READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like boarding has started. It almost 1pm and groups 1-16 are being called.

I just did a test. Watched the clock and hit button right at 2pm (on the dot). Hit second join button immediately and got a red tab that the boarding was filled up. I wonder if the massive delay in starting the ride means practically nonexistent passes available at 2pm.

I just did a test. Watched the clock and hit button right at 2pm (on the dot). Hit second join button immediately and got a red tab that the boarding was filled up. I wonder if the massive delay in starting the ride means practically nonexistent passes available at 2pm.
Same. But went in and out of the 2nd screen a couple times: I started about 10 seconds too early I guess.

Feels like you practically need to dedicate your entire vacation to DHS just to have a chance to ride it and practically SOL if you don’t have low number for your boarding group.

So if they don't get to our number, it's pretty much have to try again tomorrow, correct?

[Edit]Sorry for the duplicate posts. Can't find the delete option.

I was successful on my 2pm test but I feel like if you don't get a BG at 7am your changes drop dramatically at 2pm. Look a page back at my post about aligning the home page join button with the location it will appear on the second page. This will allow you to hit join and then quickly tap the same spot to hit the second join button right when the page loads. Then quickly tap the bottom of the screen for the final join button. This should save you enough time to get a BG.

Feels like you practically need to dedicate your entire vacation to DHS just to have a chance to ride it and practically SOL if you don’t have low number for your boarding group.

So if they don't get to our number, it's pretty much have to try again tomorrow, correct?

[Edit]Sorry for the duplicate posts. Can't find the delete option.
well with the 7am bg option now available if the sole reason for you to go to DHS is to ride Rise and you don't get a bg at 7am you can canel your park reservation and book somewhere else.
Only the past 3 to 4days have they had serious issues, last week they were getting through 126 bg a day

well with the 7am bg option now available if the sole reason for you to go to DHS is to ride Rise and you don't get a bg at 7am you can canel your park reservation and book somewhere else.
Only the past 3 to 4days have they had serious issues, last week they were getting through 126 bg a day

The basically the entire week we've been here 🤣

Thanks for the info though.

Last edited:
I feel horrible for everyone today. The ride didn't open til 1245ish, then broke 1 hour later. Currently on group 40. Bummer that more people can't experience the ride.

That's awful, I'm sorry. My DD goes into work at 6pm tonight and is not looking forward to all the people complaining

I'm a bit grumpy because I was here last year and too tired to try and do it (here the week it opened). Oh well. There's always tomorrow...or whenever I can afford to come back😅.

All the 7 AM BGs are called before all the 2 PM ones right? Or are the earliest 2 PM BGs earlier than the latest 7 AM BGs?

I'm a bit grumpy because I was here last year and too tired to try and do it (here the week it opened). Oh well. There's always tomorrow...or whenever I can afford to come back😅.
One suggestion previously mentioned is to press the last join button repeatedly instead of waiting for it to become active (dark blue). I have been successful most of the time at home and I practiced while running chores, too, to simulate the distractions of being in a new place. I got BG 46 today-called at 5:15 and then spent an hour line. A great ride but a lot of trouble. All the usual tricks - notifications off, location off, fast.com to decide on WiFi or data, Apple Watch second hand until 6:59:55, glue eyes to phone for last 5 seconds, click at 7:00 exactly.

So I don't really want to rely on using Disney transportation to get me to HS early, so I'm planning each day at HS to ride the lynx 56 bus to the TTC, then the 50 to Disney Springs, arriving at 6:35 AM. And then I'll take the 303 from Disney Springs to Hollywood Studios (it leaves at 7:05 and gets to HS at 7:25. I'm doing this to avoid the pain of Uber/Lyft, driving, or relying on Disney buses). I'm doing this to for sure get to HS super early (I'm crazy, but I always go to the parks super early) and for sure be there when they let people into the park and start running the rides. Anyway, I don't have data (maybe I should spend less money on Disney trips and more to get an iPhone with a data plan...), so I need good WiFi to get a boarding group. Does anyone have any idea where, within a 5 minute walk from the Disney Springs Superstop bus station I can get some solid WiFi (probably Disney WiFi)? Where exactly does Disney WiFi cover? I'll attach a screenshot with the bus stop circled. (My sister will be at our Airbnb at 7 to also try to get a BG, but we both should definitely try! We could have family help from home, but it'll be 5 AM here and they don't want to...) Basically, I need to find a place with solid WiFi between 6:35 and 7 and then be able to make it on a bus at 7:05. Lmk if that doesn't make sense lol.

For some reason this won’t attach to my last message

Attachments

• CFD9A145-7151-40FE-9005-81FA29590356.jpeg
    CFD9A145-7151-40FE-9005-81FA29590356.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 36
For some reason this won’t attach to my last message
DS doesn't open until around 9:30am so getting wifi would be hard from there. I would consider uber. You'll save so much time than taking all those buses
Where are you taking thre first bus from?

Just got off of it...

It was a great experience. Of course we were incredibly lucky in that we got both a really low boarding group and got a front seat without plexiglass.

Still, I see why it's so popular and why that VQ is necessary.

DS doesn't open until around 9:30am so getting wifi would be hard from there. I would consider uber. You'll save so much time than taking all those buses
Where are you taking thre first bus from?
I’m catching it close to my Airbnb (that’s what I’m doing every day). I’ve considered Uber, but I’m on enough of a tight budget (by tight budget I mean I’m going to Disney for 10 days so I’m spending a lot more on food/snacks than normal) that I’m ok with taking a couple buses. How far outside Disney Springs does the wifi extend? Maybe I could try going to Saratoga Springs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter