READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also Yulilin3 for that weekend it's one of the first weekends where the park will be opening at 9am in a while. I'm staying at CBR, do you still think ubering to the speedway is the best bet or would the skyliner be alright? I figured the extra hour and folks cancelling when they don't get BGs will help wait times that it won't be as necessary to try and push getting an uber almost immediately after acquiring the BG.

Also Yulilin3 for that weekend it's one of the first weekends where the park will be opening at 9am in a while. I'm staying at CBR, do you still think ubering to the speedway is the best bet or would the skyliner be alright? I figured the extra hour and folks cancelling when they don't get BGs will help wait times that it won't be as necessary to try and push getting an uber almost immediately after acquiring the BG.
I really don't know, we haven't had enough skyliner reports with this new process. But since you are already at CBR I think you should be fine if you line up early. I have wanted to video the process at the CBR hub but since they don't let you park unless you have a dining reservation or are staying at the resort it's impossible for me to do so
I also think more folks will use the bus from AoA, like people from Pop walking over there instead of the skyliner so that might alleviate the traffic at the hub

Y'all. I did it. I actually DID IT! :yay:I got boarding group 33 for us today. I'm so excited!!!! It's my son's 5th birthday today and this is absolutely perfect. I can't thank you all enough. If it wasn't for the disboards I'm not sure I would know what or when or how to do it. Here we go!!!!! :cloud9:

8 days till I attempt this for real, 11/13 from the comfort of CCV. I am hopeful that our party of 6 will all be pre-selected , and goes well. But if not,
baby yoda is gonna have some 'splainin to do.

My biggest fear is only some of us will be pre-selected, despite all having park reservations. Three of six have AP's, the others are LoS where the tix
haven't been used yet. I hope it's just the park reservation that's the gating item (which ensures tix anyhoo....).

Better yet, I blame Chapek. If we don't get one that day, I may consider re-arranging another DHS day to increase our odds the following week.
We have two other days 11/18 & 20 for DHS (walk from BCV) , so I'm hopeful we get at least 2 experiences in .

Last edited by a moderator:

from the "here and just back thread"
https://www.disboards.com/threads/here-now-just-back-wdw-reopening-experiences.3807247/post-62445075

about 20 minute experience, but the folks at RotR tell guests to give priority to DD or Savi's ressies as those are hard to come by
Thanks! I was surprised when you recommended she go to her Savi's reservation first but knew you would have a good reason to recommend that. Thanks for all the info and tips you share here @yulilin3!!

that's not how the system works, once you book a bg it's gone, it doesn't go back into the pool if you cancel

I didn't realize this, thanks. Why do they give you the option to do it, then, I wonder? The option is to remove a member of the party, not exactly cancel the BG, but the effect is the same, if you remove everyone. Very curious!

I didn't realize this, thanks. Why do they give you the option to do it, then, I wonder? The option is to remove a member of the party, not exactly cancel the BG, but the effect is the same, if you remove everyone. Very curious!
one of those I.T. Disney mysteries :D

Wonder how long it took for the BG’s to be filled this morning.
I opened the app just prior to 7 a.m. this morning to see what the process looks like now since it's been a few months and we go on Sunday. I got through to the "You don't have a park reservation" message right away and when I backed out and looked again, they were full. I'd guestimate maybe 15-20 seconds??

I opened the app just prior to 7 a.m. this morning to see what the process looks like now since it's been a few months and we go on Sunday. I got through to the "You don't have a park reservation" message right away and when I backed out and looked again, they were full. I'd guestimate maybe 15-20 seconds??
Thanks

Out of curiosity... if you have two people in a family of four both trying to book BGs for their family at the same time (which it sounds like Disney advises against, but everyone does), what happens if you both get through? Are you assigned two sets of boarding groups, and you just pick the best one? Does it give you an error once they find that your party already has a boarding group? Do you have to "confirm" your boarding group so you can just choose one at that time? Thanks.

Out of curiosity... if you have two people in a family of four both trying to book BGs for their family at the same time (which it sounds like Disney advises against, but everyone does), what happens if you both get through? Are you assigned two sets of boarding groups, and you just pick the best one? Does it give you an error once they find that your party already has a boarding group? Do you have to "confirm" your boarding group so you can just choose one at that time? Thanks.
you both won't get through, one gets through the other will get an error message

you both won't get through, one gets through the other will get an error message
Makes sense. Thanks!

And I assume none of that has changed with the new booking methodology? My wife and I are both still good to try for our BGs when we're there in a couple weeks?

previous post: I did have notifications on but did not receive any emails indicating that the procedure had changed. I think it’s because of some IT error they made when they had to clear my account because I had been to the parks too many times (I don’t believe that reason since I only started visiting once or twice a year since 2013 but that’s what I was told). I don’t get Disney visa offer emails and I can’t save a card to my profile eve since they cleared my account. At home I was always faster than my husband I’m getting to the ‘not in the park’ screen, so there is an issue with iPhones and At&t with this change to 7 am groups. It was much less stressful doing this from the resort (vs in park) and I had cancelled Oga’s to free up our day incase we had to change parks today.

We got a notification at 9:45 am that our group has been called. That’s when we boarded the bus to Hollywood studios. The buses from Animal kingdom lodge-Kidani are running very slow and they couldn’t board everyone so I would factor that into your plans. We have until 10:45 am to ride. Got to the back of the park by 10:20 am. It would be slightly quicker if you don’t have bags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter