READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The second join button should be around the middle of the screen or slightly higher. On the AT AT page position join near the middle of the screen and touch it and hold your finger in that spot. The second join button will appear on the left side of the screen where you see the orange triangle. Use this to see if you should move the home page up or down.
I just did my first 1pm practice.

I hit the at at join, then on the next page saw a bit of the blue join button, but ended up opening the ride info page instead of hitting join. I was just trying to tap the same spot on the screen, so I guess my button alignment was a bit off and I hit too high on the second screen?

(Stinks that it's even an option to hit something above the join button! But glad I know now!)

I hit the at at join, then on the next page saw a bit of the blue join button, but ended up opening the ride info page instead of hitting join. I was just trying to tap the same spot on the screen, so I guess my button alignment was a bit off and I hit too high on the second screen?

(Stinks that it's even an option to hit something above the join button! But glad I know now!)

You have to only touch the join button. Below will take you to detail about the attraction. If you touch the orange triangle that is in place of the join button now it'll take you to the same page. Just practice lining it up exactly and quickly start tapping right at 7 or 1 and you should get to the last page is less than a second.

Same thing happens with me because after a half second, the join button slides down a quarter inch. Should I be trying to tap it before it slides down?

I typically have success but today at 1 got Red warning immediately. I checked status at it was seating BGs 21-38 at 1p. Is the ride having a bad day? Did anyone have success at 1?

I typically have success but today at 1 got Red warning immediately. I checked status at it was seating BGs 21-38 at 1p. Is the ride having a bad day? Did anyone have success at 1?
Yeah, on another thread I'm on, someone that was group 22 said it went down around 930 when it was at group 20 and was down for more than 2 hours. Not sure exact times, but something close to that time.

Same! Practicing for next month and as I furiously hit 'Join', it opened up another screen and by time I got back everything was full. I'm assuming the 1 p.m. drop goes a lot quicker with more people up and moving and in the park vs. 7 a.m.? I remember last March in DL some days backup BG's last upwards of 10-20 minutes, crazy!

I did this... On a park day! 🤦‍♂️. It was so sad. It was my second day and I rode on the first one, so wasn't as big of a deal, but I sure would have enjoyed the second opportunity to ride.

Same! Practicing for next month and as I furiously hit 'Join', it opened up another screen and by time I got back everything was full. I'm assuming the 1 p.m. drop goes a lot quicker with more people up and moving and in the park vs. 7 a.m.? I remember last March in DL some days backup BG's last upwards of 10-20 minutes, crazy!
1pm drop also is determined by how well the ride did in the morning. Ride was down for 2+ hours today, so they're going to offer significantly fewer bgs in the afternoon. But even on a regular day, hitting the wrong button and going back will take too much time and now allow you to get through, they just go through them that quick.

You have to only touch the join button. Below will take you to detail about the attraction. If you touch the orange triangle that is in place of the join button now it'll take you to the same page. Just practice lining it up exactly and quickly start tapping right at 7 or 1 and you should get to the last page is less than a second.

Yeah, the page "moves" for me - like above mentioned. Even now, if I tap join from at at it takes me to the orange triangle page, but that orange triangle is lower then my thumb (not at the same level of the at at join). After a (half a) second it moves and the orange triangle is where my finger is. So if I just tap tap at 1, I tap join and attraction info I think. 🤔
Same thing happens with me because after a half second, the join button slides down a quarter inch. Should I be trying to tap it before it slides down?

I just tested with the screens again. I think I need to set up my at at screen a little lower.

I tapped join from at at, then hovered my thumb at the orange triangle (before the page jumped). I went back to at at and see that I had that initial join a little high. I moved it down slightly so the join was under my hovered thumb, hit it, and the orange triangle ended up right under my thumb. I had time to tap that before the page moved. I'll try that on tomorrow's test!

I did this... On a park day! 🤦‍♂️. It was so sad. It was my second day and I rode on the first one, so wasn't as big of a deal, but I sure would have enjoyed the second opportunity to ride.
It seems bad user interface to have the system set for such an easy mistake (though probably not an accidental design!)

Yeah, the page "moves" for me - like above mentioned. Even now, if I tap join from at at it takes me to the orange triangle page, but that orange triangle is lower then my thumb (not at the same level of the at at join). After a (half a) second it moves and the orange triangle is where my finger is. So if I just tap tap at 1, I tap join and attraction info I think. 🤔

I just tested with the screens again. I think I need to set up my at at screen a little lower.

I tapped join from at at, then hovered my thumb at the orange triangle (before the page jumped). I went back to at at and see that I had that initial join a little high. I moved it down slightly so the join was under my hovered thumb, hit it, and the orange triangle ended up right under my thumb. I had time to tap that before the page moved. I'll try that on tomorrow's test!

Does the second page move after you hit the first join or are you not lined up but the page stays still? If it jumps it might be due to the page having to load and it jumps a bit after it loads. If it doesn't jump then you just need to make sure the first button is lined up properly with where the second appears so you don't hit the attraction information instead of join. I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max and I put the bottom of the join button just slightly above the bottom of the volume down button. For my previous phone I lined up the middle of the join button with the bottom of the volume down button. If you're tapping as fast as you can and you're lined up properly you should hit the second join immediately. I'll try again tomorrow at 1 and see what happens.

Does the second page move after you hit the first join or are you not lined up but the page stays still? If it jumps it might be due to the page having to load and it jumps a bit after it loads. If it doesn't jump then you just need to make sure the first button is lined up properly with where the second appears so you don't hit the attraction information instead of join. I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max and I put the bottom of the join button just slightly above the bottom of the volume down button. For my previous phone I lined up the middle of the join button with the bottom of the volume down button. If you're tapping as fast as you can and you're lined up properly you should hit the scond join immediately. I'll try again tomorrow at 1 and see what happens.
My screen jumps.

But I definitely saw the blue join button for a split second before the jump.

But I think I wasn't looking to hit the button, I thought I could just tap in the same spot and be good.

I'll keep practicing!!

Does the second page move after you hit the first join or are you not lined up but the page stays still? If it jumps it might be due to the page having to load and it jumps a bit after it loads. If it doesn't jump then you just need to make sure the first button is lined up properly with where the second appears so you don't hit the attraction information instead of join. I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max and I put the bottom of the join button just slightly above the bottom of the volume down button. For my previous phone I lined up the middle of the join button with the bottom of the volume down button. If you're tapping as fast as you can and you're lined up properly you should hit the second join immediately. I'll try again tomorrow at 1 and see what happens.
My screen jumps.

But I think I wasn't looking to hit the button, I thought I could just tap in the same spot and be good.

I'll keep practicing!!
I have both an apple and an android phone. The android is very jumpy on that page. I really don't like it. The iPhone doesn't jump at all. It's so weird. The android for me is faster, so I usually focus on using that one, but after I became aware that you could go to a completely useless page, I paid more attention to the actual button on the page, lol.

I have both an apple and an android phone. The android is very jumpy on that page. I really don't like it. The iPhone doesn't jump at all. It's so weird. The android for me is faster, so I usually focus on using that one, but after I became aware that you could go to a completely useless page, I paid more attention to the actual button on the page, lol.
My iPhone doesn’t jump. Sounds like it might be a good option to use that if possible.

My screen jumps.

I'll keep practicing!!

People use other methods. You could start on the page after the AT AT and pull down at 7 or 1 and reload that page. You can also touch the three lines at the bottom right and then Virtual Queues. From there you touch join virtual queue. Although I assume the page will jump no matter how you get to it.

At WDW now. Practiced for five days before our DHS day. My husband and I both start from the ATAT page (MDE Home Screen). I would never trust the refresh method. I always lineup my join button from the home screen with where it will be on the second page. My phone page never “jumps”. It’s always positioned perfectly. We were successful every practice day and he got BG 9 on our DHS day. Yay!!! BUT that morning while we were trying for the real deal, my phone screen turned white and froze for about 5 seconds on the second page. It had never happened before. My heart sank and I was frantic until he yelled that he’d gotten it. If I’d have been trying by myself we wouldn’t have gotten to ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter