READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a super dumb question - how are you using the app while also watching the time.gov site on your phone? I apparently am iPhone illiterate after all these years.

We assigned that role to someone NOT trying for a boarding group.

Also, if you have a laptop or ipad (similar), you could have it pulled up there and watch while you wait.

I am sorry if this question has already been asked/answered on here.. but I could not seem to find it. I know it is important to make sure everyone in your party is linked on the app before trying to get a BG. I have watched videos on youtube that show the process and it seems as soon as you hit the "join" button it pulls up friends and family. There is a default "your party" section at the top that has a group of people checked on it and I want to make sure that my app will have the correct people there.

All four people in our party show up on my disney experience as the "planning party". We all have park reservations for HS on the same day. Will "your party" default to these four since we will be the only ones in the friends and family list with valid park passes and tickets for the day? Or should I be prepared to have to scroll through the long list to find these character icons/names when the select your party page comes up?

I am sorry if this question has already been asked/answered on here.. but I could not seem to find it. I know it is important to make sure everyone in your party is linked on the app before trying to get a BG. I have watched videos on youtube that show the process and it seems as soon as you hit the "join" button it pulls up friends and family. There is a default "your party" section at the top that has a group of people checked on it and I want to make sure that my app will have the correct people there.

All four people in our party show up on my disney experience as the "planning party". We all have park reservations for HS on the same day. Will "your party" default to these four since we will be the only ones in the friends and family list with valid park passes and tickets for the day? Or should I be prepared to have to scroll through the long list to find these character icons/names when the select your party page comes up?

View attachment 552584
If you are friends/family on MDE, and have park passes for that day to DHS, that's who should be automatically checked. Don't stop to double check the list on the day, just keep hitting join, or the boarding groups will be gone before you get done.

If you are friends/family on MDE, and have park passes for that day to DHS, that's who should be automatically checked. Don't stop to double check the list on the day, just keep hitting join, or the boarding groups will be gone before you get done.

Thank you so much! Make me much less stressed for our trip next week!

I have a super dumb question - how are you using the app while also watching the time.gov site on your phone? I apparently am iPhone illiterate after all these years.
I go to Time.gov on the iPhone browser and watch the time tick by. 15 sec before 7, I open the MDE app and get to the AT-ATs. Then go back to time.gov and at 5 sec before, go back to MDE app and click Join as soon as your phone switches from 6:59 to 7:00. Don’t worry if the first JOIN button doesn’t turn green. Just click on it. Don’t hesitate.

On my iPhone 10 I can see the time in the top left corner at the same time as the AT-ATs are displayed on the screen. As soon as it clicks to 1:00 I click Join, Join, Join and I have been successful practicing almost every single time!

This just to say if you don't have access to time.gov you could try this as an option.

I've said it a few times, and I'll say it again for some of the new people

I truly believe everyone is overthinking this. Between worrying about location services, looking at time.gov. etc.

The only thing i'd suggest is to run a speed test (Speedtest by Ookla is the most popular app for it) at wherever you're staying to see if WiFi or data is faster, as that varies from location to location. But outside of that, just have the app ready at 6:58, and the moment it hits 7 on your phone, just click the join buttons as quickly as possible. Don't stop to read any pages, just hit the buttons.

I hadn’t seen the comments on location services until just now. Here now and got #34 on cellular data from the balcony. Location services were on. Funny enough, the other phone used to try has them off and was moving through the screens at an identical pace.

I really apologize bc I’m sure this was covered somewhere but I’m here at WDW now and can’t scroll back through to find it. I tried booking a BG at exactly 7am and missed it 😩😭 (33% success rate out of 3 days trying) so now I have to try at 1pm. Is the process at 1pm the same in the park? Data, then spam the join button back and forth? Have you heard similar success rates at 1pm? Better or worse? Ughhh so frustrating! ...but in the end worth it.

I really apologize bc I’m sure this was covered somewhere but I’m here at WDW now and can’t scroll back through to find it. I tried booking a BG at exactly 7am and missed it 😩😭 (33% success rate out of 3 days trying) so now I have to try at 1pm. Is the process at 1pm the same in the park? Data, then spam the join button back and forth? Have you heard similar success rates at 1pm? Better or worse? Ughhh so frustrating! ...but in the end worth it.

Yes, inside the park like it used to before the change a month ago. It varies day to day on the success rate. There were a few days last week it was open for almost a hour. Then it's been back to seconds again past few days.

hi there! i just started practicing to get a BG this morning (going to HS on Monday – when I went to add my group my other person wasn't automatically selected. I double checked that he was listed as a guest and has his tickets, but both of he still wasn't selected, just me. Has anyone had this issue before? Is it a common glitch? What would I do if this happens on the day and I can only get myself on the ride?

sorry, What do you mean by ‘spam the join button back and forth’?

I wait at the AT-ATs, watch the clock on my screen and the second it hits 1pm click join, join, join as fast as they appear. Am successful from hone about 90% of the time.

hi there! i just started practicing to get a BG this morning (going to HS on Monday – when I went to add my group my other person wasn't automatically selected. I double checked that he was listed as a guest and has his tickets, but both of he still wasn't selected, just me. Has anyone had this issue before? Is it a common glitch? What would I do if this happens on the day and I can only get myself on the ride?
It’s because you don’t have tickets today. Monday just go as fast as possible. Do not stop to see who is selected or you will not get a bg. Everyone who has a park ticket will automatically be selected.

they won't be selected if you don't have a park res for that day. But the day they do, they'll be selected. Like I mentioned before, don't bother looking at the party when trying to join. If someone wasn't added after you got your BG, go to the GET people (blue shirts/tent) in the park, and talk to them. They should be able to add them. If you don't have a BG at all, they won't be able to help you

they won't be selected if you don't have a park res for that day. But the day they do, they'll be selected. Like I mentioned before, don't bother looking at the party when trying to join. If someone wasn't added after you got your BG, go to the GET people (blue shirts/tent) in the park, and talk to them. They should be able to add them. If you don't have a BG at all, they won't be able to help you
thanks so much! I figured that's what was happening, but wanted to double check since I hadn't really seen that mentioned (I'm sure it is, somewhere way back). But got it, don't look just click.

Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter