• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn’t get a boarding group! Grrr. It kept asking if we’re were all in the park, which the 2 of us were. Any ideas how to get this fixed before 2pm?

Also people behind us said all iPhones they were using had the same problem but one with an android did not.

Same. Kept saying we weren't in the park so we didn't get any. Some people said one person in their party got a boarding group, which I guess those lucky people will get the rest of their party added. Wonder if there will be any drop at two since they will add all those

Also a cast member was telling people not to bother waiting in the guest assistance line as they didn't know what the problem was

My experience from last week.

9/6 - My wife got backup boarding group 60, which seemed to be the first available group at the 2PM drop. Managed to ride with no issues.

9/9 - I got boarding group 5. Headed straight to Rise. It broke down (apparently for a dropped hat) around 10:20 while we were in the first room. Issued a fastpass for Rise and multi-experience pass. Came back around 40 minutes later and walked straight back into the first room.

I feel very lucky that I was able to ride it twice.

See if there's some place to get a drink?! We got out of guest assistance line but will try before the two pm drop. Not sure there's anything to be done for us since we didn't get any boarding group

When I practice at home since you can't actually complete the process because none of your guests are in the park, how do I know if I would have gotten a BG? Usually the first time I try right at 10am it takes me to as far as my party and then I can't go any further. Then I try again right away just for practice and a red banner comes up across the bottom saying that groups are full. Does getting to my party the first time I try mean if we had been there we'd have gotten a BG or is there another step you can't practice since you're not in the park? I hope this makes sense.

Also, the first day I set my alarm to practice I was so confused at 10am went I clicked...then I realized we're an hour off from Florida so I actually have to do it at 9am and 1pm! :)

Thanks in advance for the help!
If you clicked on "Join" at the bottom of the screen and you get a "Not so Fast" message asking if everyone is in the park, then you would have gotten a BG.

If you get the red message at the bottom saying that BGs are full, you would not have gotten one.

Strange. Practicing from home, BGs seemed to last a full 45 seconds. Maybe because folks in the park were experiencing a glitch, so BGs lasted a little bit longer?

My experience at home today was I did not show up initially (my two other family members did). This was after it took maybe 10 seconds to load them. I completely closed the app, went back into Virtual Queues. We all showed up this time and I got the appropriate not in park message.

Same. Kept saying we weren't in the park so we didn't get any. Some people said one person in their party got a boarding group, which I guess those lucky people will get the rest of their party added. Wonder if there will be any drop at two since they will add all those
You might also want to check your iPhone Location settings in general and also for MDE (aka Disney World app). Go to Settings: Privacy: Location Services needs to be "On".

Go back to Settings: scroll all the way down to the Disney World app (MDE) and verify that you have Location "On" or "While Using".

Dave

We just circled back to guest experience. They had to scan our bands and reset or something. There were several CMs all standing there with their ipads all doing it for everybody, basically the whole park. They did offer us a fast pass. We chose MMRR and it's for any time today. I'm sure everyone also choose a fp for MMRR

We just circled back to guest experience. They had to scan our bands and reset or something. There were several CMs all standing there with their ipads all doing it for everybody, basically the whole park. They did offer us a fast pass. We chose MMRR and it's for any time today. I'm sure everyone also choose a fp for MMRR
Ditto for us. They also the problem was fixed. We’ll see.

It went very fast. I do t think there were many left. Sucks, no joy today. Might have to change plans if I want to try again another day.

Here today too. So frustrating! Had the “not in the park” error this morning and then couldn’t get it at 2 either. Tons of practicing at home could not overcome IT issues in the park. We are so disappointed! Will try to change plans for another day but really have no faith in this process. Saw lots of nastiness toward the CMs. I get it- everyone is super frustrated but it isn’t their fault! We are making the best of a disappointing day...

Sorry for asking something that I’m sure has been asked many times before...
Can you join a boarding group from the app? I see the option on the main screen, would I just hit “join” and it will add me to a group? Or do I have to actually log on to the website?

Sorry for asking something that I’m sure has been asked many times before...
Can you join a boarding group from the app? I see the option on the main screen, would I just hit “join” and it will add me to a group? Or do I have to actually log on to the website?
Merged you to the existing thread
Read post 1 ands 2 and then the last couple of pages for recent reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter