• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read people refer to the final screen as titled 'Not so Fast!' but the verbiage on the screen shot I have looks different. 'Just a Moment!' is the title of the final page. I will assume it's the same as that and that this means that a BG would have been shown instead if this was our park day?
Yes, that's the page.

We decided on a last minute trip for next week. I have been practicing this week with the join method but I have yet to get a BG. Hopefully next week goes better as this is a little discouraging but thanks for all the great tips on this thread!

I have read people refer to the final screen as titled 'Not so Fast!' but the verbiage on the screen shot I have looks different. 'Just a Moment!' is the title of the final page. I will assume it's the same as that and that this means that a BG would have been shown instead if this was our park day?
Yes, there are a couple of different pages you will see depending on which way you attempt to get a boarding group but both mean the same, you would have been successful if you had a park reservation for that day.

Failed to get one for the first time ever. Had time.gov open. Was :03 when I got to the final screen. My last day at HS for many years, if not ever- not renewing my pass because of poor covid safety measures since they increased capacity. I had counted on leaving mid-afternoon to get away from the crowds and work on homework...ugh.

This happened to me yesterday after 3 successful gets. One in Nov, one in January and one this past Monday. I was 0/2 yesterday and I have no idea why.

This happened to me yesterday after 3 successful gets. One in Nov, one in January and one this past Monday. I was 0/2 yesterday and I have no idea why.

That stinks! I’ve ridden probably 12 times, three or four post-reopen...got one at 1pm. If the in-park announcement was correct, they lasted til 1:05.

That stinks! I’ve ridden probably 12 times, three or four post-reopen...got one at 1pm. If the in-park announcement was correct, they lasted til 1:05.
Hmmm...5 minutes? I was 'playing at home' and got in, however when I backed out a few seconds later the orange triangle was out indicating everything was full.

Hmmm...5 minutes? I was 'playing at home' and got in, however when I backed out a few seconds later the orange triangle was out indicating everything was full.

That’s why I said “if” 😂 I really doubted the in-park announcement was correct.

The park announcement is always 5 minutes after, even if the reservations go in 5 seconds

ok - dumb question. I have a gold annual pass that isn't activated (good until 2030) sitting in my account until i activate it at guest services for our trip this summer. i am going to start practicing getting a BG. Because i have the annual pass linked in my account i can actually make a park reservation to practice but no park reservation should be made as that might take a boarding group away from those actually in the parks - correct? I will still be able to practice without the park reservation and just get the "not so fast" screen? Also - DD would like to practice also but you need ticket entitlement (like an AP) to practice, correct?

ok - dumb question. I have a gold annual pass that isn't activated (good until 2030) sitting in my account until i activate it at guest services for our trip this summer. i am going to start practicing getting a BG. Because i have the annual pass linked in my account i can actually make a park reservation to practice but no park reservation should be made as that might take a boarding group away from those actually in the parks - correct? I will still be able to practice without the park reservation and just get the "not so fast" screen? Also - DD would like to practice also but you need ticket entitlement (like an AP) to practice, correct?
You can definitely practice without either a park reservation or a ticket. You'll just get the "not so fast" or "remove this guest" message if you "would" have been successful getting a BG, and you won't take a BG away from anyone who could actually use one that day. So you and DD can both practice, just don't make a park reservation you won't use!

I miss you Chart 😘

ilovechart-gif.467949

(For those unaware - at one time this comment contained a chart of all Boarding Group related data from the opening of the ride through it's first few months - it was magnificent and glorious! Some were brought to tears by the shear beauty of it... Now all we have left are the memories...and the gifs!)
I miss the chart too.

Based on advice I had read here. I had installed an app "seconds clock on status bar". It was free, and allows you to adjust the seconds clock.
Is this for an iPhone? Can you be specific about what app this is? I can't find one that actually hacks the status bar time to add seconds. Thanks!

Is this for an iPhone? Can you be specific about what app this is? I can't find one that actually hacks the status bar time to add seconds. Thanks!
Iphone doesn't have an app for this, but the seconds hand on the clock app icon does move, so you can watch that and when it gets to 6:59.50, count the final 10 seconds in your head while opening the Disney app and locate the AT AT picture and click join as soon as the time changes to 7 am.

Last edited:
So I have been lining up the join buttons but when it gets to the second screen I get info about the attraction (not the all full screen) not the second join button. Am I not lined up enough?

So I have been lining up the join buttons but when it gets to the second screen I get info about the attraction (not the all full screen) not the second join button. Am I not lined up enough?
In my experience, when I go directly to the attraction info, all BGs are gone and it displays what BGs are currently being called. This means I would have have gotten a BG that day.

What does AT AT stand for? I followed this thread last year before my trip got canceled, and I’ve been following it now for a couple of weeks. I went back to the first page and looked on the app. But I still can’t figure out why it’s called the AT AT section. I usually catch on faster than this, but I’m stumped!

What does AT AT stand for? I followed this thread last year before my trip got canceled, and I’ve been following it now for a couple of weeks. I went back to the first page and looked on the app. But I still can’t figure out why it’s called the AT AT section. I usually catch on faster than this, but I’m stumped!
I actually answered this several pages back...
I know PP answered the main question for you- how to join a boarding group. But the question about AT-AT wasn't answered. An AT-AT is the giant Star Wars robot things in the picture you'll see on that first page. It stand for All Terrain Armored Transport. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter