• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is considered a spoiler but I will spoiler it anyway but I experienced something on Rise today that I have not come across yet.

Not sure if this is considered a spoiler but I will spoiler it anyway but I experienced something on Rise today that I have not come across yet.
I edited your post. Feel free to post on the spoiler thread, this one is just for tips on getting a bg
And here is the spoiler thread, in case you have trouble finding it - I'm looking forward to reading about what you experienced!
https://www.disboards.com/threads/rise-of-the-resistance-ride-discussion-spoilers.3781489/

Easy peasy
Just from the main page, no second watch counting down, just waited for my phone to switch to 7am. WiFi from my home in clermont FL on a galaxy note 8
View attachment 554062
48? I'm disappointed in you
giphy.gif

Has anyone tried for a BG before getting on a plane to Disney. We are coming from Pittsburgh and flight arrives at 9:45. We were thinking of doing HS that day. What if I’m super lucky that day and get an early boarding group? Would they consider letting us on if your late or should I just try at 1 when we are there?? If you miss your first one can you still try at 1:00? I know how long it takes to get from airport to Disney resort on ME and then to parks. Just wondering if anyone has done this?

Sorry, I searched and didn't find this info.

For the 1:00 BG drop, is there a location filter? Do you have to be IN the park, as it says on the instructions? Or can you get it from anywhere as long as you have a park reservation and have scanned into the park earlier that day?

Sorry, I searched and didn't find this info.

For the 1:00 BG drop, is there a location filter? Do you have to be IN the park, as it says on the instructions? Or can you get it from anywhere as long as you have a park reservation and have scanned into the park earlier that day?
You just have to have the park reservation and scanned into HS in the morning before 1pm.

I did try at 1 when I had a reservation but hadn’t been in the park and was unsuccessful, as I had expected. 😀

Has anyone tried for a BG before getting on a plane to Disney. We are coming from Pittsburgh and flight arrives at 9:45. We were thinking of doing HS that day. What if I’m super lucky that day and get an early boarding group? Would they consider letting us on if your late or should I just try at 1 when we are there?? If you miss your first one can you still try at 1:00? I know how long it takes to get from airport to Disney resort on ME and then to parks. Just wondering if anyone has done this?

I'm wondering this too... We have an early flight on Day 1 and are heading to DHS when we land...

Reactions: TSM
Anecdotally, I've seen people post that if you're late, it's no big deal. With this whole 7am approach, (and BGs in general) I bet they often have people who end up with a BG window that doesn't work perfectly for them. I think if you had a valid story for why you weren't able to use BG10 by 11am (for example) that they would let you in, but of course this isn't guaranteed...

I do think you could try again at 1pm then as well if you didn't use your earlier BG. I also seem to recall reading that at some point along the way... (I think)

If you get a BG but miss it, you can go to RotR and ask about riding. The answer has gone both ways; some are able to ride, others have been told 'no'.

You just have to have the park reservation and scanned into HS in the morning before 1pm.

I did try at 1 when I had a reservation but hadn’t been in the park and was unsuccessful, as I had expected. 😀

This is what I thought would be the case, but I'd love to hear from someone who did enter the park earlier and was able to get a BG at 1. Thanks!

I have question. My son and I have been practicing at home. Now if you both get in, does one phone say “something went wrong” at the bottom? Thanks in advance.

Im confused when people say you should be logged into the same account. Im hoping this doesnt complicate things, but we have my family of 3 trying to ride with my brothers family of 5. I have a log-in, my husband has 1, and my brother has 1. How do i make sure when its time for our trip that everything is ready for us all to join a boarding group together? Do I need to manage my husband’s plans? Bc right now I dont have that selected.

Im confused when people say you should be logged into the same account. Im hoping this doesnt complicate things, but we have my family of 3 trying to ride with my brothers family of 5. I have a log-in, my husband has 1, and my brother has 1. How do i make sure when its time for our trip that everything is ready for us all to join a boarding group together? Do I need to manage my husband’s plans? Bc right now I dont have that selected.
You do not need to be logged in to the same account, but everyone wanting a BG for that day does need to be linked to each other via Friends & Family and allowed to plan for each other (different from managing each other). In December on our family trip we had five of us trying, logged into four different MDE accounts, and were successful both times we tried. DH and I each have our own MDE accounts and were trying, DD tried from her account, and DS and DDiL both tried from DS's account. Each of us manage additional guests. Different people got the BG each day.

You do not need to be logged in to the same account, but everyone wanting a BG for that day does need to be linked to each other via Friends & Family and allowed to plan for each other (different from managing each other).
So we are currently on eachothers family & friends list, but how do we make it that we are allowed to plan for eachother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter