READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mde ap is not working ,.I dont see park reservations and my hotel reservation. I lam leaving monday for disney. I trued to enter all the info from the website and the ap states tech problems

The mde ap is not working ,.I dont see park reservations and my hotel reservation. I lam leaving monday for disney. I trued to enter all the info from the website and the ap states tech problems

Maybe they were making "magical enhancements" while everybody was trick or treating lol

My app currently is working & shows my park passes + hotel reservation.
Did you try uninstalling & reinstalling ?

Is it crashing when you log in and then not showing any of your plans, family & friends list, or avatar ("Unfortunately, Disney World has stopped")? Mine started doing this about 1.5 weeks ago and I finally got it fixed by calling Disney Tech Support.

I practiced this morn with location services on and would have been successful if I had been in park so who knows. Glad other people get to test it out before I get there

this week tried two different days got boarding group 5. And 46. With group 5 walked right on when it opened which was awesome. With 46 got called at 116. We were eating had until 216 to return. We returned at about 145. And ride went down right as we were about to board lol. They gave us passes to return so hopefully the ride comes back up today. The plexiglass dividers are allowing more people to ride we rode with another group and thought it was fine. From what I’ve heard while here I think they are changing where you can get boarding groups from ie: outside of the park no clue how this will work

this week tried two different days got boarding group 5. And 46. With group 5 walked right on when it opened which was awesome. With 46 got called at 116. We were eating had until 216 to return. We returned at about 145. And ride went down right as we were about to board lol. They gave us passes to return so hopefully the ride comes back up today. The plexiglass dividers are allowing more people to ride we rode with another group and thought it was fine. From what I’ve heard while here I think they are changing where you can get boarding groups from ie: outside of the park no clue how this will work
The new boarding pass procedure was announced this week.

Getting back up to speed for our Thanksgiving trip that was rescheduled from Spring Break. The posts here are helpful as they were last winter - when we were one of those who got the fluke BG from home! Thanks!

Hitting join and join is clear to me - though I see things change again 11/3. Hopefully this is just switching folks who are tapped in for folks who have a park pass. But it isn’t clear to me how people begin. Last winter clicking join at precisely the right time was advised and refreshing the screen was not advised.

All Apps closed
WiFi off (if Ping suggests data is better on your phone)
GPS off for some, on for others - unclear it matters
At 5 -10 minutes prior Have everyone open app and look at reservations to ensure you are all logged in properly to same MDE account
Close app
Open app at what time?
Start from what screen at 10:00:00 or 9:59:55?

THANKS!

Of course, we boarded the ride (which is 4 mins & 30 secs long BTW) @ 9:56 so we were on the ride (toward the end during a particularly bumpy part lol) when the clock turned 10:00--but we had all been researching & practicing like crazy for days*** and managed to get BG 7! The family in the car behind us also got one, not sure what group. We all went bananas for the last 1-2 mins of the ride, I don't even remember the ending! 🤪FYI all 4 of us in my group (me, my hubby & our 2 kids) had 4 bars on our phones for the whole ride. Interestingly, while we were outside in the queue, the bars kept changing up & down from 2-3-4. So actually better for all of us inside the ride! Two of us used the Dis wifi & two of us used cell data, just to try both efforts evenly. My 14-yr old daughter was the one who got the BP using data. Got off the ride @ 10:02, went over to GE, our BG was called, & we basically walked on ROTR.
I had no issues. They were gone in about 5 seconds or less.
I've had mixed results in the past weeks, but success from home this morning when practicing.

Getting back up to speed for our Thanksgiving trip that was rescheduled from Spring Break. The posts here are helpful as they were last winter - when we were one of those who got the fluke BG from home! Thanks!

Hitting join and join is clear to me - though I see things change again 11/3. Hopefully this is just switching folks who are tapped in for folks who have a park pass. But it isn’t clear to me how people begin. Last winter clicking join at precisely the right time was advised and refreshing the screen was not advised.

All Apps closed
WiFi off (if Ping suggests data is better on your phone)
GPS off for some, on for others - unclear it matters
At 5 -10 minutes prior Have everyone open app and look at reservations to ensure you are all logged in properly to same MDE account
Close app
Open app at what time?
Start from what screen at 10:00:00 or 9:59:55?

THANKS!
they way I've done it and it's always worked for me is I open the app at around 3 minutes before the time, remember now it won't be 10am it will be 7am or 2pm
and then I don't hit join off of the main page until my phone clock turns

they way I've done it and it's always worked for me is I open the app at around 3 minutes before the time, remember now it won't be 10am it will be 7am or 2pm
and then I don't hit join off of the main page until my phone clock turns
Oh interesting, so it's not "refresh the 'Join Virtual Queue' page right at 10am, but actually stay a page back and hit "Join Virtual Queue" from the "My Queues" page?

That's how i do it. Join from the main page
Just so I'm clear (sorry... want to make sure I do this right) you're not even in the "Join Virtual Queue" page, you're at the "main" page of the entire app, correct? Just scrolling down for the window item on RotR? Thx again.

Just so I'm clear (sorry... want to make sure I do this right) you're not even in the "Join Virtual Queue" page, you're at the "main" page of the entire app, correct? Just scrolling down for the window item on RotR? Thx again.
Main page

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201102-101915_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20201102-101915_Disney World.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 49
Sooooo DH and I will be there on Saturday. I'm still trying to figure out if it's better for me to delete our DS and his friend out of my friends & family group as they will not be with us. I don't want any snags or hiccups when the clock strikes. I had been encouraged that I wouldn't have to do that when I read recently than when in the park the app seemed to just KNOW who was there. Now who knows what will happen from outside the park? I don't want to waste precious seconds when I'm trying to do this. I tried "practicing" a few times last week & I "THINK" I was about 50/50 on my success. Thoughts? WWYD? I'm so freaking nervous about the whole thing... :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter