• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday morning we got boarding group 38, using all these tips, having practiced a few times, beforehand. We were done with HS before noon! (Because, sadly, no Citizens of Hollywood >:(šŸ˜ž). Hoping to snag an even better BG on Thursday. Thank you!

Here we are on Thursday, got BG 69 because we got a spinny wheel at the second ā€œjoinā€. We both had WiFi turned off. Still a great group, though we were hoping to get earlier. Iā€™m guessing thereā€™s a lot more competition on Thursday. Made rope drop & went straight to Smugglers run but my BFā€™s parents had trouble with their annual pass getting into the park. šŸ¤£šŸ™„

Finally got the ā€œNot So Fast!ā€ page, so it can be done! The load time for ā€œchecking friends and familyā€ was shorter, so it has to be the processing speed of the app on my phone that has been holding me up on prior test runs. Iā€™m not sure what was going on differently in my phoneā€”tips would be to make sure I close out all apps anddd what else? View attachment 558837
Just be fast on the clicking. Success rate for people on this thread is about 98% so of course it can be done

Just be fast on the clicking. Success rate for people on this thread is about 98% so of course it can be done

Ha, I knew it *could* be done, factually, but it just hadnā€™t happened for me yet. I was incredibly excited to have a breakthrough after days and days of trying.

Tried today at 1pm and got to the Not So Fast! page, but it read "Is Everyone in the Park?" I thought that guests no longer had to be in the park?

First time practicing since October at 1pm today. Got the "Not so fast" screen. Nice to see that I'm not too badly out of practice. We'll be there the third week of March (two DHS days reserved), so I'm optimistic we will get a BG at least one of those days. I was successful in getting BGs twice during our October visit.

I'm usually busy at 7am, but will have to try and squeeze in some morning practice as well. :)

I tried to practice joining for the 1st time today, but I did the 1:00 time so I didnt get far bc Im not in the park. But it brought up a question Im worried about. I have my family of 3. I also have my brotherā€™s party of 5 linked in my app. All 8 of us are trying to ride together. When I practiced today, only my name was automatically clicked. The Select All button was empty. Am i supposed to click that? None of my other family members were pre-selected, just my name alone (Our trip is 2 months out). Ive read that Im supposed to just ignore everything and click Join Join Join as quickly as possible, even if no one else is selected, is that right? Also, we are staying on property & my brother is not. Should both me & my brother be trying at 7:00am? I see mixed opinions on this.

Tried today at 1pm and got to the Not So Fast! page, but it read "Is Everyone in the Park?" I thought that guests no longer had to be in the park?
That's true for 7am, but you do have to be in the park for the 1pm drop. IIRC someone posted earlier that any variation on that message "is everyone in the park?" or "does everyone have a reservation?" still means you were fast enough and would have gotten a BG if it was for real.

First time practicing since October at 1pm today. Got the "Not so fast" screen. Nice to see that I'm not too badly out of practice. We'll be there the third week of March (two DHS days reserved), so I'm optimistic we will get a BG at least one of those days. I was successful in getting BGs twice during our October visit.

I'm usually busy at 7am, but will have to try and squeeze in some morning practice as well. :)
Im confused... anyone can answer this, Im just replying bc this post created a question for me. I practiced at 1:00pm today, but I didnā€™t get Not so fast screen. I got a screen saying something like, you must be in the park to join, do you want to remove this person, and it was my little picture by itself with the checkmark next to it.

Im confused... anyone can answer this, Im just replying bc this post created a question for me. I practiced at 1:00pm today, but I didnā€™t get Not so fast screen. I got a screen saying something like, you must be in the park to join, do you want to remove this person, and it was my little picture by itself with the checkmark next to it.
I believe there are couple of versions of this screen with different titles. I haven't seen 'Not so Fast!' either but if you get that or get what I have attached here, it indicates a success at getting the BG. But the screen where you select people is the screen prior to the final screen. That's the screen you just click Join on the bottom, not worrying about who is not selected because you would already be during practice and your party will be pre-selected also, on actual park day. But you can check Select All and then if you succeed, you will see 'Not so Fast' or 'Just a Moment screen'.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210219-070604_Photos~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20210219-070604_Photos~2.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 29
I believe there are couple of versions of this screen with different titles. I haven't seen 'Not so Fast!' either but if you get that or get what I have attached here, it indicates a success at getting the BG.
Ok yes!! That is the screen I got but my name was alone! Is that something i should be worried about? I have 8 people total linked on my app & we are all trying to be together. My group is 3, then i have my brothers group of 5. Does it matter if for some reason it selects only me, to add 7 more people to the group after the fact?

If your party is linked to your account, and they have a reservation on the same date, then they should already have been selected (I edited my earlier response as well).

I tried to practice joining for the 1st time today, but I did the 1:00 time so I didnt get far bc Im not in the park. But it brought up a question Im worried about. I have my family of 3. I also have my brotherā€™s party of 5 linked in my app. All 8 of us are trying to ride together. When I practiced today, only my name was automatically clicked. The Select All button was empty. Am i supposed to click that? None of my other family members were pre-selected, just my name alone (Our trip is 2 months out). Ive read that Im supposed to just ignore everything and click Join Join Join as quickly as possible, even if no one else is selected, is that right? Also, we are staying on property & my brother is not. Should both me & my brother be trying at 7:00am? I see mixed opinions on this.
On your park day, all of your F&F with a park pass will be preselected.

The messages are different at 7 and 1 but as long as you get that screen, you would have been successful.

And another reminder
Day of reservation at 7am you book the bg from wherever.
At 1pm everyone wanting to ride NEED to have scanned into DHS prior to 1pm
Everyone with a park reservation will be pre selected
Any variation of the message while practicing means you would've gotten it if you've had a park reservation
The way you know you DIDN'T have a successful practice is getting the red square saying all bg are full

Ok yes!! That is the screen I got but my name was alone! Is that something i should be worried about? I have 8 people total linked on my app & we are all trying to be together. My group is 3, then i have my brothers group of 5. Does it matter if for some reason it selects only me, to add 7 more people to the group after the fact?
They day you have a park reservation, everyone in your list who also has a reservation will automatically be pre-selected. Don't stop to check that day, just click Join as fast as possible.

If by chance anyone is missed, once in the park speak to someone at the blue umbrellas and they will be able to help you out.

We are travelng with another family. No biggie if we donā€™t ride together. Would it better to have better to Iink us together and try as a group of 8 or keep them separate and try as 2 groups of 4?

Last edited:
We are travelng with another family. No biggie if we donā€™t ride together. Would it better to have better to Illini us together and try as a group of 8 or keep them separate and try as 2 groups of 4?
If everyone is listed as Family & Friends in the MDE accounts of the people trying for the BG, the app will automatically put you all together in one BG. Do not take even a millisecond to check off names - just click Join-Join-Join as fast as you can. BGs are not like ADRs, there are far more people in each BG than 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter