READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
BGs still open again today at 2:10. Second day this has happened.

Wonder if by rare chance hoppers are able to get a BG once they scan in? Would like to have someone try even though I anticipate answer would be no.

Last edited:

was this answered? I only show up also when I practice. I would have to manually select the other 4 in my party.
I know this was clarified below, but don’t stop to even read what anything says. Just hit join and done. Everybody was selected for me the day we had reservations (not when I practiced in the couple days before).
We used the refresh method, had a phone going with time.gov for the countdown and two of us trying on other phones. I got boarding group 6 our first day and DH got boarding group 9 our second day.

Not sure if this is significant or helpful, but I used my IPhone time to click Join right when it turned to 7am earlier in my trip and got group 39. The time.gov showed me that my phone changed about half a second late. I used the time.gov option today and got group 22. May not be scientific, but I think that half a second makes a difference when they go so fast!

What is the consensus for best method to use. I have been practicing at home using time.gov, no WiFi, and location services turned off.
I have been hitting join from main screen right at 7. I’ve only been successful half the time. Today for example I had the spinning wheel for about 3-4 seconds before it loaded the virtual queue screen. Another 2-3 second delay before family and friends screen and by then I was shut out.
Is the pull down refresh method from the virtual queue screen considered best? Did I just have glitchy/slow cell service today accounting for delay?

What is the consensus for best method to use. I have been practicing at home using time.gov, no WiFi, and location services turned off.
I have been hitting join from main screen right at 7. I’ve only been successful half the time. Today for example I had the spinning wheel for about 3-4 seconds before it loaded the virtual queue screen. Another 2-3 second delay before family and friends screen and by then I was shut out.
Is the pull down refresh method from the virtual queue screen considered best? Did I just have glitchy/slow cell service today accounting for delay?
I have always used the main screen. The only time I did not get a timely boarding group was when I tried to get one while ON Toy Story Mania. I chalked that up to being in a building, poor service. I would wonder about your service/glitchy. Might practice with wifi on to see if more predictable while practicing at home?

I tried practicing for the first time in over a year. It seemed slow to me, but made it through the first two screens within 2 seconds. It seemed like forever with the delay. I went back to the screen to select all and by then they were gone within 5 seconds.

I spent a few minutes before 7 trying to line up the join buttons by picking a spot on the picture below. Seems like I need to just barely get the tiara in the picture below on my phone screen.

Thanks to this thread, last year I was able to secure a BG doin it the OG way. Hopefully I will able to repeat. Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread!!!

I tried practicing for the first time in over a year. It seemed slow to me, but made it through the first two screens within 2 seconds. It seemed like forever with the delay. I went back to the screen to select all and by then they were gone within 5 seconds.

I spent a few minutes before 7 trying to line up the join buttons by picking a spot on the picture below. Seems like I need to just barely get the tiara in the picture below on my phone screen.

Thanks to this thread, last year I was able to secure a BG doin it the OG way. Hopefully I will able to repeat. Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread!!!
When practicing, don't select your friends and family. On the day of your park reservation, they'll be preselected for you.

1:00 PM boarding groups open longer again today - that's 3 days in a row! Hoping this is a new pattern and not just the lighter crowds. They have currently been open for 5 minutes and are still allowing guests to join BG's.

Hoping they stay open until after 2:00 PM and someone who hops without a DHS reservation attempts to get a BG. Just curious to see what happens!

Question for the admins. I have only been to HS once and my whole family was there. We all are linked in my DW account. If I go by myself will I have any problems getting the BG? I will be the only one with a ticket. (Hoping to click, click, click).

At Disneyland we used to have to remove anyone who was not with us. I have never been higher than than 3rd BG of the day at both parks, looking to keep the streak going on my solo trip next week.
Thanks in advance

Question for the admins. I have only been to HS once and my whole family was there. We all are linked in my DW account. If I go by myself will I have any problems getting the BG? I will be the only one with a ticket. (Hoping to click, click, click).

At Disneyland we used to have to remove anyone who was not with us. I have never been higher than than 3rd BG of the day at both parks, looking to keep the streak going on my solo trip next week.
Thanks in advance
No, you won't have an issue. Only those with a park reservation (which I take from your post will just be you) for DHS will be automatically checked, so just keep hitting join as fast as you can. (Even if there were others there with you that didn't want to ride, you should just click through as fast as you can.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter