• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
No limit - but the really good news is, you should NOT select anyone, just click Join-Join-Join. The system will automatically select everyone on the F&F list who has a ticket and DHS park pass for that day. If you get a BG and someone is left out, visit one of the Guest Experience CMs in the blue shirts (usually under a blue umbrella) and they’ll fix it. So for your son and his friends, make sure everyone is linked and has permission to plan for everyone else who’s going.
Not the OP, but I have a question. I did a test join this morning and was finally successful. However, my whole party wasn’t automatically selected. Am I reading this correctly to say that, on our actual park day, everyone will automatically be checked?

3C2C070C-E479-4391-95CC-8DB78A542A6B.jpeg

Not the OP, but I have a question. I did a test join this morning and was finally successful. However, my whole party wasn’t automatically selected. Am I reading this correctly to say that, on our actual park day, everyone will automatically be checked?

View attachment 559976
Your whole party will be selected the day you have park reservations.

Today nobody had park reservations as you were practicing so there was nobody for the computer to select.

View attachment 559976
Everyone in your linked friends and family, with a park reservation for "today" will be automatically selected at 7am. At 1PM, all your friends and family that have been in the park on that day will be selected.

Everyone in your linked friends and family, with a park reservation for "today" will be automatically selected at 7am. At 1PM, all your friends and family that have been in the park on that day will be selected.
Yes, they will be automatically selected the day you have park passes.

Thanks for the fast replies! Even after all my reading, I hadn’t caught that it wasn’t until the park day that the automatic selection would happen.

Thanks for the tips here! After two previous failed attempts I finally got a BG.

Here is what worked for me:
(I believe this is the AT-AT join)
Device - Only one Samsung Galaxy S9 on Data with a tested speed of 24 Mbps (both my failed attempts were on wifi but ymmv)
  • Restarted my phone at 6.55.00 am and only opened two apps - MDE and Chrome (USNO Master clock - do not use time.gov, nist or your phone or laptop's internal clock)
  • Made sure that if I swapped between Chrome and MDE, the AT-AT tile would still be centered (I should have verfied this the night before)
  • At 6.59.00, refreshed MDE by pulling down
  • Centered MDE on the AT-AT ROTR tile.
  • Swapped back to Chrome/USNO and refreshed the screen at 6.59.30
  • Started counting out loud at 6.59.40
  • At 6.59.55 swapped back to MDE, and since AT-AT was already centered hit JOIN JOIN JOIN without hesitating, held my breath and got BG 72.

Btw I know 1-2 people in my party will not use their BGs. Anyway to help someone who didnt get a BG?

Thanks for the tips here! After two previous failed attempts I finally got a BG.

Here is what worked for me:
(I believe this is the AT-AT join)
Device - Only one Samsung Galaxy S9 on Data with a tested speed of 24 Mbps (both my failed attempts were on wifi but ymmv)
  • Restarted my phone at 6.55.00 am and only opened two apps - MDE and Chrome (USNO Master clock - do not use time.gov, nist or your phone or laptop's internal clock)
  • Made sure that if I swapped between Chrome and MDE, the AT-AT tile would still be centered (I should have verfied this the night before)
  • At 6.59.00, refreshed MDE by pulling down
  • Centered MDE on the AT-AT ROTR tile.
  • Swapped back to Chrome/USNO and refreshed the screen at 6.59.30
  • Started counting out loud at 6.59.40
  • At 6.59.55 swapped back to MDE, and since AT-AT was already centered hit JOIN JOIN JOIN without hesitating, held my breath and got BG 72.

Btw I know 1-2 people in my party will not use their BGs. Anyway to help someone who didnt get a BG?
If you met someone that didn't get a bg, they could go with you, but that's probably risky. Another option would be for you and someone else in your party that wants to go again could get back in line with the non riders magic bands to take a second trip. But then you're dedicating more than an hour to the ride.
Unfortunately in most cases, those extras usually go unused

I suppose the clock-app method is a bit much. But for me, I like to do the first "Join" click right at 6:59:59 (or 12:59:59) and a detailed clock is needed for that. I used time.gov on every try back in January 2020 and the worst that happened was getting pushed back to a high BG when I got distracted for a moment. But now that I have a better mobile phone, maybe I should have more faith in its clock.

Successful practice at both 7am and 1pm today!!!! I tried the AT-AT join-button alignment method this afternoon vs. starting from "my queues." I didn't notice any appreciable difference in my speed/reaction time.

I think regardless of which method you use, the key is to be very familiar with the location of the buttons so you can rely on muscle memory and not stop to even look at, much less read, anything. Just hit "join, Join, Join" as fast as you can (as many have recommended here).

Am I the only one who doesn’t use a clock app? Just stares at the time on my phone until it hits 7?

I don't use a clock app either. So far have been successful, but did get higher BGs than maybe someone using the clock? not sure. One day got 7, next day , 66. Hubby got 67, no clock. I have had some unsuccessful practices lately though. I can totally understand wanting to use it, since those seconds matter, but we don't...yet.

Can someone please let me know what AT-AT means?
We are going soon so I’ve practice the last two mornings and haven’t gotten a board pass. ☹️
Thank you!

Can someone please let me know what AT-AT means?
We are going soon so I’ve practice the last two mornings and haven’t gotten a board pass. ☹
Thank you!
It's a "Star Wars thing." AT-AT = All Terrain Armored Transport (they're the mechanical "walkers" debuted in Empire Strikes Back).

Scroll down to find this picture on the MDE app home page:

The "join" button below that image is what you're looking for. That's what people mean when they refer to joining from the "AT-AT" page.

Last edited:
so I tried it this morning, while I was picking my party, it said it was ful, am I missing something? I have to wait till 7am in the app, refresh so it says join, then pick my party hopefully before it fills up, is that correct?

Wow, we are here now and I usually get in. I hit join and it to me to a page that described the ride. I was so mad. Other 2 of my group tried but none of us got in. That was a first. Now moving to Epcot for the day.

Wow, we are here now and I usually get in. I hit join and it to me to a page that described the ride. I was so mad. Other 2 of my group tried but none of us got in. That was a first. Now moving to Epcot for the day.
I’ve gotten it 4/5 times I’ve tried. I had a day like that too, did everything the same but it didn’t work for me. Enjoy Epcot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter