READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure this is really relevant, and mods, please delete if appropriate.

We were there last week, and wi-fi was terrible from our room at the Yacht Club. I kept turning it off, as my battery was being consumed very quickly by the constant searches. (And of course my very helpful phone kept turning it back on, even though it is set not too do so automatically).

Luckily we had many helping and got a BG both times we planned to be in DHS.

In the parks is better, but yikes, be sure you check often. NOTE: I have an older Pixel 2, if that is relevant - I will definitely upgrade before our next trip.

Interesting you had problems with the Wi Fi at YC. I noticed my phone kept giving me a message about suspicious websites when I was on wi fi at the YC. (including the Dis). It would say something along the lines of “might be masquerading & trying to steal your info”. These are sites I go to frequently, & the message would go away when I turned off wifi.

I also noticed how much longer my battery lasted not using Disney wifi. Luckily I have plenty of data so used that most of the trip.

So much for being able to join the 1pm queue from outside HS. Twice we were in EPCOT and when I went through the process it wanted to drop me from the group.

So much for being able to join the 1pm queue from outside HS. Twice we were in EPCOT and when I went through the process it wanted to drop me from the group.
You may only get a 1 PM BG if you have a park reservation for DHS and have tapped into the park prior to 1 PM. You may leave the park after tapping in and try for a 1 PM BG.

If you are in Epcot at 1 PM your park reservation for today must be for Epcot and therefore you are not eligible for a BG today. Where was your park reservation for today?

Do you have another day when you have a park reservation for DHS?

Repeating some questions from a couple days ago. Not sure if it's that no one knows or the post just wasn't really seen.

Does Disney cut off letting boarding groups enter at a certain time of day, or do they try to get as many boarding groups in as possible, even if it's after official park closing?

If I am successful at getting a boarding group at 7am, I know that I cannot try to get a second boarding group at 1pm on the same day. I am assuming that my husband, as a member of my "traveling party," can't try to get a boarding group at 1pm, either, correct?

Repeating some questions from a couple days ago. Not sure if it's that no one knows or the post just wasn't really seen.

Does Disney cut off letting boarding groups enter at a certain time of day, or do they try to get as many boarding groups in as possible, even if it's after official park closing?

If I am successful at getting a boarding group at 7am, I know that I cannot try to get a second boarding group at 1pm on the same day. I am assuming that my husband, as a member of my "traveling party," can't try to get a boarding group at 1pm, either, correct?
Not positive what the cutoff time is, but I’m assuming they don’t keep calling after the park is officially closed.

You can only get one BG per day. If your husband is part of the group at 7am, he cannot get another at 1pm..

Yes but it is really dependent on how the attraction is performing on a given day. Just because you get a BG does not mean you will actually get to enjoy the attraction. An official disclaimer.

Dave

AT AT stands for all terrain armored transport, so the 2 vehicles you see in the pic on the front page of your mde
Start there. At 7am click that join button and then thr3 couple of next ones that pop up, that's it.
No need to wait for a join button to turn any dolor, just as soon as the clock switches to 7 click join, join, join
My kids say AT-AT. I insist on referring to them as Imperial Walkers. 🤣

Just to confirm that I understand this correctly...

When I get to the "join" I do not need to pick which of my friends/family is joining. If they have a park reservation and appear on my F&F list they will automatically be joined in my boarding group (if I am successful in getting one).

I wanted to double check this because when I tried a practice run this morning, I was getting a red box error message and unable to move beyond this screen. I chose the members of my party who are going on our upcoming trip. Then when I hit "join" the red box popped up.

Thanks!

Just to confirm that I understand this correctly...

When I get to the "join" I do not need to pick which of my friends/family is joining. If they have a park reservation and appear on my F&F list they will automatically be joined in my boarding group (if I am successful in getting one).

I wanted to double check this because when I tried a practice run this morning, I was getting a red box error message and unable to move beyond this screen. I chose the members of my party who are going on our upcoming trip. Then when I hit "join" the red box popped up.

Thanks!
Correct - do not stop to pick anyone. The red error message would mean that you didn't get a BG.

Correct - do not stop to pick anyone. The red error message would mean that you didn't get a BG.

Thanks! I got the red box immediately at 7am. Wow! You have to be seriously fast to get a BG. I think the extra seconds I spent picking the seven other members of my party keep me from getting a BG. It was just a practice but good to know.

Thanks! I got the red box immediately at 7am. Wow! You have to be seriously fast to get a BG. I think the extra seconds I spent picking the seven other members of my party keep me from getting a BG. It was just a practice but good to know.
Yes, if you stop to read or click anyone you won't get a BG. Just join, join, join as fast as you can!

PS When you practice, since no one has a ticket or park pass for DHS that day, the system ignores them. When the big day comes, the system will see them and check them off automatically.

PS When you practice, since no one has a ticket or park pass for DHS that day, the system ignores them. When the big day comes, the system will see them and check them off automatically.
Is this new? I need to practice to refresh my memory. DD and I were in the park back in August. Both of us were trying for a BG. I was thinking we had to check each other off when trying to join. DD got BG #3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter