READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we need to be in the park to score a 1PM BG? Can we leave for lunch and still get a 1PM BG.
As long as everyone in your party has scanned into DHS at any time before 1, you’re eligible. Doesn’t matter how long you stay or if you’re in the park at 1.

as yulilin stated, if someone isn’t scanned in, that person won’t be eligible.

I usually do all the planning for my parents, so we're all liked so I can book ADR's and FP+ (when they had them) for all of us. We're planning a trip without my parents in May and ROTR is an absolute must for my kids. Should I try to remove my parents from my MDE so I don't have to waste time clicking on certain people to add? If I do this, is it difficult to re-connect them?

I usually do all the planning for my parents, so we're all liked so I can book ADR's and FP+ (when they had them) for all of us. We're planning a trip without my parents in May and ROTR is an absolute must for my kids. Should I try to remove my parents from my MDE so I don't have to waste time clicking on certain people to add? If I do this, is it difficult to re-connect them?
If they are not with you they will not come up in your BG selections BUT don't take time to check, just keep clicking. Checking will most likely lock you out of getting a BG as they go within 2-3 seconds.

We are at WDW now. Got BG 21 this morning at 7 am. Turned off Location Services. Staying at Pop and did speed test on my phone the night before. Only had 2 bars on LTE. WiFi turned off. The ride is totally amazing. This was on an iPhone 12

Couldn't get in this morning. Will try tomorrow....time.gov
Here's what I think I understand.
1. At 6:59:55 I will be at the main "request access with virtual queue". Click join (even if it isn't blue)
2. This opens up the "join virtual queue" screen. If needed, pull down to refresh.
3. Click join, join, join as quick as I can. Don't stop to add family

Is that it?

Couldn't get in this morning. Will try tomorrow....time.gov
Here's what I think I understand.
1. At 6:59:55 I will be at the main "request access with virtual queue". Click join (even if it isn't blue)
2. This opens up the "join virtual queue" screen. If needed, pull down to refresh.
3. Click join, join, join as quick as I can. Don't stop to add family

Is that it?
No, from the main page just click join at 7am, no need to refresh. All the join buttons as fast as possible

VandVsmama, we will be at Pop on Thursday. Can I ask exactly where you were at to make this happen?
In front of the main bldg at front of the resort. Was trying to get 3 bars but I ran out of time and I sort of lucked out. The WiFi the night before was much faster according to my speed test app.

2nd (and last) real day trying, and got BG 28. Not as good as BG 2 like the other day but I’ll take it. My LTE speed was less than half the speed the other day, so I was nervous.

Got boarding group 72! According to the app, it looks like we’ll get on about 1:00.

I’m at Pop Century staying in Bldg 1. Walked to front of the central check in bldg outside. Stood near street where cars and buses are. Had 3 bars on LTE. iPhone 12. Turned off Location Services, closed all apps except Time.gov website and the WDW app. Used cell data, not WiFi.

2nd (and last) real day trying, and got BG 28. Not as good as BG 2 like the other day but I’ll take it. My LTE speed was less than half the speed the other day, so I was nervous.
Should give you time to ride several rides before the crowds arrive though! Have a great day!

Got boarding group 72! According to the app, it looks like we’ll get on about 1:00.

I’m at Pop Century staying in Bldg 1. Walked to front of the central check in bldg outside. Stood near street where cars and buses are. Had 3 bars on LTE. iPhone 12. Turned off Location Services, closed all apps except Time.gov website and the WDW app. Used cell data, not WiFi.
I have a super dumb question - how are you using the app while also watching the time.gov site on your phone? I apparently am iPhone illiterate after all these years.

location services on the MDE app or entirely on your phone settings? and why is everyone shutting down location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter