READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a head’s up. . . The people next to us had a group of about 5 people all trying to get a BG. Someone in another group nearby shouted “we got it!,” and the 5 people got all excited, shouting “we got it!” thinking one of them had gotten it, So they stopped trying and when they realized what had happened, it was too late 😥. Nearby CM said they’d seen it happen a few times. Keep trying until you see that you actually have a BG! If someone else in your group gets it first, you will see a message saying that these guests already have a BG. Hopefully, they got one at 2:00 🤞

1).Practice!! practice, practice! I knew I only had about 10 seconds to get a BG, so I set an alarm for 9:58 and 1:58 every day, so I could be ready to practice at home. Closed all of my apps, opened my AtomicClock app, and at 9:59:56, I left the AtomicClock app and opened MDE. Scrolled down to the “Star Wars Rise of the Resistance: Request Access to the Virtual Queue” Bar, tapped that, and got the “Join” button. Tap that when it turns blue, then select your party(I understand that you no longer have to do this step as of about 2 days ago), and tap “join virtual queue”. If you are just practicing from home, it won’t let you actually continue and join because it knows that you aren’t actually in the park.
2. Stay up to date on this discussion group! When changes to the process occur, these guys know about it first! For example, no longer having to select your party . . . If you didn’t know that change was happening, it would be easy to freak out and panic a little, and there is no time for that! 😉 Also, updates to the app are usually posted here. You will also learn what to do if you experience a problem. By October, the park hours will be different, so the queue opening times could change- you want to know that! Knowledge is power in the BG game! 👍
3. Did I mention you should PRACTICE? Lol!! Knowing where the buttons and tabs were, and not having to search was the key for me. Also knowing how long it took my phone to open the app, and for me to get to the “join “ button, helped me know how to be ready right at 10:00, and you HAVE to be ready right on time!!
I think keeping expectations low is good, but you can definitely increase your chances by staying informed and practicing. Also, you still have a chance at 2:00pm if you don’t get one on the morning, so I think your odds are decent! Good luck!!!!!!!!🍀
Yikes that is way too much work for me lol

I practiced once to see how it works now. I don’t think you have to practice that much to get a boarding group. You just have to know where to find it in the app. We got one of the first boarding groups of the day preCOVID without any issues.

Seems to me it is clearly voiced by the moderators that no numbers are official and should not be spoken as so.
Apologies if there was confusion about this. As I stated, these are calculations based on data analysis. I wouldn't bother sharing them if I hadn't tested the accuracy and didn't have high confidence in them. Fortunately, while the ride ran into some trouble today, it did well enough that my work can speak for itself, as BG 112 has just been called. A couple off, but not bad.

Anyone else having iphone 6 issues again? It seemed to be fixed but now again my boyfriend's app is closing out on him when he clicks on the boarding group page.

According to my calculations, beep boop boop, only 40 groups were given out this morning. This is not as bad as the day the ride never opened (for which my calculations said 33), but still indicates there may be at least a 30-60 minute delay in opening.
Also, for those wondering just how accurate these numbers are, I've posted about them on this thread for the past 4 days. The first day I was off by 3 (said 98, was 101), the next two days I was spot on (95 and 105), and yesterday I was off by 2 (said 110, was 112).
There are two pieces of good news in this. One, the ride has called all distributed BGs in the past 4 days, which is amazing, because it's allowed me to see how accurate my projections are, and of course, it's let more people get to ride. And two, the days I have been off by a few have been due to what appears to be Disney shifting into higher gears and call things at faster rates. They broke two established rules yesterday that allowed for 111 and 112. Today may be on the disappointing side, but otherwise, things have been running extremely well lately. Let's now just hope they overcome the issues going on today!

but still indicates there may be at least a 30-60 minute delay in opening.

Wow, you nailed that, because the CMs at the attraction started telling guests around 11 AM that they had initially planned for a 60 minute delay prior to releasing groups this morning. They did not say why, but clearly they experienced issues during the pre-opening test runs. They later said they were now shooting for a 12:30 open, so the anticipated delay has taken longer than initially expected and I suspect they should have released even fewer groups at 10. I hope they get it up and running soon!

It says boarding groups 1-6 now in the app.
Man, just following this attraction for a week and it is so up and down.

I'll be there tomorrow...hopefully whatever they addressed with today's delay will make tomorrow better...

BG1 is in the house. Without causing spoilers, CMs saying the issue today was with one of the hydraulic lifts. I have no idea if this has been one of the culprits in the past or if this is a new malady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter