• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The exact same thing happened to me last week when I practiced. This is why it is important to have multiple people attempting to get a BG at the same time as backup. It is frustrating when you KNOW that you have the system down perfectly, yet a glitch can ruin everything.

You got it. This experience just solidified my need to have my wife try with me when the day comes and start practicing now!

I had the same thing happen to me where the second screen was blank but I kept clicking and was successful (not in the park screen). I recently cleared my safari website data, but my iCloud is full. Maybe that’s causing this. I recently upgraded my iOS which is making things even slower and web pages just close on their own. I have an iPhone 7.

I told my husband not to change anything on his phone 12. We will also have our kids trying on the iPad (Logging into one account).

Last edited:
I had the same thing happen to me where the second screen was blank but I kept clicking and was successful (not in the park screen). I recently cleared my safari website data, but my iCloud is full. Maybe that’s causing this. I recently upgraded my iOS which is making things even slower and web pages just close on their own. I have an iPhone 7.

I told my husband not to change anything on his phone 12. We will also have our kids trying on the iPad (Logging into one account).

iCloud storage shouldn't have any affect on this, and I could be wrong but I don't believe the MDE app is using the Safari webkit/API so I don't think that would affect it either. I really think it was just a random glitch. I have an iPhone 12 Pro with plenty of storage free and no Safari issues and it still happened to me.

This is why I think it's extra important to have multiple devices trying at the same time, because as an earlier poster mentioned, even if you have the process down pat, that doesn't mean one of your devices won't have a random hang-up at the time.

For those with a child under 3 who have gotten a BG, do you need to uncheck them? I know in the past, it wouldn't let you book fast passes if the under 3 child was in the group, since they didn't have a ticket. Will this be an issue with getting a BG for the rest of the party?

For those with a child under 3 who have gotten a BG, do you need to uncheck them? I know in the past, it wouldn't let you book fast passes if the under 3 child was in the group, since they didn't have a ticket. Will this be an issue with getting a BG for the rest of the party?
No. Taking time to uncheck them will disqualify you from getting a BG for anyone. Don't hesitate at all, just click Join, Join, Join. BGs fill within a few seconds.

If they don't have a ticket or park pass reservation, the process won't select them. Pretty sure a 3 year old doesn't need either.

In any case, if they are preselected, you probably won't know it because you're hitting the join buttons too fast to care.

No you don’t need to uncheck. They won’t have tickets or park pass reservations anyway. They will have dining reservations but these systems (dining and tickets) are not linked.

Even if a child is over 3, has tickets and a park pass, but doesn’t meet the height requirements or doesn’t want to ride, you still need a boarding group for them to do a rider switch.

I have a boarding pass for the morning, if I cancel it, am I still eligible to try and get a 1:00 boarding pass? Thanks

And if I decide to go to the morning one, which should be boarding around 10:30am, how long do I have to get there to ride?

And if I decide to go to the morning one, which should be boarding around 10:30am, how long do I have to get there to ride?

"Normally," an hour, or so.
But, if you explain that you had difficulties arriving on time, you should be fine to board "whenever" (within reason.)

When I joined the line the other day, the CM out front was calling for “groups 118 and under”. He said it a few times. I was at the tail end of my one hour return window, so I don’t know if someone with say, BG 30 would have had an issue. But he was clearly giving the impression that they wouldn’t.

I got my family members a BG while at work today. They missed at the 7am, so I logged into my mom's account on MDE and I was able to get them one at the 1pm window. So now I'm 5 for 5 at getting a boarding group!
You were INSIDE the DHS park when you booked the 1pm BG, correct?

Many people have reported tapping into DHS and then leaving again and successfully getting a BG at 1 PM. In the past couple of weeks someone got BGs for their family who were in the pool at their resort. None of them were still in the park at 1 PM.

No. Taking time to uncheck them will disqualify you from getting a BG for anyone. Don't hesitate at all, just click Join, Join, Join. BGs fill within a few seconds.
Absolutely, its still amazing how fast the BGs fill. Hitting join as fast as possible, one of our BGs was 44. I'm guessing within 10 seconds the morning is filled (maybe not even that long).

No but as stated by @Moliphino they were using their mom's MDE account and grabbing a BG for the family members that had a valid DHS Disney Park Pass (DPP) for today and they had already entered the tapstiles.

The MDE app does not use any location based services. Just a DPP for DHS and anyone in the MDE account including linked friends and family from other accounts that meet the requirements. Anyone else in the MDE account like @Moliphino would just be left 'unchecked' and not been listed on the BG for the 1 PM distribution.
I was not, my mom (whose account I used) was. I'm in CT, nowhere near the park.
Great use of the corporate assets. You do what you have to do for family. Great job now what does the family owe you?

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter