READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to be clear, you sit on the first screen until 7AM (the screen with the ATAT's on it)? So, in theory, you're clicking JOIN 3 times?
Now you got me thinking, from my own screenshotS it's 3 times, quickly

Last edited:
Follow up on the white screen issue I had last weekend with both Rise of the Resistance BGs and mobile ordering - saw on a FB group that someone else was having the same issue and was informed by Guest Relations that the app will no longer work for these functions on the iPhone 6, which is what I have. Luckily I’m upgrading to a 12 soon, but not sure how this is going to work when so many things now at the parks require the app.

So excited! Got BG 8 this morning. Thanks for all the tips. Here are my details in the event it’s helpful for someone else. We are at AKL, best service signal for me was on the balcony so I sat out there. Used data not WiFi and have an iPhone XR. Counted to 60 at 6:59, right at 7 the “join” turned blue on main screen without having to refresh, my party was already selected automatically.

I completely forgot to screenshot the process yesterday, here's today
View attachment 537021

I opened the app at 6:55 and stayed there without touching anything. If you're phone goes to sleep either change the time frame for the sleep mode or move the page up and down so the phone doesn't goi to sleep
View attachment 537022

At 7am i hitbthe join button from the main page and got the selected people in my party, since i don't have a reservation for today it only selected me, but if anyone in my party had reservations thre would ne pre selected. You hit this second join button without waiting a second, so it's join on main page and join on second
View attachment 537025
Because i wasted seconds grabbing these screenshots i got this message
View attachment 537026
If i would've not stopped to screenshot it would say that my party wasn't in the park because i don't have a reservation . If you're practicing at home and get the "your party is not here" message that means that If you had reservations you would've gotten a bg
So there isn’t a way to set your party before 7:00?
I tried practicing this morning just for myself (in order to not waste time picking party). And it seems like it was full in seconds. I got the message the boarding groups were full. I quickly click join again and it told me I disnt have park reservation. So would I hav gotten in either of those times?

So there isn’t a way to set your party before 7:00?
I tried practicing this morning just for myself (in order to not waste time picking party). And it seems like it was full in seconds. I got the message the boarding groups were full. I quickly click join again and it told me I disnt have park reservation. So would I hav gotten in either of those times?
they now pre select the people that have a DHS park reservation so you don't have to select, it's a quick 3 join tap, practiced again this morning and got through fine, they do go in less than 5 seconds but it's enough time, if you read back a couple of pages you will see that maybe 99% of the people following this thread are succesfull
If you can practice again at 2pm and just hit the join buttons quickly and you'll get through

... they do go in less than 5 seconds but it's enough time...
It seemed like BGs were lasting 8-10 seconds previously. Has the switch to 7am and not needing to be scanned into the park shaved even more time off or are these all just rough estimates?

I was successful practicing at home and also got a BG both days we were in the park last month, but if BGs are going in 5 seconds now, I might have to be even faster (and, of course, it's really just a matter of luck if my phone is fast enough that day, because I've gotten the process down to clicking within nanoseconds of the buttons becoming active).

Our next visit isn't until March, so I'm not going to bother practicing again until it gets closer to time (who knows, the process may change 2-3 times more by then). I just hope when we go, it's not even HARDER to get a BG than it already was!

It seemed like BGs were lasting 8-10 seconds previously. Has the switch to 7am and not needing to be scanned into the park shaved even more time off or are these all just rough estimates?

I was successful practicing at home and also got a BG both days we were in the park last month, but if BGs are going in 5 seconds now, I might have to be even faster (and, of course, it's really just a matter of luck if my phone is fast enough that day, because I've gotten the process down to clicking within nanoseconds of the buttons becoming active).

Our next visit isn't until March, so I'm not going to bother practicing again until it gets closer to time (who knows, the process may change 2-3 times more by then). I just hope when we go, it's not even HARDER to get a BG than it already was!
Since they switched to automatically checking people on your list it's gone faster
It's not harder you just have to tap join as fast as it pops up

Since they switched to automatically checking people on your list it's gone faster
Yes, that's what sped the process up! was forgetting that shaved off several seconds.

I was really hoping that more seats available with the plexiglass would allow a bit longer timeframe, but that didn't really seem to help at all.

Yes, that's what sped the process up! was forgetting that shaved off several seconds.

I was really hoping that more seats available with the plexiglass would allow a bit longer timeframe, but that didn't really seem to help at all.
they jumped from around 90-100 bg a day to about 120-130 a day. Once we get longer hours that will make a bigger difference

Now you got me thinking, from my own screenshotS it's 3 times, quickly
I practiced today, and did not ever get the first screen with the ATATs, had to do the Refresh, Join, Join route. I believe I would have gotten a BG since it took me to the "Uh-Oh you don't have park ressies" page (then tried it right after and got the "BG all gone" page).

My question is about the ATAT page - does that automatically pop up on your phone when you start the process of joining a virtual que? Mine is different (looked like this screen shot right up until I hit refresh at 7AM). Am I doing something wrong? I fear that if I hit Refresh, Join, Join again I may not be as lucky since you said it's longer to hit the Refresh first.

IMG_71321694EE22-1.jpeg

I practiced today, and did not ever get the first screen with the ATATs, had to do the Refresh, Join, Join route. I believe I would have gotten a BG since it took me to the "Uh-Oh you don't have park ressies" page (then tried it right after and got the "BG all gone" page).

My question is about the ATAT page - does that automatically pop up on your phone when you start the process of joining a virtual que? Mine is different (looked like this screen shot right up until I hit refresh at 7AM). Am I doing something wrong? I fear that if I hit Refresh, Join, Join again I may not be as lucky since you said it's longer to hit the Refresh first.

View attachment 537732
the AT AT page is the one on the front page when I open the app
I just hit join when my clock turns to 7 or 2
Screenshot_20201111-095319_Disney World.jpg

I got BGs with party pre-selected. It seemed slightly longer than 5 seconds (more like an eternity), but I probably was actually through in 3-5 seconds and didn't realize just how fast I got through.

Practice, practice, practice.

I have to assume there are plenty of people in the parks who haven't practiced and if they're taking even a few seconds to read what the screen says instead of knowing before they appear where the buttons will be and just smashing join, join, join as fast as possible, those folks are going to be out of luck every time.

It seems like, if you've practiced, the main hurdle is if you're phone/app glitches or is running slow that day.

I got BGs with party pre-selected. It seemed slightly longer than 5 seconds (more like an eternity), but I probably was actually through in 3-5 seconds and didn't realize just how fast I got through.

Practice, practice, practice.

I have to assume there are plenty of people in the parks who haven't practiced and if they're taking even a few seconds to read what the screen says instead of knowing before they appear where the buttons will be and just smashing join, join, join as fast as possible, those folks are going to be out of luck every time.

It seems like, if you've practiced, the main hurdle is if you're phone/app glitches or is running slow that day.
It's sounds fast, 5 seconds, but go on your stopwatch and actually just look at what 5 seconds feel like and then think you only have to click 3 buttons in that time, obviously a slow phone/ connection will mess you up

I've been successful each time I've practiced from home the past week or so. I have the newest iPhone so I'm sure that helps. My son practiced on his iPod touch but even though it's also the newest version, it went a second or so slower than my phone to get the pages to load. Seems like the device you're using really matters here. (Which is kinda lame for some folks, not everyone has the nicest phone out there- I'm just a tech junkie)

I imagine cell service is pretty good at the resort hotels? Will this vary much between your hotel room vs. being in line for the skyliner? I imagine having more people around you might slow it down which makes me think we should just do it in the room and then head to the skyliner. Our first HS day is Saturday and they open at 9AM so trying to decide what would be best. And is the common consensus still that having location/bluetooth enabled doesn't matter?

It's sounds fast, 5 seconds, but go on your stopwatch and actually just look at what 5 seconds feel like and then think you only have to click 3 buttons in that time, obviously a slow phone/ connection will mess you up
The fact that we have to worry about a slow/phone or connection and pushing buttons within FIVE seconds to POSSIBLY get on a ride (at a park we are paying hundreds of dollars to get in) .. is just crazy.

I can't believe I am saying this .. but just give me the paper fast pass "dash" over this. LOL!

Sure . .this way prevents crowd control issues .. but there has to be a better way to get guests who want ON the ride .. on the ride. Right?

So (currently) .. how many people get on the ride, compared to the number of people allowed in the park on a daily basis? Are 50% of the guests getting on the ride? 25%? For it to go in 5 seconds, seems like a very small number of people.

I am sure this has been suggested before .. but I'd feel it would be more fair and less stressful .. to just make it a lottery. Sign up the night before with "I want to ride Rise" .. and at 7:00 AM you'll be entered in the lottery and assigned a BG (or not). Simple, fair, and equitable. No reliance on waking up or hoping you have a fast connection or fast fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter