READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not have a valid ticket and I don’t have any park pass reservations in the future. I am able to get to the screen that says you don’t have reservations when practicing.

On the Disneyland app you do need a valid ticket so you can at least select someone for the party as they don’t access the F&F list, so I can understand that question.

But as it is, the system only cares if you have a park pass reservation, which would only be available if you have a valid ticket.

Thank you! I do think that indicates it still only cares about the park pass, and not the ticket.

I know they were going to change the system to dump your park passes if there are no valid tickets for the day (it was in reference to those that had a room/ticket packages and then change them), so was speculating that change may have impacted the app in other ways, as I've recently seen people on here and in RL that do try everything and are still getting the red error issue after multiple days and multiple attempts.

None of us really knows how the system is programmed.

Please return the conversation to assisting people with attempting to get a BG and general non-spoiler discussion. Further discussion re: how the system may/may not be programmed will be removed. Feel free to take that type of discussion offline to a PM and have fun!

I am the only one with an account set up with Disney app and have 6 tickets linked to mine, my kids and my parents. To increase the odds of BG at HS should I have only one of us logged in and trying for the virtual queue or have several of us logged into my account on each person's phone to try to get it?

Or do I need to get an account for my kids? No clue how to do that! Plan on going to HS 1-2 days and only plan to ride it once so it is a priority.

Any thoughts?

Jenn

I would try 2 phones so make another account. The other day around 6:55 am my app kept closing.

Some tips I followed from the boards.

- Turn off Wifi and bluetooth
- I kept hitting Join on the At and At screen.. It would take a couple seconds to load.. So i kept hitting the back button on my phone until I saw that I clicked join and it was 7am. I then let it load for a couple seconds and when Join came up I continued to hit Join Join Join Join... Not sure exactly how many times but I kept hitting join until I got the reservation.

- I was able to do it twice with no problems.

I would not create any new accounts - other things like resort reservations, ADRs, etc. can get messed up if the person who now has a new account doesn’t get linked to your account properly. I would just have several people log into your account. Check out THIS THREAD for full information and guidance! Read posts 1 and 2 all the way through, then maybe the last 3 or 4 pages.

Well, after two+ weeks of near daily practicing at home on the 1pm slot for my early June trip, I had my first failure today. I took all the same steps as usual: switched my phone onto cellular since my wifi is way faster than I'll get anywhere down there and I want as real a test as possible, preloaded the app (including loading/caching friends and family list), clicked the join button on the AT-AT home screen to pre-load that, then clicked back and waited for time.gov to hit exactly 7:00:00.

Only this time as soon as I hit the first join, the second page never loaded. I don't mean just the join button didn't load, I mean the whole second page was blank except for a title bar. As a result refresh wasn't even an option. I waited a split second before clicking back and then join again from the AT-AT screen but got the same thing. After fiddling for a couple of seconds more I finally got the second screen to load, but of course all passes were gone by then.

I always figured if I failed it would be because I was too slow or clicked the wrong thing by mistake, I never thought a glitch/network hiccup would lock me out. I assume (hope) this is a pretty rare occurrence? I only have one day in HS so not a lot of room for error.

PS - If it hasn't been said before, one thing I noticed today when doing my speed tests was that my phone defaults to 5G, but when I forced it via settings to use LTE, it turned out LTE was actually significantly faster than 5G. So I'd say if you have that option, it's worth checking both plus wifi when doing the real thing to ensure you get the fastest.

Well, after two+ weeks of near daily practicing at home on the 1pm slot for my early June trip, I had my first failure today.
I think I have your answer. Today at 1pm was the first time I have practiced for our trip in early June, and I was successful. Apparently I took your spot...

We may need to coordinate our trips if they are overlapping.

We have a 13 person group (3 separate families) going though some are kids so in actuality there are only 9 of us linked as friends/family that will ride. I know once the boarding groups are called you have an hour to show up. Does everyone in our group have to check in together or can each family go at what time within that hour works best for them?

We have a 13 person group (3 separate families) going though some are kids so in actuality there are only 9 of us linked as friends/family that will ride. I know once the boarding groups are called you have an hour to show up. Does everyone in our group have to check in together or can each family go at what time within that hour works best for them?
Each person/group can show up as they wish. No need to arrive at the ride at the same time.

I was able to get boarding group 25 today for my niece and great niece. They were staying at the Hilton in Disney Springs. Both of us tried. Fortunately we got a good number because they are flying home tonight and had to leave Disney by 5. They were so excited. my niece really wanted to go on it. I forgot to add that I am in the Philly area so I was excited that it worked

Last edited:
AT-AT method:

Successfully got BG 19 yesterday. (Ironically, I was trying to delay a sec so that I might not have to go to the park until later in the morning - but I think I was over-practiced and did it quickly, lol.)

Today was my "backup" DHS day, decided to try again. Had a weird glitch this morning - got to the Join page, and it just sat there with "Loading" for three seconds. By the time it finished, it was over. Switched over to wifi (off-site) for the 1pm distro - kinda half-glitched again, but hit Refresh fast enough for the Join button to appear, ran through the rest and got BG 118. Ended up going over to Epcot for a couple of hours, keeping my eye on the time remaining - took the Skyliner back to DHS. Got lucky with my timing - walked up to ROTR a minute after the group was called. (The timing on the app seemed pretty accurate, all things considered.)

I can say this: practicing definitely helps. (I'm assuming the glitchiness was my cell signal or phone, but I'm not sure.)

Wow! Got boarding group 17 this morning thanks to all theses these tips. But now I have no idea what to do... we have to be there within an hour of our estimated time?
There's a grace period at first - they don't start boarding right away. But, yes, once your group is called, you've got about an hour to enter the ride. (If you're late, try taking to the CMs and see what they can do. I have no idea if that would work, but it couldn't hurt. )

Wow! Got boarding group 17 this morning thanks to all theses these tips. But now I have no idea what to do... we have to be there within an hour of our estimated time?
Some folks have been reporting riding before official park opening times. (They can open a bit earlier than posted.) So you may find that arriving earlier is better if you're already ready to go and don't have other breakfast plans. Enjoy!

Yesterday they were running a bit late. My estimated return time when I got BG would have been 1pm. We got notification at 2:30 that we could board.
8B3E7FF1-B2FD-4909-939F-A2117462C93E.jpeg

Well, after two+ weeks of near daily practicing at home on the 1pm slot for my early June trip, I had my first failure today. I took all the same steps as usual: switched my phone onto cellular since my wifi is way faster than I'll get anywhere down there and I want as real a test as possible, preloaded the app (including loading/caching friends and family list), clicked the join button on the AT-AT home screen to pre-load that, then clicked back and waited for time.gov to hit exactly 7:00:00.

Only this time as soon as I hit the first join, the second page never loaded. I don't mean just the join button didn't load, I mean the whole second page was blank except for a title bar. As a result refresh wasn't even an option. I waited a split second before clicking back and then join again from the AT-AT screen but got the same thing. After fiddling for a couple of seconds more I finally got the second screen to load, but of course all passes were gone by then.

I always figured if I failed it would be because I was too slow or clicked the wrong thing by mistake, I never thought a glitch/network hiccup would lock me out. I assume (hope) this is a pretty rare occurrence? I only have one day in HS so not a lot of room for error.

PS - If it hasn't been said before, one thing I noticed today when doing my speed tests was that my phone defaults to 5G, but when I forced it via settings to use LTE, it turned out LTE was actually significantly faster than 5G. So I'd say if you have that option, it's worth checking both plus wifi when doing the real thing to ensure you get the fastest.
The exact same thing happened to me last week when I practiced. This is why it is important to have multiple people attempting to get a BG at the same time as backup. It is frustrating when you KNOW that you have the system down perfectly, yet a glitch can ruin everything.

The exact same thing happened to me last week when I practiced. This is why it is important to have multiple people attempting to get a BG at the same time as backup. It is frustrating when you KNOW that you have the system down perfectly, yet a glitch can ruin everything.
To me, this is a key point. If you have the option of having more than one device trying for a BG, I would highly recommend it!

Multiple people can sign onto the same account from various devices which only increases your chance of getting a BG. CMs may say differently but we have hundreds of reports on this thread that say multiple people trying works!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter