• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too!!! Good luck 🍀
Tomorrow is our day! I have been reading this board for over a year in preparation for our March 2020 trip that never happened and now we are finally here. Staying at Swan. 4 of us will be trying for a boarding pass using methods I have researched on here. Two Samsung s20 Ultras and a a S9+ on Tmobile and a iPhone X on AT&T. After running speed tests the gotel WiFi is faster for the AT&T phone but the T-mobile cell data is lighting fast compared to hotel and AT&T. Here's to hoping for no technical difficulties tomorrow morning!

With 4 of us trying, my 10 year old with the oldest phone (Samsung S9+) and zero practice and who was the most nervous got us boarding group 1 today!!! We counted down on time.gov and did it. Yay!!! Thanks to everyone for all your help. So excited.

Attachments

• 20201130_070045.jpg
    20201130_070045.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 22
Can someone tell me, now that the first distribution time is not from inside the park, when you click join does it still have members of your family/friends list pre-selected so you don’t have to click through them? Obviously pre-selected by who has DHS park passes for that day rather than by who is in the park?

Can someone tell me, now that the first distribution time is not from inside the park, when you click join does it still have members of your family/friends list pre-selected so you don’t have to click through them? Obviously pre-selected by who has DHS park passes for that day rather than by who is in the park?

Everyone that is linked to your MDE account is preselected, whether they have a park pass or not.

For example, we have 10 accounts linked. All were preselected but only 4 of us are here today. I had to unselect all, find the 4 of us, then attempt, which clearly accounted for more time, which caused us to miss the available boarding group this morning.

Only those in the park should be pre-selected. Don't even take the time to look, just click right through.
Everyone that is linked to your MDE account is preselected, whether they have a park pass or not.

For example, we have 10 accounts linked. All were preselected but only 4 of us are here today. I had to unselect all, find the 4 of us, then attempt, which clearly accounted for more time, which caused us to miss the available boarding group this morning.
I'm sorry this happened. This is the first time I've heard of guests not being in the park being selected. (Except the odd time when there is a system-wide glitch.)

At 2:00 I would recommend just clicking right through and not even stopping to see who is/is not selected. The step of looking often makes guests miss getting a BG. If you happen to get BGs for people not in the park you can always cancel theirs after.

Hope 2:00 goes better for you!

Dose the 2pm time require you be in the park? Or is it like the 7am time where you just need a park reservation?
You need to have entered the park before 2 PM. You don't actually have to be "in" the park at the 2 PM distribution time frame.

Example: all members of your group enter HS at 9:30 AM and then leave for a break at 12 PM but remember that you may need to be back to RoTR within 1 hour to check-in (3 PM) for your BG if you get a low BG at the 2 PM drop.

So make plans to be physically back in the park again before 3 PM and you can then adjust your plans based on how successful you are at 2 PM.

Dave

Definitely sounds like a glitch, only the people that have a park reservation are pre selected.

Does anyone know of a recently updated chart on which return time frame each boarding group number tends to correspond with? I can find a 2019 verson, and a summer 2020 version, but it may be different now (since plexiglass was installed, more people per vehicle). Thanks!

Does anyone know of a recently updated chart on which return time frame each boarding group number tends to correspond with? I can find a 2019 verson, and a summer 2020 version, but it may be different now (since plexiglass was installed, more people per vehicle). Thanks!
On a good day they call around 18 bg per hour, they are giving about 128 bg a day

Just back from Thanksgiving week trip. Split stay. First at AKL Kidani, Monday AM, on wifi. Got BG 7. The following Thursday, staying at BWV, on wifi, got BG 66. (got to execute Order 66....despite much higher BG, loved that we got 66.) There are 7 of us on MDE on friends list. Only 4 of us on this trip, only 4 of us w park reservation, and only those 4 of us came up as selected guests. Do not stop and verify that on that page, just keep going, or it'll take too much time. I did have the app open at 6:45 or so, and selecting Join from the main screen (w AT AT,) and I toggle back and forth. Not sure if that delayed me Thurs tho. I do not use any other countdown timer/clock.
The day we had BG 7, even tho park officially opened at 10, they called BGs earlier, I checked at 9:45, and our group was being called. BG 66 called at 2:42. All of that can vary tho depending on how ride functioning. Good luck to all trying for BGs!

We are staying at Orange Lake Resort off property. We have park passes for DHS for 12/20 and 12/21. Has anyone had any luck (or problems) getting a BG for ROTR at 0700 hours from off-site resorts? Anyone specifically attempt from Orange Lake Resort? It appears, from previous posts, that this shouldn’t be an issue as some DISboard members have mentioned getting BGs for friends at home, right?

We are a family of (4). I have read so many contradictions regarding if (1) member or additional members should attempt to secure BGs. What is the opinion of most? I’ve seen where WDW has suggested against doing this... but read the opposite too.
We were at an offsite TS, not Orange Lake but nearby, and got BG at 7:00 AM on November 16. DH and I both tried, signed in on our two separate MDE accounts on iPhones, and he got it.

My MDE has only myself, my wife, and my son. My wife's MDE has 7 or 8 people from a 2019 trip that won't be on our trip. Myself, my wife, and my son have park passes for DHS on Dec. 22. Should we both use mine since my account only has the people with park passes? I know that it shouldn't matter but I'm very nervous even though I know all the steps and had a lot of success practicing.

Should we both use mine since my account only has the people with park passes?
I would suggest you just both use your MDE to simplify things for both of you. Just make sure to sign in a few minutes before 7 AM to be prepared.

Note you both will not get a BG on your phone if you are fast enough to get through. One phone will get a BG with both of you selected and the other phone will get the error screen. Just do a simple MDE refresh on the other phone and it will show the same BG information.

Dave

I would suggest you just both use your MDE to simplify things for both of you. Just make sure to sign in a few minutes before 7 AM to be prepared.

Note you both will not get a BG on your phone if you are fast enough to get through. One phone will get a BG with both of you selected and the other phone will get the error screen. Just do a simple MDE refresh on the other phone and it will show the same BG information.

Dave

Thanks I'll do that. As our trip gets closer I get more and more nervous and start overthinking the whole process.

Thank you to all the experts here.

we were at the Hyatt regency Grand Cypress on day 1. Two iPhone 12s, iPhone 11, two iPhone XRs. First HS day (Nov 28) iPhone 12 on data got BG 5. Second HS day, we were at Riviera Resort, (Nov 29) iPhone XR on WiFi got BG 8.
Data at RR was terrible. But we still had one 12 on it just to have 5 different options. We were all on the same MDE account, party of 6. 4 of us simply clicked “JOIN JOIN JOIN” etc. One person didn’t follow my directions and tried to select names.....clearly that person didn’t get us a BG either day. Keep with the advice here; we did the countdown with an iPad clock second hand. Everyone hit join on the Home Screen as I said the “1” in the countdown.

I may have deleted all my family and friends who aren’t going on this trip so that’s not a problem...

Is there a major difference between clicking “join” on the first screen and just constantly refreshing after clicking “join?” (I put screen shorts in case this doesn’t make sense) I feel like it would be easier to refresh, but is there a major disadvantage there?

I’ve got my park passes for HS on January 7, 8, 11, 13, and 14 (half of our Disney days) 😂

Attachments

• 71C75D8E-AF39-465A-AB95-6825FF1FA2F9.jpeg
    71C75D8E-AF39-465A-AB95-6825FF1FA2F9.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 8E62B2FD-45C3-4D62-AA9A-BA958C9772E5.jpeg
    8E62B2FD-45C3-4D62-AA9A-BA958C9772E5.jpeg
    39.2 KB · Views: 36
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter