READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the 2 hour window works out. They are at Epcot now for a 10:40 test track fp. Hopefully they will have time to ride it and then hop on the skyliner to make their boarding pass, loading 34 now so it may be tight 😫

Hopefully the 2 hour window works out. They are at Epcot now for a 10:40 test track fp. Hopefully they will have time to ride it and then hop on the skyliner to make their boarding pass, loading 34 now so it may be tight 😫

They would likely be allowed to tap in a bit early for Test Track - can't remember if it's 5 or 10 minutes that they usually allow (at the discretion of the cm, of course).

First I want to thank yulilin3. I was able to sign up for AP previews for MF and get BPs multiple days for RotR by following her suggestions.
I'm going to respectfully disagree with many of the posts/ideas in this thread. I suspect most posters have, at least once, did online checkin for Southwest at T24, tried to get a hot ticket on Ticketmaster the minute they went on sale or even get a FP or ADR immediately after release. Getting a BP is cake compared to those. "Practice" once will educate you as to what screens you'll see and what to do. Other then that you're basically wasting your time. Almost all days you'll have no issue getting a regular BP, or a backup likely to be called, If there is a glitch with your phone or with Disney practicing will be of little help. Some suggestions, none are really new:
  1. Make sure you have a park hopper. You're likely to want to ride it a second day. You may be unlucky at try one of the glitch days.
  2. Make sure your phone is charged and you don't substantially discharge your battery playing candy crush while waiting for 8a.
  3. Close open apps, particularly important if you have an older phone.
  4. People seem to have better results turning off WiFi and using cellular data.
  5. Occasionally the Disney app will make you log in. Make sure you know your password. Possibly, maybe temporarily, change it to something easy to remember and type. I don't means something like 1234. This applies if you have a longish password with random characters.
  6. If everyone doesn't show up get a BP for whatever guest appears then talk to a GET CM.
  7. Consider ride share.
  8. Are you staying at a resort with multiple stops? At a resort which may share a bus (at least during non-peak times). The bus may fill prior to completing the loop. That early a second bus may not be dispatched quickly. More then one poster staying at Port Orleans had issues when the bus never made the last stops let alone making it to POFQ. That's one reason why rideshare makes a lot of sense. Better to be waiting at DHS, possibly for an attraction, rather then waiting for a bus, hoping you''ll make it to DHS in time.
  9. Some of us need 2 hand to use a phone as fast as possible. If you're in that group put whatever is in your hand down a few minutes before 8.

They would likely be allowed to tap in a bit early for Test Track - can't remember if it's 5 or 10 minutes that they usually allow (at the discretion of the cm, of course).

5 minutes, if allowed (usually in my experience but not always).

We went to Hollywood Studios on Monday. Our Aim ride Rise of the Resistance. We arrived at 6:30 AM. We were in the park a little after seven. The park had many CMS out giving directions. We were on the system ahead of 8:00. We stood in line for CM help just in case. We managed to get in #16 boarding party. We were on in an hour. The park with two new rides is packed. But we accomplished what we Want.

Rise of the Resistance was so much fun. So much going on the attraction that it will stand up to multiple rides. I want to do it again.

First I want to thank yulilin3. I was able to sign up for AP previews for MF and get BPs multiple days for RotR by following her suggestions.
I'm going to respectfully disagree with many of the posts/ideas in this thread. I suspect most posters have, at least once, did online checkin for Southwest at T24, tried to get a hot ticket on Ticketmaster the minute they went on sale or even get a FP or ADR immediately after release. Getting a BP is cake compared to those. "Practice" once will educate you as to what screens you'll see and what to do. Other then that you're basically wasting your time. Almost all days you'll have no issue getting a regular BP, or a backup likely to be called, If there is a glitch with your phone or with Disney practicing will be of little help. Some suggestions, none are really new:
  1. Make sure you have a park hopper. You're likely to want to ride it a second day. You may be unlucky at try one of the glitch days.
  2. Make sure your phone is charged and you don't substantially discharge your battery playing candy crush while waiting for 8a.
  3. Close open apps, particularly important if you have an older phone.
  4. People seem to have better results turning off WiFi and using cellular data.
  5. Occasionally the Disney app will make you log in. Make sure you know your password. Possibly, maybe temporarily, change it to something easy to remember and type. I don't means something like 1234. This applies if you have a longish password with random characters.
  6. If everyone doesn't show up get a BP for whatever guest appears then talk to a GET CM.
  7. Consider ride share.
  8. Are you staying at a resort with multiple stops? At a resort which may share a bus (at least during non-peak times). The bus may fill prior to completing the loop. That early a second bus may not be dispatched quickly. More then one poster staying at Port Orleans had issues when the bus never made the last stops let alone making it to POFQ. That's one reason why rideshare makes a lot of sense. Better to be waiting at DHS, possibly for an attraction, rather then waiting for a bus, hoping you''ll make it to DHS in time.
  9. Some of us need 2 hand to use a phone as fast as possible. If you're in that group put whatever is in your hand down a few minutes before 8.

So, pretty much everything you said is what the conventional wisdom of the thread is. What exactly is your respectful disagreement? I'm glad you were successful on your trip!

So here is my experience:
Party of 3.
Woke up at 5:30a got my daughter and her Bestie up at 6am. Headed to the Bus stop at GDT a little before 6:30a. Staying on the 4th floor so pretty quickly got to the Bus stop which only had 1 couple standing by it apparently their niece was organizing making sure their party got a boarding group told them when to be at the bus stop to get to the park lol. Another couple stops by at this point 2 MK bus has come and gone and it's 6:40 no sign of an HS bus or update on the board so I start looking for lyfts just incase. But at 6:41 I look in the app next bus due to arrive 6:47. Not sure if crowds are lower or only a few people decide to get up early for the park at Coronado but bus was on time had only a few people in it and a few more people came behind us and the 2 couples on the bus from that stop.

Got to Hs and through Bag check by 6:57am
Park opened at 7 on the dot in the park at 7:10am staying to the right no issues except a few people had finger scan delays ahead of us. Daughter and Bestie Decided they wanted to Rope Drop MMRR so decided to do that with every intention that if I didn't have a good signal I would get out the line. Checked to make sure all our tickets were used for the day. Line started moving at 7:45. Shut down everything and restarted at 7:50. In the building at 7:57. I was off wifi on Sprint Data service I have the brand new Samsung galaxy S20 plus. Did a speed test near the building and it was really good. I believe the girls were both on wifi. One had an IPhone Max and the other the Samsung Note 10. I was watching with the seconds on my clock widget and the MDE app minimize. At exactly 8 clicked find out more Join Boarding group was red just as with all my practices at home. Clicked what I needed I got Boarding group 8 my daughter got you are already in a group Bestie was still going through the motions. Text my Boyfriend he didn't even get to try I was so quick lol. Lots of cheering around us saw the person In front of me got like 26 so not too bad. I know a lot of people we heard were making strategies for 8 same as us especially the people right behind us who didn't seem to be happy with their BG.

So Sprint Data was perfect in the MMRR building for me right up to the doors and then it went down a bar or 2 as we got further into the line.

Our boarding group was called at about 8:10 with an hour to return we stayed in line for MMRR and was done with that by 8:40 got to Galaxys Edge by 8:46 off the ride with no issues by 9am or 9:10am in time for our 10:25am Ohana!

I'm really happy with how everything happened this morning all my plans went off without a hitch. Even the girls said it was totally worth it to wake up that early eventhough they grumbled lol Loved Rise a lot great experience and even my girls who are non star wars fans loved it.

Thank you again I know my months of planning stalking here and practicing paid off!

Last edited:
Not sure how AP works BUT I did noticed something when I was there. The app didn't show the changes until I completely closed it. I refreshed several things but the ticket was kept with "1 day remaining" until I closed the app and opened it again. So I would advise you to close the app and reopen once you are scanned and at the point you are going to wait.

And also what yulilin3 said. Quite an expert there :D.

OK. Thanks.

Our experience today. We had planned for tomorrow to be our day, but when the pilot announced we’d land at 630am (30 mins early!) I jokingly said “let’s go straight to the studios”. We decided on our way to our airport (at 4am) to rent a car (instead of ME).

We left MCO and the gps said we’d arrive at 7:45! We were going for it.
We got out of our car at 7:50 with wipes and gel in our pockets, so no bag line.
We went right at tapstiles & DH noticed some had 2 so got in that line. Thru tapstiles and found a spot to stand...looked at our time, 7:57. Whew.

iphones : SE & 8 on Verizon
Forced close everything , WiFi & Bluetooth off
Opened MDE at 7:59:15
Counted a quick 123 at 8:00
JBG not illuminated
Hit My Status, JBG illuminated
BG 20!
The iPhone 8 got it

I about had a heart attack when I opened MDE because it was happy to tell me my room was ready and I had to close several screens!
We did Star Tours with 5 min wait, used our bonus FP (from snafu) for MFSR and walked right on! Literally no one in the entire FP line but us! By the time we got off, our BG had been called. Entered queue at 9am, on ride at 930. Great fun!!!!

thank you all! Now I can sleep in a bit tomorrow!

Our experience today. We had planned for tomorrow to be our day, but when the pilot announced we’d land at 630am (30 mins early!) I jokingly said “let’s go straight to the studios”. We decided on our way to our airport (at 4am) to rent a car (instead of ME).

We left MCO and the gps said we’d arrive at 7:45! We were going for it.
We got out of our car at 7:50 with wipes and gel in our pockets, so no bag line.
We went right at tapstiles & DH noticed some had 2 so got in that line. Thru tapstiles and found a spot to stand...looked at our time, 7:57. Whew.

iphones : SE & 8 on Verizon
Forced close everything , WiFi & Bluetooth off
Opened MDE at 7:59:15
Counted a quick 123 at 8:00
JBG not illuminated
Hit My Status, JBG illuminated
BG 20!
The iPhone 8 got it

I about had a heart attack when I opened MDE because it was happy to tell me my room was ready and I had to close several screens!
We did Star Tours with 5 min wait, used our bonus FP (from snafu) for MFSR and walked right on! Literally no one in the entire FP line but us! By the time we got off, our BG had been called. Entered queue at 9am, on ride at 930. Great fun!!!!

thank you all! Now I can sleep in a bit tomorrow!

:rotfl: Oh that's too funny! And beyond frustrating in the moment, I'm sure. Glad it didn't get in the way of a great BG number!

We got GROUP 8!!
I am at DHS today with my boyfriend on March 12. This was on Verizon data.

Key points
1.) Force close, then have app open just before clock hits 8am
2.) Count to 3 after your phone clock hits 8am
3.) CALMLY press each button and complete each step.

6:35am Got on Lyft from Pop Century
6:45am Dropped off by Lyft at bag check
6:50am In line at gates
7:00am Gates were opened for entry
7:10am Tapped inside DHS and settled on a bench on Sunser Blvd.
7:55am Force closed all apps to maximize my phone memory.
7:59:45am Opened Disney World app
8:00:03am Clicked on AT-AT. Clicked "Join boarding group". Received GROUP 8!!
8:10am Boarding group called - 1 hour window
8:25am Got in line for ROTR
8:35am Began my ROTR adventure
8:55am-ish Off the ride!

Excellent experience all around! Couldn't have done it without the posts here. Thank you everyone, and best of luck to all who will be attempting soon.

So I guess it got to 62 around 2:25 and has been down ever since - going on 3 hours. Hate to see another off day.
Very off day. We were in backup group 59. It shut down after they called 58 and we waited for about 1.5 hours to get back up. They called our group and we got partway through and it shutdown again. We got a fast pass for tomorrow (we asked for it to be moved to tomorrow) and will try again in the morning. They had called 59-62 when we got on and nothing since. The guest assistance worker said it was a very bad day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter