READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad it worked for you!! I am assuming this was the time for yourself... I was very much hoping to see you have success for yourself after getting BG1 for friends (or was it relatives?) a week or so ago!
Did you click the first page right at 7:00 atomic? Or did you click on first page at :59?

Yeah the BG1 was for my brother in law. I waited until 7:00. I didn’t want to risk getting in too early and having to refresh.

TouringPlans keeps a blog of when boarding groups are called (sorry, the link was blocked).

Looks like BG 60 has been called around 12-1pm.
Np- I tried to find the blog earlier and kept ending up with old posts. We did get called between 12 and 1pm. We had a Droid Depot appt at 1245, but by showing our Droid we were allowed in around 130. No back up in the line at that time. It was amazing! Although too real for my 6yo. She was so scared she told me she'll never ride it again. 😒 cast was great though checking in with her in the middle to make sure she was ok

TouringPlans keeps a blog of when boarding groups are called (sorry, the link was blocked).

Looks like BG 60 has been called around 12-1pm.
I'm not a mod here but if posting the link resulted in a block that means the site filter is doing its job and you're therefore not supposed to mention whomever you linked. Just giving you a heads up before a mod issues you points.

I'm not a mod here but if posting the link resulted in a block that means the site filter is doing its job and you're therefore not supposed to mention whomever you linked. Just giving you a heads up before a mod issues you points.

Thanks. Maybe that was it. A little off topic but I did check the Guidelines before posting it and all I found was:

Before posting a link to another site, we ask that you please first check to see if the same information is available on wdwinfo

I didn’t find anything on historical BG times on wdwinfo (I would have linked that - it would have been easier) but I had been following that info on TP for several weeks. Anyway, no big deal, glad to see everything worked out well for Carlymouse.

(Interestingly enough, just now when I tried posting this with the full website address of wdwinfo the spam filter denied it even though that is the approved site)

I’ve been reading this thread for about an hour, got through I think 7% of it, lol. Great tips. I’m sorry if this was answered but a few final questions:

1) I get the time.gov of atomic clock advice for 7 sharp. I also saw a lot of support for the AT AT page. Are there any others strongly preferring the pull-down to refresh option?

2) is there a screen capture anywhere of the second join button? Somewhere toward the bottom apparently.

3) I have a big friends/family list, but only 2 of us going next week. I’ve seen posts saying, not to worry and just click the 2nd join and the other member with the ticket will be auto-added. Should I take the added step of removing the non- traveling family members or is that too much.

TIA

guys I got BG33, I work in the networking field so I did something to figure out which network was the best to use in my case.

1) install Network Utility Tools from Apple Store, inside the app go to Ping Tools, right there on the bottom type in 8.8.8.8 (this is google's servers, usually if you get a good ping to them you can get a similar ping to many other US based services) and click ping.. check how many milliseconds is next to Time=??.. run this various times to see if it's always similar.. try this test on both wifi and celular network, whichever gives you a lower number is the one you need to use

To explain what this is, this time is how much it takes a packet to go and come back from google servers to your smartphone.. this mau vary depending on which wifi you are on and where you are regarding your celular network.. so if you run this test on celular network and get anything above 200ms, I highly recommend getting on a wifi that u can get less than 70ms

2) used time.gov on my wife's phone, when it hit 6:59:58, I hit Join on the AT-AT and refreshed only once on the next page, didn't even read next just hit the blue button lol..

Hope this helps many :)

First off, is the 2nd time to try to book at 1pm or 2pm, my app said 1pm yesterday? The other is regarding using a 2nd phone to try to book. Do I need to set up a 2nd account or just use the same account just on a different phone?

First off, is the 2nd time to try to book at 1pm or 2pm, my app said 1pm yesterday? The other is regarding using a 2nd phone to try to book. Do I need to set up a 2nd account or just use the same account just on a different phone?
Second time is 1pm. It just changed from 2 to 1 about a week ago so that could be why there’s still references to the 2pm time.

I’ve been reading this thread for about an hour, got through I think 7% of it, lol. Great tips. I’m sorry if this was answered but a few final questions:

1) I get the time.gov of atomic clock advice for 7 sharp. I also saw a lot of support for the AT AT page. Are there any others strongly preferring the pull-down to refresh option?

2) is there a screen capture anywhere of the second join button? Somewhere toward the bottom apparently.

3) I have a big friends/family list, but only 2 of us going next week. I’ve seen posts saying, not to worry and just click the 2nd join and the other member with the ticket will be auto-added. Should I take the added step of removing the non- traveling family members or is that too much.

TIA
Re: 3) Don’t stop to even read who is selected. Just click and go or you will most likely lose out on your opportunity for a BG. If you’re successful, then check who it grabbed. It should only be the two with park tickets for the day. If it happens to miss 1 of you speak to someone at a blue umbrella in the park and they should be able to add the second person.

You can use the same amount. Read post 1

Thanks.

Curious. Why wouldn’t it be just as fast or faster to pull down the refresh as opposed to starting at AT AT? This way one wouldn’t have to click the back arrow if too early.

Thanks.

Curious. Why wouldn’t it be just as fast or faster to pull down the refresh as opposed to starting at AT AT? This way one wouldn’t have to click the back arrow if too early.
People are successful using both methods. In my 30 attempts I've always got a bg from the first page and waiting for my clock to turn

Thanks.

I've found if you click join from at-at right at 7, the next join is active (you have to click join and back a couple times before 7 for it to work right), where as with the pull down method,you might get your refresh in-between when it goes active causing a delay. Like yulilin said though, Others are successful with the pull down method, so just find what works for you and go with it.

Success x 2 - DDiL got BG 3 on Monday and DD got 5 today, both from BWV. I was not expecting our BGs to be called at 8:40 and 8:30 respectively, but we made it easily. On Monday one part was in B mode, but they got the full experience today! After months of planning and anticipation, I am at peace. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everyone!

FYI for those walking from the Epcot resort area or the gas station: DD, who has run the route from BWV to and from the Studios and Epcot several times this week, noticed new signs this morning saying the walkway to the park is closed. She continued running and was approaching her turnaround point near the temperature tents when a security guard came running after her and told her the walkway was closed and she had to go back. The guard said the walkway will open at 8 AM.

FYI for those walking from the Epcot resort area or the gas station: DD, who has run the route from BWV to and from the Studios and Epcot several times this week, noticed new signs this morning saying the walkway to the park is closed. She continued running and was approaching her turnaround point near the temperature tents when a security guard came running after her and told her the walkway was closed and she had to go back. The guard said the walkway will open at 8 AM.
I happened to walk today with no issue. No security guard (other than the one who holds you up at the end of the walkway as you enter HS). I didn’t notice any signs either. We entered the walkway from the BW pool area.

These pictures are from today at 7:20 and 7:40 looking from where the security guard holds you (until about 7:45). The pictures are looking toward the Boardwalk walkway.
E3D7FD42-C691-49DC-A348-FE8C4CD35305.jpegD558E552-522C-4C9C-A750-06F09621126A.jpeg

Good to know. DD
I happened to walk today with no issue. No security guard (other than the one who holds you up at the end of the walkway as you enter HS). I didn’t notice any signs either. We entered the walkway from the BW pool area.

These pictures are from today at 7:20 and 7:40 looking from where the security guard holds you (until about 7:45). The pictures are looking toward the Boardwalk walkway.
View attachment 546226View attachment 546227
Good to know. DD left BWV around 6:40 for her run, so she was turned back at DHS before 7:00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter