READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
For practice you don't need to check people off, just hit join on that screen when only your name is checked (on real day anyone w park pass will already be checked).

For alignment - at any time during the day, click Join from the at at screen. On the next page is an orange triangle with a message (or right now I tried and there's a small clock icon and a message about the 1pm open). Wherever that message is in the page, hover your finger and hold it there. With the other hand click back to the main screen and scroll it (without moving that hovering finger) so that the At At join is under the hovering finger. Now they are "lined up". Now look at your screen and try to get some visual cues as to where you should place things for practice so the first join button is there (maybe the at at eyes are a certain spot, or a line of text equal with your volume button, etc)

I tried this 'alignment' method at 1 pm today. Unfortunately, alignment can be off, if the Loading... spinner hasn't yet gone away, but second Join button is available. I was able to get through without waiting for Loading... to go away, too.

sV6-J2YAYmZEJvYqjFJrR199sOr1JsbZsSTjHYh2oPQSSSKYmkWCY2D8p_hn881tSicWnoVH2yBSc2H_8BqUHEzdUkikD6734Nbg5oikGSxsC12GloBjvLrg1XybGF8qQPohE1gDIi5iZTTlPpnK3W03yGTyAh7e2pHRdTn7ArEPctEhsBll2Xhs0Xn7Ma4MXjs8zlbxEkODPtdxTKJpXmL-G86uBixPaKwxV-vmiDLJKDikHQnePnElD2NDvIpm4Z1WLSHjHG2bAoQ0VIwboD3ug1TX_CHWB-fOZLibbgwiLwK6QdKgbJyrvs9HIhUV1B1CdMmuIrWfAyo6iL1dEZj_lxquspDFDGsxPiFmcLiGix-wvIUfAyRYp_X_vDMmK2h7_0AgorulTskI1Scwim1Qvnh82cs0r-vpYkFdwfRl39oNy8wtJW-jzpxtgDQ_HW1SrfwQLYusVrcI-NLf_QiJDLtcPvKd8OKumdQ11P4uB07l7dFFBN_NJZZyp0YhLyhlkXrFQyp1ECQiFN025Xa_36lo-2qcUC6bC7bSchdnt-WwLWp6F6PbHzaDpFSce6HKR8UMpHCpcczhShzmt__32kOPS27IVUcgGZin7iBOlqmVjJIqfXz0I1_NKxUhH_ZK5bKYFkv6YCv8y7ihMSsb_eW8b-_k3mDK7NdfkxW3D8FYlJTnVzWTqFdebw=w545-h1212-no

For those with "jumpy" Android phones...

Another successful practice today but I did a little differently...

Today I decided to be ON the Join screen and pull down refresh at 1pm. I figured if clicking join from At At meant the screen would jump anyway, might as well be the one in control (ha ha, yeah right).

So right when my phone turned 1 I pulled down to refresh...but, NO blue join appeared!

So I pulled down again, blue join appeared, I hit it, hit the join on people page and got my "success".

So while it feels like I'm spending precious miliseconds waiting for that blue join, I've been successful twice. 🤷‍♀️

I tried this 'alignment' method at 1 pm today. Unfortunately, alignment can be off, if the Loading... spinner hasn't yet gone away, but second Join button is available. I was able to get through without waiting for Loading... to go away, too.

sV6-J2YAYmZEJvYqjFJrR199sOr1JsbZsSTjHYh2oPQSSSKYmkWCY2D8p_hn881tSicWnoVH2yBSc2H_8BqUHEzdUkikD6734Nbg5oikGSxsC12GloBjvLrg1XybGF8qQPohE1gDIi5iZTTlPpnK3W03yGTyAh7e2pHRdTn7ArEPctEhsBll2Xhs0Xn7Ma4MXjs8zlbxEkODPtdxTKJpXmL-G86uBixPaKwxV-vmiDLJKDikHQnePnElD2NDvIpm4Z1WLSHjHG2bAoQ0VIwboD3ug1TX_CHWB-fOZLibbgwiLwK6QdKgbJyrvs9HIhUV1B1CdMmuIrWfAyo6iL1dEZj_lxquspDFDGsxPiFmcLiGix-wvIUfAyRYp_X_vDMmK2h7_0AgorulTskI1Scwim1Qvnh82cs0r-vpYkFdwfRl39oNy8wtJW-jzpxtgDQ_HW1SrfwQLYusVrcI-NLf_QiJDLtcPvKd8OKumdQ11P4uB07l7dFFBN_NJZZyp0YhLyhlkXrFQyp1ECQiFN025Xa_36lo-2qcUC6bC7bSchdnt-WwLWp6F6PbHzaDpFSce6HKR8UMpHCpcczhShzmt__32kOPS27IVUcgGZin7iBOlqmVjJIqfXz0I1_NKxUhH_ZK5bKYFkv6YCv8y7ihMSsb_eW8b-_k3mDK7NdfkxW3D8FYlJTnVzWTqFdebw=w545-h1212-no
Interesting thanks, I was able to 'get one' via practice today, first time in awhile so hopefully good luck follows me on my trip later!

Yeah, I'm not sure my alignment made any difference. I wasn't even watching the loading spin. Just looking for that elusive blue button!! 😄

I apologize if this has been answered, but I don't recall seeing. If you are attempting to get a boarding group from your hotel @ 7a.m., do you turn off Wi-Fi on the phone, or is that only if you are inside the park?

I apologize if this has been answered, but I don't recall seeing. If you are attempting to get a boarding group from your hotel @ 7a.m., do you turn off Wi-Fi on the phone, or is that only if you are inside the park?
I believe that advice was only for when you are at the park, since you are competing with others on the Disney wifi, and even with phone towers near the park. For the hotel wifi vs data speeds on your phone, you can run a speed test on both to see what will suit you the best, when the time comes. Possibly find a spot somewhere in the hotel, where both are optimal and give you consistent results. Then pick the one you feel has better speed and reliability.

Just tried again at 1:00 after making the necessary adjustments, and it brought me to the “Is Everyone In The Park?” page. So, it worked for me. Thank you to all who helped.

I copied and pasted all the info that I gathered on here and in the videos I watched, rewrote it and made it more simple, so that it makes sense to my BF and his parents. Thanks for all the work that went into it.

I believe that advice was only for when you are at the park, since you are competing with others on the Disney wifi, and even with phone towers near the park. For the hotel wifi vs data speeds on your phone, you can run a speed test on both to see what will suit you the best, when the time comes. Possibly find a spot somewhere in the hotel, where both are optimal and give you consistent results. Then pick the one you feel has better speed and reliability.
Good tips! What I've found too is that depending on the app or speed test website you utilize it can vary widely! For example at home via one speed test site it was saying 104 meg download and another speed tool said 49! That is crazy only a few seconds between...both would be just fine to snag a BG I'd assume however once on site at a Disney hotel or park, just FYI.

May I ask what kind of phone you had that froze on you? I'll soon start practicing (for a summer trip) and want to cover all my bases!
An iPhone 12 plus max. There’s a really good chance that mine froze because my husband was a fraction of a second faster than me pressing “join”. We’re signed into the same account.

I ran the Speedtest app from my room and found in room WiFi was faster right before 7 am, so I kept WiFi on. Others have found in room WiFi slower. Always good to run a test about 10 minutes before.

Do a speed test and see what's faster, wifi or data

Best or preferred speed test app/website?
I use Fast.com (by Netflix), but Speedtest by Ookla (app version) should be fine too, I suppose. But be prepared to see different results with both. I like Fast.com for its simplicity.

I use Fast.com (by Netflix), but Speedtest by Ookla (app version) should be fine too, I suppose. But be prepared to see different results with both. I like Fast.com for its simplicity.
Yeah I use both and those are the two that had wild inconsistencies in speeds, like 50 megs of different but if both numbers are high then either way you have strong internet!

Will someone explain to me please why people who are not at Disney try to get a BG? Is this not taking up spots for people who are actually at the park or is there some type of practice app?
It's all practice for future trips and doesn't affect live BG's for those in the park trying.
Just to clarify further, you cannot get a BG unless you have a park pass for the day you are trying. People practice trying to get one since they go so quickly- in seconds, usually. However, those of us practicing get the "Is everyone in the park?" message instead of an actual BG when we are "successful".

I’m practicing from home to try to get it down, I did a speed test, had my iPad with world time and refreshed my Disney screen at 6:59:58 and clicked Join. I’m not going til April, so obviously don’t have a reservation for today. Does this screenshot mean I would have been good if I did have a reservation for the park today?
Yes

Failed to get one for the first time ever. Had time.gov open. Was :03 when I got to the final screen. My last day at HS for many years, if not ever- not renewing my pass because of poor covid safety measures since they increased capacity. I had counted on leaving mid-afternoon to get away from the crowds and work on homework...ugh.

Last edited:
I have read people refer to the final screen as titled 'Not so Fast!' but the verbiage on the screen shot I have looks different. 'Just a Moment!' is the title of the final page. I will assume it's the same as that and that this means that a BG would have been shown instead if this was our park day?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210219-070604_Photos~3.jpg
    Screenshot_20210219-070604_Photos~3.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 48
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter