy. haha. I watched a ride-through of MMRR, but I haven't watched RotR. Waiting for the in person experience!

If you only have to traverse the one line of the Skyliner to get to DHS, there's every reason to believe you'll make it in time (barring a lengthy stoppage of the line, of course). The people who are truly cutting it close are those who have to go from Pop/AoA or from the Riviera line (although if I were staying at the Riviera I would totally just walk all the way to the hub and get on there). It's still a bit risky either way, but it's probably a chance I would take at least once if I had a long enough trip to get a second shot if it didn't work out.

we just did the skyliner from the riveria- we weren’t rope dropping anything. Made it in the park by 7:47. Yes if there was a stoppage we would have been in trouble. We debated walking to the hub but we were lazy.

we just did the skyliner from the riveria- we weren’t rope dropping anything. Made it in the park by 7:47. Yes if there was a stoppage we would have been in trouble. We debated walking to the hub but we were lazy.

We're giving it 3 tries at HS next week, staying at the Riviera. If we get in on our first try, we'll give the skyliner a shot just to see how it goes. I do wish they'd open earlier. Just half an hour would make it a much more viable way to get to HS at opening.

We're giving it 3 tries at HS next week, staying at the Riviera. If we get in on our first try, we'll give the skyliner a shot just to see how it goes. I do wish they'd open earlier. Just half an hour would make it a much more viable way to get to HS at opening.
yes we tried it on our second try!! I agree, I wish they would open it earlier too. I asked them why and they looked at me like I had 7 heads...

I was wondering what area of the park between 7:30am and 8:00am would be considered "less" crowded (maybe even "not" crowded). We were originally going to try to RD MFSR but given the current state of things, I think we'll not bother to do this and just use our FPs and (hopefully) BG. So we want to enter the park and then just find a place to wait until 8am.

Yes, I realize this might seem silly or even ridiculous given the destination, but we will be there tomorrow and I'm trying to balance our plans and anxiety. Hopefully this isn't OT.

I was wondering what area of the park between 7:30am and 8:00am would be considered "less" crowded (maybe even "not" crowded). We were originally going to try to RD MFSR but given the current state of things, I think we'll not bother to do this and just use our FPs and (hopefully) BG. So we want to enter the park and then just find a place to wait until 8am.

Yes, I realize this might seem silly or even ridiculous given the destination, but we will be there tomorrow and I'm trying to balance our plans and anxiety. Hopefully this isn't OT.

When I was there 2/21 & 2/22, I didn’t arrive until after 7:30am both days. Both were minimal waits at security and tapstyles (just 5-10 people back in both). Crowds all around Hollywood Blvd and Sunset Blvd were quite light. Borderline pleasant. I had run the 5k and 10k on those respective days - after the 10k I was somewhat sensitive to being around others being a sweaty/smelly mess, but with the exception of those few moments in the security and tapstyle lines, I could easily not be close/around others (to the extent you can in a theme park).

Not sure if that helps all that much - just relaying if you’re not doing the rope drop/try to be first on a ride thing, you avoid a lot of the “mega crowds” you see in photos and such.

Animation plaza, by Launch Bay, really empty
Echo Lake close to 50s Prime Time
Backlot Express area
Top of Sunset

Not sure if that helps all that much - just relaying if you’re not doing the rope drop/try to be first on a ride thing, you avoid a lot of the “mega crowds” you see in photos and such.

Animation plaza, by Launch Bay, really empty
Echo Lake close to 50s Prime Time
Backlot Express area
Top of Sunset

Thank you both. This is very helpful.

The easiest way is to check the remaining days of your ticket using the app. For example I had a two day ticket, had already been to MK and after scanning I reopened the app, went to the ticket section and it said "0 days remaining"

Thanks for the response. I have an annual pass so it doesn't show the number of days left. Any other idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter